What's new

Daily Reflections on Divine Mercy: Reflection 7: Instituting the Solemnity of Divine Mercy

jdoomtwenty14

Eternal Poster
Established
Reaction
The Diary of Saint Faustina calls us to a new form of devotion in various ways. The second way is through the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday. Jesus told Saint Faustina that He desired an annual solemn Feast of Mercy. This Solemnity of Divine Mercy was established as a universal celebration on the Eighth day of the Octave of Easter. On that day the floodgates of Mercy are opened and many souls are made holy. Plan on making this solemn feast a day of great celebration this coming year.

Begin, today, looking forward to this culminating Feast of Mercy! Reflect upon the fact that the mere institution of such a solemn feast is a powerful sign of the desire in the Heart of God to pour down His Mercy upon us.

Lord, may I always honor and celebrate the wonderful Feast of Mercy. May my heart, and the hearts of all Your faithful children, be open to all that You wish to bestow upon us through this feast. Jesus, I trust in You.