What's new

Divorce Law and Same S3x Marriage. Yan nalang ba ang kulang para maging ganap na west culture tayong mga Filipino?

It all comes down to the reality of religion. That's one of the most significant factors when we talk about same-* marriage. It's either true or not. Since we won't find it out yet, people who found religion true will continue to advocate against same-* marriage. If all nations eventually legalize it, religious people will still fight for their freedom to exercise their faith. People of faith follow what their conscience dictates and what they believe in advocating against same-*** marriages. It may sound like pushing their own belief to others, but the nature of religion is self is to preach what they believe to be true.
Again i have to disagree with. What it really comes down to is human rights, specifically equal human rights.

Even if i grant u that na it comes down to religion eh which religion should we appeal to?? Sa dami ng religion which one and dapat iadopt in making laws sa society natin? Kung ganan kasi jan magkakaroon ng suppression sa ibang religion…. Its a fact na may division na ang ibat ibang religion. If laws are passed based on religion then un ang panahon na maapektuhan ang freedom ng iba to exercise their religion. Dun na mapupush ang certain beliefs over other people. Same *** marriage will not infringe sa freedom na un. The law still recognize the right of everyone to practice their religion.

Again i have to disagree with. What it really comes down to is human rights, specifically equal human rights.

Even if i grant u that na it comes down to religion eh which religion should we appeal to?? Sa dami ng religion which one and dapat iadopt in making laws sa society natin? Kung ganan kasi jan magkakaroon ng suppression sa ibang religion…. Its a fact na may division na ang ibat ibang religion. If laws are passed based on religion then un ang panahon na maapektuhan ang freedom ng iba to exercise their religion. Dun na mapupush ang certain beliefs over other people. Same *** marriage will not infringe sa freedom na un. The law still recognize the right of everyone to practice their religion.
That's ideal but not realistic. Let's take the example of those nations who already passed that law. Like I already mentioned sa post previously, the reality is people will demand more of what they already have. I don't need to specify what religion since there are a wide variety of religions around. But I am speaking for those religions that speak against same-*** marriage. True that the matters of the state should not be touched by religion but remember the constitution itself states
1633402384741.png

Thus, religion has a great influence in maintaining the foundations of law. Would the human right ignore imploring the aid of the Almighty God to support the rights of the people? I do respect and understand that those who experience same-*** attraction wanted to materialize their feelings to a bond they want to call marriage. But they shouldn't do it in a country where the constitution is built upon the foundation of God.

Attachments

As a conservative Christian, the short answer is a BIG NO.

Pero whether it will pass or not. But obviously it will naman soon. The church sana will be protected by it. Kasi nga sa west ang nangyayari pastors are jailed or church are burn down just because they refused. san na jan ang "tolerance" that the left are protesting? and why are we trying to be west? ang moral standard sa west ngayon ay babang-baba.

Ang truth kasi di yan naluluma. Kahit ano pang opinion ng mga tao, di yan mababago. Gender & Marriage are both ordained by God. Di pwde baliktarin yan sa opinion lang ng mga tao. We are a "Christian" nation and must uphold to God's standard not to mans opinion.

Last edited:
That's ideal but not realistic. Let's take the example of those nations who already passed that law. Like I already mentioned sa post previously, the reality is people will demand more of what they already have. I don't need to specify what religion since there are a wide variety of religions around. But I am speaking for those religions that speak against same-*** marriage. True that the matters of the state should not be touched by religion but remember the constitution itself states
View attachment 1651909

Thus, religion has a great influence in maintaining the foundations of law. Would the human right ignore imploring the aid of the Almighty God to support the rights of the people? I do respect and understand that those who experience same-*** attraction wanted to materialize their feelings to a bond they want to call marriage. But they shouldn't do it in a country where the constitution is built upon the foundation of God.
Sure that religion has a great influence sa foundation ng constitution and laws natin. The preamble u mentioned also states the promotion of freedom, love and equality na sya ding argument ng mga tao na wanna go with same *** marriage.

And yes imploring the aid of the almighty god is written in the constitution, but that all it says…imploring the aid. Nowhere sa constitution na nakalagay na we should strictly follow what god says…. And thats a good thing otherwise we will still be stoning people to death…. So yes, human rights can override imploring the aid of god and we do that na…. Do our laws and punishments for violating such laws the same as what the almighty god says?? There are so much laws in the bible, there are so much more na naiispecify pa depende sa religion na kausap mo and i think we dont follow those rules by the book.

