What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverdoggy

Addict
Reaction
For a couple of days now, I'm doing some tinkering and checking on how vpn/ovpn affects the speed of your mobile internet connection. I also did some research about it online.

Well there's are a lot of articles about it and based on what I researched, vpn/ovpn doesn't speed up instead it slows down the connection a bit due to the fact that they encrypts your data making it slower than compared to the bare data without it.

As mentioned aboved, I did some checking (please refer to the attached screen shot).

Earlier tonight I did some speed check using speedtest.net app. Twice I trun the test with and without the use of ovpn app.

Tools- Huawei mobile pocket wifi with Sun broadband postpaid simsim, ovpn app with singapore .ovpn config.

** no tricks/ additional config.

The result:

without ovpn- 0 result (I can't even finish the test and always network communication error)

with ovpn- 2 results.

So guys, what's your take on this?

Is it much better to use cpn/ovpn or not?

If you are aiming for data speed do not rely on the app itself, VPNs masks your true net activity. Data speed relies on injected proxy servers and on your IP gateway [ISP]

Is it much better to use VPNs? That depends kung ano net activity mo., but using VPN you find more freedom when accessing sites. Tumatagos kase sila sa mga restricted and or forbidden sites. Drawback lang niyan, since unknown ang net activity mo sa ISP, ang tendency niyan is to block your data connection [to a certain extent] considered abusive use kase yan [see Fair Usage Policy]

I agree
If you are aiming for data speed do not rely on the app itself, VPNs masks your true net activity. Data speed relies on injected proxy servers and on your IP gateway [ISP]

Is it much better to use VPNs? That depends kung ano net activity mo., but using VPN you find more freedom when accessing sites. Tumatagos kase sila sa mga restricted and or forbidden sites. Drawback lang niyan, since unknown ang net activity mo sa ISP, ang tendency niyan is to block your data connection [to a certain extent] considered abusive use kase yan [see Fair Usage Policy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back