What's new

Poems Dear Phoebe

Mariyah Takeuchi

Eternal Poster
Solutions
Reaction
Dear Phoebe:

Do you still remember the time we were exchanging turns in listening to our favorite vaporwave vinyl records? We used to talk a lot about different kinds of music. We cherish every moment, and so I do the same for you. We love to enter the state of being inside the artist's mind, but little do you know, I tried once to imagine you, thinking about the same way of how I'm thinking about you.

I always introduce you to signal wave, virtual utopia, future funk, and synth wave. I make sure of myself that you'll surely like it, but it turned out to be not the way you see me as your favorite playlist.

So this time, you introduce me to this genre called "City Pop", and the song that you told me to listen to was entitled "Plastic Love". At first, I think to myself, if there were some shades or plot in this music. I didn't know the meaning of the song because it was Japanese, but I'm starting to like it, and I want to listen to it all the time, hoping that there was an answer for all the questions that I have made of why I still keep on falling for you, every time I listen to the words you utter.

Maybe it would sound strange for you to hear what I'm trying to tell you. The melody of the song that you're trying to introduce to me gives me some funky disco vibes, but at the same time, I can feel the authenticity of melancholia in the lyrics and the voice of the singer. Like she was trying to convince herself that after all, love is all just a game and there is nothing that needs to be taken seriously, especially if the person that you loved is a game-changer.

"I know that's plastic love."
"Dance to the plastic beat."

— Salvador
Photo | "Plastic Love" Mariya Takeuchi
(c) Allan Levenson
(c) Cyrado on reddit

Attachments