The most important subject in the preamble of our constitution is not “the almighty god”….. its the word “We”… we as in the sovereign filipino people… what god says is not law in itself…

And yan din ang isa pang magiging mahihirap if we insist on that phrase sa consti…. Which god are we going to implore the aid of? Is it the christian god? What about other faiths?? That for me is why its hard to argue based on that ground.

Pero i get ur point. And the law nman still protects ung freedom of religion and bawat religion should not be persecuted because of their doctrine, on most cases….

So i dont agree na its not realistic. I think na its both ideal and realistic.

But can u imagine how hard that is… ung lumaki ka at napalalibutan ng tao na nagsasabi sayo na mahal ka ng diyos, kahit may kasalanan ka mahal ka ng diyos pero ung karapatan mong lumigaya at magmahal or maging totoo sa pagkatao mo eh ung nakasagabal eh ung diyos mo na nagsasabing mahal ka nea. Na kailangan mo pang lumayo para matupad lang yon.

Btw. What do u mean na people would demand more of what they already have?

As a conservative Christian, the short answer is a BIG NO.

Pero whether the it will pass or not. But obviously it will naman soon. The church sana will be protected by it. Kasi nga sa west ang nangyayari pastors are jailed or church are burn down just because they refused. san na jan ang "tolerance" that the left are protesting? and why are trying to be west? ang moral standard sa west ngayon ay babang-baba.

Ang truth kasi di yan naluluma. Kahit ano pang opinion ng mga tao, di yan mababago. Gender & Marriage are both ordained by God. Di pwde baliktarin yan sa opinion lang ng mga tao. We are a "Christian" nation and must uphold to God's standard not to mans opinion.
Agree na dapat mamaintain and protected ung freedom of religious expression. Pero i dont think na di mawawala ung tension whether issue man yan ng homosexuality or issues that religion have with other religions.

If ur implying na gender is just an opinion of man… i disagree…

By percentage ng population sure we can say na we’re a “christian nation”…. But the entirety of our population is not all christians…. We dont make laws based on our christianity… so more that being a “christian nation” eh i think its best to look at us a “filipino nation”… and work together toward wats best for filipinos and not wat is pleasing to our christianity or whatever faith one may hold.

Sure that religion has a great influence sa foundation ng constitution and laws natin. The preamble u mentioned also states the promotion of freedom, love and equality na sya ding argument ng mga tao na wanna go with same *** marriage.

And yes imploring the aid of the almighty god is written in the constitution, but that all it says…imploring the aid. Nowhere sa constitution na nakalagay na we should strictly follow what god says…. And thats a good thing otherwise we will still be stoning people to death…. So yes, human rights can override imploring the aid of god and we do that na…. Do our laws and punishments for violating such laws the same as what the almighty god says?? There are so much laws in the bible, there are so much more na naiispecify pa depende sa religion na kausap mo and i think we dont follow those rules by the book.

The most important subject in the preamble of our constitution is not “the almighty god”….. its the word “We”… we as in the sovereign filipino people… what god says is not law in itself…

And yan din ang isa pang magiging mahihirap if we insist on that phrase sa consti…. Which god are we going to implore the aid of? Is it the christian god? What about other faiths?? That for me is why its hard to argue based on that ground.

Pero i get ur point. And the law nman still protects ung freedom of religion and bawat religion should not be persecuted because of their doctrine, on most cases….

So i dont agree na its not realistic. I think na its both ideal and realistic.

But can u imagine how hard that is… ung lumaki ka at napalalibutan ng tao na nagsasabi sayo na mahal ka ng diyos, kahit may kasalanan ka mahal ka ng diyos pero ung karapatan mong lumigaya at magmahal or maging totoo sa pagkatao mo eh ung nakasagabal eh ung diyos mo na nagsasabing mahal ka nea. Na kailangan mo pang lumayo para matupad lang yon.

Btw. What do u mean na people would demand more of what they already have?
I got your point. I'm not saying we have to copy all the laws written in the bible and follow them. True that God gave us the freedom to choose for ourselves, but that doesn't change the fact of the things that are considered as absolute truth. Truths that no popular opinion can change. These truths are considered to be universal to whatever religion you may belong without the need of specifying what religion to consider. Absolute truth like God is the creator of all things, God is the lawgiver, and God made man and woman. Those truths are universal, and those are absolute.

