What's new

Dream and Nightmare

Kirito-sen

Honorary Poster
Established
Solutions
Reaction
Dream and Nightmare
A dream is the symbol of the heart’s wishes and desires. Dreams have led the travelers, philosophers, and artists into the centuries that have become our great past. Without dreams, very few people have the courage to step outside of society’s conformities and create, explore and express their innovative ideas. Dreams build character, invoke happiness, allow us to venture into new lands and fuel our ambition to succeed. A dream is meant to bring happiness, excitement, and wonder as it helps dreamers create a goal or lifestyle to work toward. Thus, the meaning of the word dream is known as “joy, pleasure, gladness; rejoicing, jubilation”, just a few words to describe the happiness dreams bring. Dreams are based on the foundation of what could be and the drive, determination and devotion of its dreamers. They may seem intangible and irrational to many, but dreams allow an escape from the present and an entrance into a better future. While a dream may be deemed small to many, the few who dare to dream often reach their destination because of their strong resolve. From young to old, dreams continue to leave a sparkle in the eyes of dreamers and brightens their outlook on life. As a dreamer myself, I find it to be an alluring past time to dream of the broad future I’ll one day see with my own eyes. From a very young age, my parents instilled in me a strong sense of hope and the idea that I could reach for the stars if that was my wish. I’ve dreamt of many things throughout my life, but one dream that will never fade is to be happy, successful and to live an eventful life with my loved ones. A new dream that’s developed over the past few years is to become a dermatologist and one day open my own clinic. I hope to continue to keep dreaming for the rest of my life and I know it will only lead me down a joyful and exciting path. Dreams signify a new land, depending on the person. a new land full of hope, teaming with endless possibilities and newfound forms of expression. A dream is said to be “a series of images, thoughts, and emotions, often with a story-like quality, generated by mental activity during sleep…”Good dreams are based on interests, forms of happiness and wishes, while nightmares have a foundation of fear, uncertainty and unwanted change. Both good and bad dreams have to do with the nature of a person’s feelings on a range of different topics. From small to large, spiders in a dream usually represents the indication of a nightmare for most, but an arachnid enthusiast would be overjoyed by the sight of the eight-legged insects. Perception plays a large role in the dreams of many people, their different outlooks on life will determine the manner of their dreams. Sleepless nights, nightmare filled dreams and sleep paralysis now elude my peaceful nights and are not permitted entry to my adventurous dreams. I dream with my mind wide open, bursting with excitement for a new world. and unbothered by what’s to come, because nightmares no longer reach me. After years of peaceful dreams, occasional nightmares, and dreamless sleep, I began to notice my dreams were consistent and occurred regularly. I came to the realization that I was dreaming every time I slept. This may be a common occurrence for some, but I had never experienced a steady flow of dreams, whenever I laid my head down to rest. Whether I was sleeping soundly through the night or taking a small cat nap, I found myself recalling the events of my dream. Even to this day, I find myself enticed, confused, and excited about my regularly scheduled dreams and often go on detailed tangents about my dreams, to my friends and family. I personally still question why I dream full-length adventures every night, but I’ll always be grateful to the small doses of mystery and wonder I’m able to receive through my dreams. Much like a blueprint, dreams create a path between the present we have and the future we hope to obtain. Dreams allow us to venture into new lands, seek happiness, mold our personalities and fuel our ambition to succeed. A dream is said to be a wish that the heart makes, and the heart doesn’t often steer us wrong, so listen to the sound of your heart and let your dreams guide you. For a dreamer never stops dreaming, because at no time will their dreams die out, they’ll have to wake from their slumber.