What's new

Trivia [Counterfeit Christianity] "Iglesia Ni Cristo" Part 1

GildartsTale

Eternal Poster
Established
Reaction
The "Iglesia Ni Cristo" claims that God addresses Felix Y Manalo in Isaiah 41:9-10, and that this passage concerns God selecting him and upholding him. Is this the correct understanding of this passage?

▶️Isaiah 41:9-10 you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, "You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off"; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
When we examine the passage, we see it does not speak of Felix Y Manalo at all.

- NO MESSENGER IS MENTIONED IN THIS PASSAGE
Noticeably absent in this passage is any mention of a messenger or anything that would link this passage to Felix Y Manalo as opposed to anyone else. In a moment, we will see who this passage is actually addressing, but the point is that the INC makes no substantive positive case for this passage referring to Felix Y Manalo.

- THE PHRASE “ENDS OF THE EARTH” DOES NOT REFER TO THE LAST DAYS
The INC claims that the phrase "ends of the earth" in verse 9 refers to the last days. Specifically, they claim that God selected Felix Y Manalo as his messengering the last days. First, it does not say selected, but took. If he was taken from the last days, he must be placed somewhere else, however he remained in the last days. Furthermore, the phrase "ends of the earth" does not refer to time as we have documented elsewhere.

- THE CONTEXT REFERS TO ISRAEL
All we have to do is look one verse back to see whom God is actually addressing:
▶️Isaiah 41:8-10 But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen,
the offspring of Abraham, my friend;
God is addressing Israel, the people of God! He is addressing Jacob (another name for the nation of Israel since Jacob was the man by which the nation of Israel came). He is addressing the offspring of Abraham, God's people.
God is not talking about strengthening a single individual. He is talking about strengthening all of his people.

CONCLUSION
The INC has no legitimate reason to believe that God addressed Felix Y Manalo in Isaiah 41:9-10. The passage clearly speaks of and to Israel, God's chosen people and not of a single individual.

Marami diyan dinadagdagan nila, Hindi lang INC para sa sariling interes 🤣

Btw di ako inc Haha

Isa ako sa mga nakiki simpatiya sa mga exINC ang dami na nila hinahing patungkol sa pamamalagad ng kanilang simbahan bukod pa dyan na ang iilan sa kanilang tinuturo ay kapuna-puna rin. Sa isang forum site dami nagshe-share ng kanilang mga hinanahing. Nalulungkot ako pag binabasa ko mga naging karanasan nila. Hindi nako magtataka kung walang INC na tutugon sa thread na ito dahil binawalan na sila makisangkot sa mga ganitong forum sites. Sa mga INC na palihim na kasali sa mga forum sites kung bibigyan nyo rin ng pansin ang naging karanasan ng inyong mga tinatawag ninyong kapatid tiyak na maliliwanagan kayo kung paano pamamalakad ng inyong simbahan.

The very problem with modern so called christianity is their ideology focus only on one group or leader. Ignorance of the scripture will always leads to easy believism. Personal study of the scriptures now a days is a must.

Mateo 10:22​

At kayo'y kapopootan ng lahat ng mga tao dahil sa aking pangalan: datapuwa't ang magtitiis hanggang sa wakas, ay siyang maliligtas.

Back