Remember that we must love God before we love our fellowmen. Those who believe in a God of supreme beings like Christianity, Islam, and Judaism (the majority of religion in the Philippines) know that the first commandment is to worship the Lord God and no one else. Saying that God's truth comes second is already a sign of disrespect in His authority. Which will become unconstitutional since the constitution itself knows and respects the authority of the almighty that's why it was included in the very first words of the preamble. Remember that the constitution serves as the very basic foundation of laws in the country. It doesn't need to detail everything. When the constitution says "imploring the aid of the Almighty God" it is to say that God's truths come first. It is hypocrisy when we assume that man has the authority over God's truth, and I don't think that the constitution would mean to say based on what you mean, "We'll implore God for help but let us not head it." Rather it bows down to the authority of God. That's why the laws that are made are based on absolute truths from God, like the 10 commandments.

I would like to disagree to what you said "what god says is not law itself..." That is presumptuous, sacrilegious, and unconstitutional--at least for me as a believer. I said unconstitutional because of the reason I mentioned earlier that the constitution itself bows down to the will of God. Do you know why the word implore was used? It is because of its meaning.
1633454680379.png

Thus to say that it is just a second opinion is contradictory to the intended meaning.

The most important thing in the preamble is not the Filipino People. It is the purpose of the constitution itself! It is to make a just and human society and establish a Government through the GUIDANCE OF GOD's TRUTH. Again we don't need to specify what GOD we are talking about because the majority(which means the Filipino people) of religions in the Philippines are Christian, Muslim, and Judaism, who by the way the GOD of the Bible.

1633454796983.png

Are you a religious leader yourself? When it comes to counseling those people who are experiencing same-*** attraction. We just don't say mahal ka ng Diyos and this and that. There are things we need people to understand. There are truths people need to know why they are experiencing those things and what is the role of God in one's life regarding that matter. Scientifically there is no concrete evidence yet what people feel same-*** attraction. We may not be able to pinpoint the origin of those things, but we may be able to understand why those things come into our lives. Just as those people who suffered disability by birth and other disadvantages in life. GOD will never be a hindrance to one person's happiness. GOD is happiness itself. If one thinks that he won't be happy because he follows God by not succumbing to his desires for same-*** love. I believe He doesn't much about how God works and how He loves us so much. Now this will all make sense if you are a believer, but if not, this would mean nothing to you. Don't try to reason something to say about God if you don't even believe. Because that would only mean using Him as a tool for your argument to justify same-*** marriage.

What I mean when I said, people would demand more of what they already have, is that people will not be contented kung anong meron na. Let's say that same-*** marriage will be legalized here in the Philippines. There would be people that would be happy enough to get married in the civil. BUT there will be others who will request for a church wedding. As it becomes a law, there would come a time that they will ask for churches to conduct same-*** marriage. And the law will be forced to enforce it to those churches who are against it. Now let us take from your point of view that God's law becomes a second opinion. Do you think there would still be freedom of religious exercise present during that time? God forbid.

That's why I will always voice for a NO-NO for same-*** marriage. NOT only because of the threat it entails to religious freedom, but most importantly it is NOT truly from GOD. GOD is love but yet GOD's love is not defined by man's desires. GOD is a living being and not just words from a book.

Attachments

Tayo na lang ang bansa sa mundo na walang divorce. Even VATICAN , may divorce na. Ano bang meron saten ? Mas matalino tayo kesa sa ibang bansa ? i doubt it. Parang face shield lang e. Nagfifeeling expert tayo kahit tinatawanan na tayo ng ibang bansa. Dlwa lang naman yan e. Magiging western tayo o magiging pro China o NoKor tayo na komunista.

I got your point. I'm not saying we have to copy all the laws written in the bible and follow them. True that God gave us the freedom to choose for ourselves, but that doesn't change the fact of the things that are considered as absolute truth. Truths that no popular opinion can change. These truths are considered to be universal to whatever religion you may belong without the need of specifying what religion to consider. Absolute truth like God is the creator of all things, God is the lawgiver, and God made man and woman. Those truths are universal, and those are absolute.

