What's new

Tutorial D2K-FT10 OTA Upgrade Blocking Without Superadmin (UPDATE: Permanent blocking with root)

[Hidden content]
Opo tama yun mga sinabi ninyo. Yun file ay dynamically created, kaya everytime may magbago sa connection ni modem, ma overwrite yan. Ang pinakamahusay mo gawin, kung nais mo po may mapag aralan, ay alamin kung paano gumamit ng dns over https, dns over tls, or dnscrypt.

Hindi ko na sinubukan pa baguhin ang DNS sa unit dahil sa working in tandem yun dalawa, modem and router. Gumagamit nalang ako ng secure DNS gamit ang isa sa mga nabanggit ko. Para sa mga Android at iOS you can download the 1.1.1.1 app from CloudFlare for an implementation of the secure DNS. Secure DNS enhances your privacy to prevent snooping, among other benefits, by encrypting the plain DNS queries that we are so used to do whenever we make changes to the DNS servers in our devices. UDP, sometimes TCP too, port 53 is plain, unencrypted DNS.

Last edited:
Opo tama yun mga sinabi ninyo. Yun file ay dynamically created, kaya everytime may magbago sa connection ni modem, ma overwrite yan. Ang pinakamahusay mo gawin, kung nais mo po may mapag aralan, ay alamin kung paano gumamit ng dns over https, dns over tls, or dnscrypt.

Hindi ko na sinubukan pa baguhin ang DNS sa unit dahil sa working in tandem yun dalawa, modem and router. Gumagamit nalang ako ng secure DNS gamit ang isa sa mga nabanggit ko. Para sa mga Android at iOS you can download the 1.1.1.1 app from CloudFlare for an implementation of the secure DNS. Secure DNS enhances your privacy to prevent snooping, among other benefits, by encrypting the plain DNS queries that we are so used to do whenever we make changes to the DNS servers in our devices. UDP, sometimes TCP too, port 53 is plain, unencrypted DNS.
Thank you sir

may way na ba for permanent editing ng values for nvram?
Once you nvram commit, then it is permanent, it is saved to the system, hindi naman nawawala after restart diba. Factory reset is another action that changes nvram vars and commits them to the system as well. Your previously saved values are overwritten when you factory reset. So don't reset when you don't need to. And even if you did, then just redo all values and commit them to make permanent again.

Matagal na ako hindi nag factory reset since 2973, then upgraded to 2993, 3002, 3021, and now 3032. And for every upgrade, retained yun mga nvram values na commit ko, some values that is. I didn't need to factory reset kaya ganun. Pero yun nga lang pag napindot yun reset button nang mahigit 10sec, mag factory reset nga yan, sinasadya man o hindi. 😅

Last edited:
Once you nvram commit, then it is permanent, it is saved to the system, hindi naman nawawala after restart diba. Factory reset is another action that changes nvram vars and commits them to the system as well. Your previously saved values are overwritten when you factory reset. So don't reset when you don't need to. And even if you did, then just redo all values and commit them to make permanent again.

Matagal na ako hindi nag factory reset since 2973, then upgraded to 2993, 3002, 3021, and now 3032. And for every upgrade, retained yun mga nvram values na commit ko, some values that is. I didn't need to factory reset kaya ganun. Pero yun nga lang pag napindot yun reset button nang mahigit 10sec, mag factory reset nga yan, sinasadya man o hindi. 😅
Sir tanong ko lang. Sa lahat ng version sir na nasubukan mo. Anu pinaka stable? Ung complete parin like with band? Thanks.

Sir tanong ko lang. Sa lahat ng version sir na nasubukan mo. Anu pinaka stable? Ung complete parin like with band? Thanks.
If by stable you mean the modem part doesn't disconnect then reconnect, then all of them are unfortunately affected. This happens frequently when doing speedtest.net measurements, but sometimes the modem just crashes on its own. This has been observed on both wireless and wired connections. The router part I see no problem.

If you still want all the good stuff that works as publicly released then stick with 2973. Because as you go up in the version list there will be changes and deletions in the system, but band/cell locking remain, at least for now even in 3032.

Last edited:
If by stable you mean the modem part doesn't disconnect then reconnect, then all of them are unfortunately affected. This happens frequently when doing speedtest.net measurements, but sometimes the modem just crashes on its own. This has been observed on both wireless and wired connections. The router part I see no problem.

If you still want all the good stuff that works as publicly released then stick with 2973. Because as you go up in the version list there will be changes and deletions in the system, but band/cell locking remain, at least for now even in 3032.
thank you sa info sir

If you still want all the good stuff that works as publicly released then stick with 2973. Because as you go up in the version list there will be changes and deletions in the system, but band/cell locking remain, at

Thanks for the info sir...

i know but just to be sure. may probability kasi na mapindot yung reset sa system settings since magkalapit lang sa reboot although not that frequent mangyari. just a "maybe" and sa safety countermeasure lang sana

# for i in _server _username _password
> do nvram_set 0 upgrade_ftp$i local
# nvram commit 0
[NV] CMN NV Write block NV [0](36) : 0x20000 - (29:NVIM_I_CMN_KZNV_CFG, 0x6, 158 10)
nvram commit success

oks na ba yan lods?
salamat

Last edited:
Nasa resolv.conf yung dns ng D2k. Kahit palitan mo jan, hindi yan gagana. The only way na mapalitan yung dns ng d2k is eh edit niyo yung sa loob ng resolve.conf or baka di rin eto gagana dahil mahirap

via SSH or Telnet

echo "search local" > /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 8.8.4.4" >> /etc/resolv.conf

* Note: This will revert to default "nameserver 10.86.75.171" whenever the modem/router restarts. Atleast you can change it for a while

via SSH or Telnet

echo "search local" > /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 8.8.4.4" >> /etc/resolv.conf

* Note: This will revert to default "nameserver 10.86.75.171" whenever the modem/router restarts. Atleast you can change it for a while
paano yan lods? pag katapos mag login sa telnet at pass i paste lang yan? walang nv commit?

Wala na commit. Direkta na siya ma-update.

Para ma-check mo content ng file

#cat /etc/resolv.conf
paps sana magawan mo din yung change imei,may naita asi ao change imei kasu pag na palitan o ng imei nawawala ang signal...

Wala na commit. Direkta na siya ma-update.

Para ma-check mo content ng file

#cat /etc/resolv.conf
1637975444538.png

wala ako makitang ibang info?

Attachments

o
Meron ako nakita dito .. Kaso sa at commands yun.

di na included ung # .. sa "cat /etc/resolv.conf"

sorry sa confusion
o sir at command asu nag pagnapalitaan ng imei dina nakaka search ng signal,paraang ng eeror