What's new

Tutorial Customized Photoshop Splash Screen Tool

Aleatrix

Forum Expert
Solutions
Reaction
full

Are you getting fed up and tired of your photoshop splash screen?
Wanna get that "New" feeling when opening your photoshop again?
Then i got the tool for you lads.

Just wanna share a little bit of tool to let you customize your photoshop splash screen.

1. Download first the tool "You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.". Just extract it anywhere you want, or you could just extract it to your desktop for an easier location.

2. Go to your photoshop folder and locate the "Resources" folder (See image below)
(version number may vary depending on what version you are using)
step 2.jpg

3. Copy that "Resources" folder then paste it in the tool's folder (the one in the download link in the first step) (make sure to make a backup of the original resource folder if you want to revert back to the original splash screen)
step 3.jpg

4. Run "Extract.cmd" and the tool will automatically extract the files inside the Resources folder. After that, a new folder will appear named as "Work"
step 4.jpg

5. Inside the "Work" folder are 2 other folders named as "High" and "Low". Locate the image in the "High" folder named as "Splash1080Background_s0.png" and inside the "Low" folder the same image which is named as "Splash720Background_s0.png" you can now edit those 2 images in your photoshop and change its looks.

6.Once you're done editing and overwriting your new splash screen images in the "High" and "Low" folder. Close your photoshop then go back to the tool folder and run the "Pack.cmd" file so the tool will repack it again into the "Resources" folder.

7.Once the tool is done repacking, Copy the "Resources" folder in the tool folder then paste and overwrite it to your existing "Resources" folder in your photoshop directory.

Do share also your splash screen in the comments if possible. 😄

-------------------------
Here's my own splash screen as sample.
Dropmb Link: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Splash1.png

Attachments

Last edited:
No other splash screen is provided besides mine since more on working on your own splash screen and thread na ito.
Not sure din if working sa CS6 since i have only tested this on PS CC2018, Sorry. :(
Wala din feedback yung ibang nag kaya mahirap malaman kung nag work sa photoshop nila or not.

[XX='Aleatrix, c: 196708, m: 572515'][/XX] seems like pede din palitan splash screen kahit cs6 i saw some splash screens in Deviantart but kakaunti lang

[XX='Palmeras, c: 197330, m: 749074'][/XX]
Sorry, didnt know you replied.
Not really sure kung yung doon sa cs6 splashcreen na ginamit nilang tools is the same tool i use or a different one. Di ko rin ma test since CC ang naka install sakin.