Remember that we must love God before we love our fellowmen. Those who believe in a God of supreme beings like Christianity, Islam, and Judaism (the majority of religion in the Philippines) know that the first commandment is to worship the Lord God and no one else. Saying that God's truth comes second is already a sign of disrespect in His authority. Which will become unconstitutional since the constitution itself knows and respects the authority of the almighty that's why it was included in the very first words of the preamble. Remember that the constitution serves as the very basic foundation of laws in the country. It doesn't need to detail everything. When the constitution says "imploring the aid of the Almighty God" it is to say that God's truths come first. It is hypocrisy when we assume that man has the authority over God's truth, and I don't think that the constitution would mean to say based on what you mean, "We'll implore God for help but let us not head it." Rather it bows down to the authority of God. That's why the laws that are made are based on absolute truths from God, like the 10 commandments.

I would like to disagree to what you said "what god says is not law itself..." That is presumptuous, sacrilegious, and unconstitutional--at least for me as a believer. I said unconstitutional because of the reason I mentioned earlier that the constitution itself bows down to the will of God. Do you know why the word implore was used? It is because of its meaning.
View attachment 1652973
Thus to say that it is just a second opinion is contradictory to the intended meaning.

The most important thing in the preamble is not the Filipino People. It is the purpose of the constitution itself! It is to make a just and human society and establish a Government through the GUIDANCE OF GOD's TRUTH. Again we don't need to specify what GOD we are talking about because the majority(which means the Filipino people) of religions in the Philippines are Christian, Muslim, and Judaism, who by the way the GOD of the Bible.

View attachment 1652974
Are you a religious leader yourself? When it comes to counseling those people who are experiencing same-* attraction. We just don't say mahal ka ng Diyos and this and that. There are things we need people to understand. There are truths people need to know why they are experiencing those things and what is the role of God in one's life regarding that matter. Scientifically there is no concrete evidence yet what people feel same-* attraction. We may not be able to pinpoint the origin of those things, but we may be able to understand why those things come into our lives. Just as those people who suffered disability by birth and other disadvantages in life. GOD will never be a hindrance to one person's happiness. GOD is happiness itself. If one thinks that he won't be happy because he follows God by not succumbing to his desires for same-* love. I believe He doesn't much about how God works and how He loves us so much. Now this will all make sense if you are a believer, but if not, this would mean nothing to you. Don't try to reason something to say about God if you don't even believe. Because that would only mean using Him as a tool for your argument to justify same-* marriage.

What I mean when I said, people would demand more of what they already have, is that people will not be contented kung anong meron na. Let's say that same-* marriage will be legalized here in the Philippines. There would be people that would be happy enough to get married in the civil. BUT there will be others who will request for a church wedding. As it becomes a law, there would come a time that they will ask for churches to conduct same-* marriage. And the law will be forced to enforce it to those churches who are against it. Now let us take from your point of view that God's law becomes a second opinion. Do you think there would still be freedom of religious exercise present during that time? God forbid.

That's why I will always voice for a NO-NO for same-*** marriage. NOT only because of the threat it entails to religious freedom, but most importantly it is NOT truly from GOD. GOD is love but yet GOD's love is not defined by man's desires. GOD is a living being and not just words from a book.
LOL, sana ganito mag explain c pacman para naman hnde na cya ikakahiya..😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Tayo na lang ang bansa sa mundo na walang divorce. Even VATICAN , may divorce na. Ano bang meron saten ? Mas matalino tayo kesa sa ibang bansa ? i doubt it. Parang face shield lang e. Nagfifeeling expert tayo kahit tinatawanan na tayo ng ibang bansa. Dlwa lang naman yan e. Magiging western tayo o magiging pro China o NoKor tayo na komunista.
Only in the philippines.😂😂😂😂😂

Napaka boring nmn ng thread na to and yet mga nonsense ang nagrreply. If di nyo gets anong nonsense kahit mag google pa kayo, matulog nalang kayo!

View attachment 1652973

View attachment 1652974
Are you a religious leader yourself? When it comes to counseling those people who are experiencing same-* attraction. We just don't say mahal ka ng Diyos and this and that. There are things we need people to understand. There are truths people need to know why they are experiencing those things and what is the role of God in one's life regarding that matter. Scientifically there is no concrete evidence yet what people feel same-* attraction. We may not be able to pinpoint the origin of those things, but we may be able to understand why those things come into our lives. Just as those people who suffered disability by birth and other disadvantages in life. GOD will never be a hindrance to one person's happiness. GOD is happiness itself. If one thinks that he won't be happy because he follows God by not succumbing to his desires for same-* love. I believe He doesn't much about how God works and how He loves us so much. Now this will all make sense if you are a believer, but if not, this would mean nothing to you. Don't try to reason something to say about God if you don't even believe. Because that would only mean using Him as a tool for your argument to justify same-* marriage.

