What's new

Stories Demon's Catalyst of Doom

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Demon's Catalyst of Doom
MGL Emvie

To pick the elven general from the rift of time, Nathan, a.k.a. Captian Chrono, cut the link of Miya's soul flow in life and destiny. Through Eruditio, Nathan equip and train the elven archer. Her mission; save the Tree of Life form the Fire Demon. With her soul link broken, Miya of all universes and timelines, got a one last chance to change destiny with her hands.

In the forest of Azrya Woodlands, the dark clouds creep and cast shadows. On the outskirts, a hundred Abyss demons flood the elven villages, leaving trails of splattered blood, burnt and scratched, twisted trees. The flames cackle as the squeals and wails of the elves turn to a tune of requiem, a melody so terrifying beyond belief that the devil in hell would dance. The smell of burnt flesh and woods spread like wildfire and the mint of coppery blood in the demons' nostrils turns their deformed faces frenzier.

Miya follows the trail of death and destruction, and catches the demons red-handed. Under the shades of thick bushes, Miya witnesses the demon's butchering the elves like livestock; turning her pupils in fiery rage. Immediately, her goggles click to scan the demons, and on these demons' head, a circlular target indicator glows red while the elves to be rescued turned green.

The village chief shoves his face forward, and grovels before a demon captain. Thickened blood covers half his face, and his left shoulder shows burn wound so grave that his bones shows. Fractures appears in her ankles and his limping knees dislocated. However, the shrivel in her eyes says his fear is greater than his pain, and while his face burrowed on the ground, he cried, "Spare the children!"

But the demon captain exclaims, "What an honorable chief! Thinking about others before himself!"

"Please!"

But the demon captain raises a dull sword and chops the chief's head. His sword gets stuck in the middle of the chief's neck and fails to pull his sword. Agitated, he orders the demon underlings to just massacre everyone and everything that breathes.

Nevertheless, before a demon edge could fall on an elven hair, Miya appeared with eyes beaming with rage. Swiftly, she shoots an arrow that breaks and stuns the demon. Behind her, a couple of demons leap to take her by surprise. But her bow burst a blaze like nitro, burning those demons to ash. She waves her bow and the demons further behind was cut in half. "You'll regret this!" she shouted. Then she rains arrows to the demons that caught her sight.

The demons scatters like an ant's nest that got disturbed. But the flaming arrows catch them whether they hide from the thickest of trees or boulders. The embers of these arrowheads burn the demon but to the unfortunate elves, it shines like a ray of hope.

The dying cries of demons turns to silence and a rumbling earth sound echoes. The flames wave to a direction though the wind was absent and from above, the moon came out from hiding.

Miya grabs a cell from Eruditio to charge her bow with the moon magic power when suddenly a robotic voice whispers on her earpiece

"Danger detected! High heat signal detected."

Miya glances in all direction a dozen times in three seconds. Her scanning devices fails to detect the heat source of the warning. She grabs her goggles and set it to detect invisible units, but shows no signs of s†éálth so she decides, "We've got to leave!" She grabs an injectable medicine from her waist and turns to lead the traumatized elves to safety.

However, the burning hut beside Miya explodes, and inside came out a demon covered in flames. The lava that stick to the crevices of the demon's skin splatters and bathes half of the elves that has to be rescued. "I heard. A worthy opponent appeared here!" the demon said.

The blast throws Miya.

A lampost catches the archer general and breaks his metal shoulder guard, her bow, and a box of injectable meds kit.

"That monster. Captain Chrono was right." she said.

"Are you an elf... human?"

"I'm the doom catalyst for you demons!" Miya said.

A cylinder device shoots up and pops, showering Miya with rays. The fire demon then rolls his eyes. He gazes on the corners and sides where the strange archer could hide. Being a demon of flame, he leaves a trail of lava torrent that explodes. And he left one under the debris of the hut.

A moment later, the torrent explodes. The wooden debris became shrapnels that shoots in all direction. Miya got hit and she lost her s†éálth.

"There you are!" the demon exclaimed. He raises his arms towards Miya as if he's to hug the archer. Behind Miya, the trees falls down in a straight line. Three seconds later, two scythes appears, rushing to the demon.

Swiftly, Miya slides the lever on her arms. On her left wrist, a bow unfolds and spreads wide open. The scythes hit and get stuck on both ends. The scythes, trying to reach the demon, drags Miya's bow. Her boots gets burrowed but she keeps her stand. Then a voice echoed in Miya's earpiece. "Charge complete!"

Miya quickly grab the energy cell, which been charging, to activate. Her bow glowed and held the scythes down. And to a drone, she releases the remaining moon magic power to hide the surviving elves. After that, she vanishes in thin air.

As per Captain Chrono's direction, Miya stole the scythe of the fire demon, destined to burn the tree of life.

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!