What's new

Help Debian Testing/Unstable | Should I use it on a real device?

morbChest

Honorary Poster
Solutions
Reaction

Debian Testing/Unstable | Should I use it on a real device?​

Started using Debian Testing for a few months ago, packages are up to date, easy to use, and stable enough for advanced users who want the latest software. Now I'm switching to Debian Unstable on my Chromebook (Crostini/CrosVM) for basic use, while on the mobile device I'm using Termux with Debian Unstable chroot for downloading bittorrent files, transfer local files with FTP/Web server, openssh, etc,.

Here i'm currently running at:
1670292484932.png

On a ChromeOS running Crostini (Linux Development Environment)

Screenshot_20221206-094052~01.png

Using Termux app (GitHub) with prooot-distro on the minimal shell cmd.

The next kong gagawin, should I replace ChromeOS with Debian Testing? Should I use it?
We have a way after flashing custom firmware at You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. so it is guaranteed to make it work then I can choose when to install.
At pagkatapos, should I upgrade to Unstable branch?

Let me know at the comment section.

Attachments

Maganda yan ts for contribution sa linux. Pero expect nalang na may apps na biglang di gagana, mga glitches here and there, and some bugs. With that, expect rin na mas updated features ng OS mo compared sa iba.

For me, stay ka na sa testing if personal and less focus ka sa stability. Wag na sa sa unstable. Good luck ts!

Maganda yan ts for contribution sa linux. Pero expect nalang na may apps na biglang di gagana, mga glitches here and there, and some bugs.
Yeah, It is what exactly did habang in-uupdate ko ng mga packages , so I just go to the package tracker para malaman ko yung mga bagong version, pati piuparts para safe siya, tas update ko na.
stay ka na sa testing if personal and less focus ka sa stability. Wag na sa sa unstable.
Maybe you're right, para safe siya sa simula pero maghihintay nalang yung security ρá†ch for a few days before migrating to testing, so wala na ako problema don. At saka salamat sa advice.

Yeah, It is what exactly did habang in-uupdate ko ng mga packages , so I just go to the package tracker para malaman ko yung mga bagong version, pati piuparts para safe siya, tas update ko na.

Maybe you're right, para safe siya sa simula pero maghihintay nalang yung security ρá†ch for a few days before migrating to testing, so wala na ako problema don. At saka salamat sa advice.
Welcome ts!

living on the bleeding edge, unless you know how to compile your own stuff from source code and know the quirks of compiling stuff which may need some sort of adjustment depending on the exact hardware architecture your running.

in short kung ayaw mo ng sakit ng ulo, just go with the LTS version. Wag maging feeling beta tester kung hindi mo kaya ayusin yung issue when it pops up.