What I mean when I said, people would demand more of what they already have, is that people will not be contented kung anong meron na. Let's say that same-* marriage will be legalized here in the Philippines. There would be people that would be happy enough to get married in the civil. BUT there will be others who will request for a church wedding. As it becomes a law, there would come a time that they will ask for churches to conduct same-* marriage. And the law will be forced to enforce it to those churches who are against it. Now let us take from your point of view that God's law becomes a second opinion. Do you think there would still be freedom of religious exercise present during that time? God forbid.

People who believe in a god believe those things as absolute truths. That does not automatically means that it is. Even if its believe by the majority of the population does not mean its true. Commonality does not equate to truth.

Even if i follow ur logic and accept those truths as absolute like god is the lawgiver then why would u still say that we have the freedom to choose? If god as lawgiver is absolute truth then the laws he gave should be absolute as well and we have to follow them as it was given. But we dont do that. Like u said we still have the freedom to choose.

And about that first commandment of having no other god except the lord god. Is that absolute as well?? Do christians, muslims and jews worship the same god? I dont think that u can say yes to that. So if a muslim worship allah and not ur god is he disrecpecting your god’s authority? Is he being unconstitutional by doing so?? Arent they just imploring the aid of their god as well?

Im not sure if its written in the constitution that we follow the “guidance of god’s truths” but it simply says “imploring the aid of god” … correct me if im wrong on this.
Anyway, its say to “implore the aid” and defining it like u quoted is to ask or request for the help or assistance of god. Thats it. Kaya nga u said we dont follow all of god’s laws (or all of YOUR god’s laws) because it does not require us to. We have the freedom to choose pa nga kamo. That alone means that WE, THE FILIPINO PEOPLE is what the constitution is for and not for wat (your) god wants. Its just an acknowledgement of god since like u said eh we are predominantly christians.

Im very very far from a religious leader, but i guess im in position to counsel homosexuals about god’s love. Is that what ur saying??

What do homosexual needs to understand about god’s love ba? That god loves them only of they meet his requirements? So god’s love isnt unconditional?? That no matter how decent or good of a person they are eh may mali pa din sa knila?? That other sinners are more welcome kay god kesa sa knila because of the gender they identify with?

Ur arguing againts same *** marriage because of ur god and because its found in the constitution. But the constitution itself is for all filipinos, whether they believe in ur god or any other gods or even if they dont believe in any god at all.

Sa last part, i agree with u like i said before. Even if i agree sa same *** marriage eh i dont want religious organizations to be compelled to officiate such matrimony if its againts their doctrine. The law should still respect and protect that right. And i think a compromise with that eh possible nman.

Hypothetically lang, if same *** marriage eh maging law but churches with doctrines against it are protected nman are u still gonna be against it??

God is a living being…. Err..uhmm. Wag ko na lang iaddress kasi hahaba pa lalo that wat my reply needs to be.

“God is Love”….Sure…. Unless ur gay, or ur god isnt the same as mine. Now that’s hypocrisy.

People who believe in a god believe those things as absolute truths. That does not automatically means that it is. Even if its believe by the majority of the population does not mean its true. Commonality does not equate to truth.

Even if i follow ur logic and accept those truths as absolute like god is the lawgiver then why would u still say that we have the freedom to choose? If god as lawgiver is absolute truth then the laws he gave should be absolute as well and we have to follow them as it was given. But we dont do that. Like u said we still have the freedom to choose.

And about that first commandment of having no other god except the lord god. Is that absolute as well?? Do christians, muslims and jews worship the same god? I dont think that u can say yes to that. So if a muslim worship allah and not ur god is he disrecpecting your god’s authority? Is he being unconstitutional by doing so?? Arent they just imploring the aid of their god as well?

Im not sure if its written in the constitution that we follow the “guidance of god’s truths” but it simply says “imploring the aid of god” … correct me if im wrong on this.
Anyway, its say to “implore the aid” and defining it like u quoted is to ask or request for the help or assistance of god. Thats it. Kaya nga u said we dont follow all of god’s laws (or all of YOUR god’s laws) because it does not require us to. We have the freedom to choose pa nga kamo. That alone means that WE, THE FILIPINO PEOPLE is what the constitution is for and not for wat (your) god wants. Its just an acknowledgement of god since like u said eh we are predominantly christians.

Im very very far from a religious leader, but i guess im in position to counsel homosexuals about god’s love. Is that what ur saying??

What do homosexual needs to understand about god’s love ba? That god loves them only of they meet his requirements? So god’s love isnt unconditional?? That no matter how decent or good of a person they are eh may mali pa din sa knila?? That other sinners are more welcome kay god kesa sa knila because of the gender they identify with?

Ur arguing againts same *** marriage because of ur god and because its found in the constitution. But the constitution itself is for all filipinos, whether they believe in ur god or any other gods or even if they dont believe in any god at all.

Sa last part, i agree with u like i said before. Even if i agree sa same *** marriage eh i dont want religious organizations to be compelled to officiate such matrimony if its againts their doctrine. The law should still respect and protect that right. And i think a compromise with that eh possible nman.

Hypothetically lang, if same *** marriage eh maging law but churches with doctrines against it are protected nman are u still gonna be against it??

God is a living being…. Err..uhmm. Wag ko na lang iaddress kasi hahaba pa lalo that wat my reply needs to be.

“God is Love”….Sure…. Unless ur gay, or ur god isnt the same as mine. Now that’s hypocrisy.

1633496411326.png

That's my standpoint as a believer, that there are absolute truths. I understand that commonality does not always equate to truth. But as a believer, I believe that there are absolute that exist either common or uncommon to people.

1633496661934.png

Yes, God's laws and truths are absolute and should be followed that is what we call Justice. When I said that we have the freedom to choose, we have the freedom to choose whatever we like. BUT we cannot choose the consequence of those choices. Keep in mind that God's laws and truths are made for the benefit of his children. Depending on the level of your understanding of God's law and truths this may have different meanings to you.

1633496863617.png

Yes, that's absolute. I firmly believe that we worship the same GOD whatever other religions call it. Whether we call it God the Father, Allah, Jehova, or the Superior Being most of the scientists mentioned, they are all the same. Religions exist because of different concepts and perceptions they have towards that great and Supreme Being. I believe the constitution have that one in mind when it was made. That's why it is not unconstitutional if Muslims worship Allah and I worship my God--because frankly, they are the same being.

1633497143387.png

True that it is not written literally that we must follow "guidance of God's truths", but what was the use for imploring if you're not going to acknowledge it. True that as a country we have the freedom to choose the laws that we want to be implemented, that's why as a believer I am against same-*** marriage. Believers fear the consequences of choosing to legalize that idea in the country. When there are laws there are consequences. We are free to choose to act, but not the consequence that comes after that.

1633497494678.png

Giving advice to other people despite having enough knowledge of God's work and dealings with men is like a blind leading a blind crossing the road. You can give advice and counsel but that wouldn't be effective enough to understand the whole thing.

1633497648729.png

This is one example I am trying to explain above. People only think that God's love is entitled to those who meet the requirements. There's no need for any reason for GOD to love you. HE JUST LOVES YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE HIS CHILD AND HE IS OUR FATHER. The same as a goodly father doesn't need any reason to love his child. Everyone is welcome to God, sinner or not. You may be misunderstanding something, when I talk about same-*** marriage, I am not talking about the person. I am talking about PRACTICE. The practice is unacceptable to God, not the person. God accepts everyone who wants to follow him, but HE LOVES everyone unconditionally. That's why it is rather not effective to counsel others about how God's love works if one is not sure himself how it works.

1633497972039.png

Yes, it is for all Filipinos, that's why I am voicing against it because I want to make a stand for what I believe. I have the right to do it. If others are against what I believe in then they have the rights to stand against it. What I am trying to explain is my side as a believer.

1633498171881.png

If it comes to that point, yes we will still continue to advocate against it. But most likely our efforts would be more on how to protect religious freedom. How we are able to worship according to the dictates of our hearts and conscience.

1633498268464.png

Again this is what I believe, I don't have to push it to you. This is to say that the basis of my argument is founded upon this principle. That God is a living being, that we may not comprehend now what He can comprehend, but in due time we will. You might bring upon thousand of things to disprove His existence. But our existence, how nature and the universe works testify OF HIS REALITY. SCIENCE may theorize everything but they cannot disprove HIS existence. (Di pa nga nila na discover 100% of the oceans in the earth, to say that they already disprove HIS existence is presumptuous.)

1633498492525.png

Again you have misunderstood God's love.

Attachments

Last edited:
I only see divorce as an easy way out to marriage, hence it undermines the basic unit of human relations and society. Marriage is a serious life decision attached with moral obligations to your partner and your children with so many risks to consider. Having a divorce law at your disposal, one could just simply terminated the legal and moral responsibilities of marriage without much room for negotiation due to the nature of the law.

In countries with divorce law, the devastating impact to fight for child custody is hellish. It also leads to an increase of fatherlessness that is not an ideal environment to raise a child. We will fall in the false and shallow idea that marriage is just a plain legally binded paper that could easily be voided by simply ripping it off.

For same-s3x marriage, I don't want our society to participate in this social experiment. We don't know yet the impact whether it is good or bad to our society, especially in raising children under this radical communion. Let's not ride on the bandwagon of the liberal west which are facing political and moral issues on radical movements demanding radical changes in their society. I am no against same s3x having intimate human relationship, in fact more power to them. But let's not carelessly cross the line of moral grounding of marriage since most of us are ignorant of the signifance and sanctity of it.

You, people, only hate same s3x marriage because of your BiBlE lol. Straight people shouldn't have a say about this bc you'll never experience the struggle of those in such relationship. The LGBT community needs it for their rights to be equal. Plus, stop thinking you're a good person coz you're straight; from the fact that you are a homophobic proves you're not.

You, people, only hate same s3x marriage because of your BiBlE lol. Straight people shouldn't have a say about this bc you'll never experience the struggle of those in such relationship. The LGBT community needs it for their rights to be equal. Plus, stop thinking you're a good person coz you're straight; from the fact that you are a homophobic proves you're not.
I am not saying I'm a good person, I myself have shortcomings. We are talking about why not to legalize same-*** marriage, we are not talking about being a good person or not. NO ONE IS PERFECT, but that doesn't mean that no one has the right to say what is right or not. AGAIN PLEASE READ PROPERLY THE CONVERSATION BEFORE SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT BEING A GOOD PERSON OR NOT. In the first place, I'm not saying that having same-*** attraction means you're a bad person. What I'm saying is that SAME-*** MARRIAGE is not acceptable to GOD. I'm not saying that those people who experience same-*** attraction are not ACCEPTABLE to GOD, it is the PRACTICE, not the person. However, if one indulges himself in homosexual activity one needs to repent the same as a heterosexual person involve himself in pre-marital ***. This is my standpoint as a believer.

That's my standpoint as a believer, that there are absolute truths. I understand that commonality does not always equate to truth. But as a believer, I believe that there are absolute that exist either common or uncommon to people.
I agree. There are truths that we can agree on both as a believer and a non believer. God isnt one of them. Until the time comes na mapatunayan na totoo ang god and specifically ur god then sguro by then i can agree with u on that.

Yes, God's laws and truths are absolute and should be followed that is what we call Justice. When I said that we have the freedom to choose, we have the freedom to choose whatever we like. BUT we cannot choose the consequence of those choices. Keep in mind that God's laws and truths are made for the benefit of his children. Depending on the level of your understanding of God's law and truths this may have different meanings to you.
U said so urself again that we have the freedom to choose whatever we like. And the mere fact that we dont adopt the laws of ur god as it was written means that its not absolute, is it not?

Its absolute and yet we have the freedom to choose what we want?? How does that work?? So man’s choices and opinions prevail over god’s will? Thats not absolute then.

The consequences you are referring to perhaps are the consequences written on ur bible and not the consequences stated in our constitution.

Yes, that's absolute. I firmly believe that we worship the same GOD whatever other religions call it. Whether we call it God the Father, Allah, Jehova, or the Superior Being most of the scientists mentioned, they are all the same. Religions exist because of different concepts and perceptions they have towards that great and Supreme Being. I believe the constitution have that one in mind when it was made. That's why it is not unconstitutional if Muslims worship Allah and I worship my God--because frankly, they are the same being.
Ow c’mon. U really believe that you are worshipping the same god that other religions worship?? Do u proclaim Allah as your one true god sa mga services nyo?? How about yahweh or jehova?? Part ba ng service nyo ang pagbabasa ng koran?? Many times mo na nabanggit ang bible and not once mo namention ang koran eh… so i apologize na i dont believe what ur saying na u worship the same god na winoworship ng ibang religion.

True that it is not written literally that we must follow "guidance of God's truths", but what was the use for imploring if you're not going to acknowledge it. True that as a country we have the freedom to choose the laws that we want to be implemented, that's why as a believer I am against same-*** marriage. Believers fear the consequences of choosing to legalize that idea in the country. When there are laws there are consequences. We are free to choose to act, but not the consequence that comes after that.
I already mentioned before that the constitution already acknowledge it. And like i said din before and u agreed as well na “imploring the aid” does not mean that we have to follow ur god’s laws by the book.

U keep on mentioning consequences, why do u think na we dont follow the consequences of violating the laws kagaya ng ginagawa sa bible?? And do u agree sa bible mo na dapat imaintain natin ung mga laws and consequences na nakasulat dun?

Giving advice to other people despite having enough knowledge of God's work and dealings with men is like a blind leading a blind crossing the road. You can give advice and counsel but that wouldn't be effective enough to understand the whole thing.

This is one example I am trying to explain above. People only think that God's love is entitled to those who meet the requirements. There's no need for any reason for GOD to love you. HE JUST LOVES YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE HIS CHILD AND HE IS OUR FATHER. The same as a goodly father doesn't need any reason to love his child. Everyone is welcome to God, sinner or not. You may be misunderstanding something, when I talk about same-*** marriage, I am not talking about the person. I am talking about PRACTICE. The practice is unacceptable to God, not the person. God accepts everyone who wants to follow him, but HE LOVES everyone unconditionally. That's why it is rather not effective to counsel others about how God's love works if one is not sure himself how it works.
I think i get u na here. Ur saying na unconditonal ang love ni god regardless kung ano pagkatao mo, regardless kung kagaya ko na non believer eh god loves all of us unconditionally.. tama??

Ang technicality pala lies dun sa “acceptance” ni god and not sa love nea. So tama ka. Perhaps walang requirement sa god’s love. Pero sa acceptance nea lang pala meron… kasi sabi mo nga god will accept those who follows him.

So for a guy like me, or sa isang gay na pinapractice ang homosexuality nea eh god loves people like us unconditionally pero since we dont follow him eh we cant be accepted…. Thats a pretty unique definition of unconditional love…

Yes, it is for all Filipinos, that's why I am voicing against it because I want to make a stand for what I believe. I have the right to do it. If others are against what I believe in then they have the rights to stand against it. What I am trying to explain is my side as a believer.
Yes. I acknowledge ur right to do so just as im exercising my right to argue my position from the other side of the fence nga lang.

If it comes to that point, yes we will still continue to advocate against it. But most likely our efforts would be more on how to protect religious freedom. How we are able to worship according to the dictates of our hearts and conscience.
Dito i strongly disagree with u khit hypothetical lang ung scenario na binigay ko. Sinabi ko na nga na if ever ganon at protektado na ung religion eh u will still advocate againts it pa??

Isnt that the same fear that u have?? Na people would demand more?? Na even if protected na pala kayo at u maintain ur freedom to practice ur faith eh u will still advocate againts it??

I was actually expecting na ur answer will be that u will respect ung ganong law and leave those people alone.

Again this is what I believe, I don't have to push it to you. This is to say that the basis of my argument is founded upon this principle. That God is a living being, that we may not comprehend now what He can comprehend, but in due time we will. You might bring upon thousand of things to disprove His existence. But our existence, how nature and the universe works testify OF HIS REALITY. SCIENCE may theorize everything but they cannot disprove HIS existence. (Di pa nga nila na discover 100% of the oceans in the earth, to say that they already disprove HIS existence is presumptuous.)
If u really wanna discuss ung existence ng god then we can do that sa isa pang thread coz thats a whole lot of discussion on its own. Pero sagutin ko lang ng konte. I dont think science already disproved god or is even trying to do so. Science just have not found any evidence that the god claims such as yours is true. Most non belivers that i know will answer that with “i dont know” which for me is very humbling at not at all presumptuous.

Ikaw na din nagssabi na we cant comprehend si god. Nature, our universe and our existence are our perception and observation of reality and existence. If ur god is beyond that then by definition eh he isnt real and does not exist. If u cant comprehend ur god and he is beyond our current understanding of reality and existence and you still believe that his existence is true. Then ur being presumptuous as well.

Same seks talaga ayaw kahit anong angulo mo tignan talaga weird magspadahan kayo tpos sa babae namn magkikiskisan haha

Back