What's new

Stories Corazon Went to Necrokeep

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Corazon Went to Necrokeep
MGL Emvie

Corazon Bakonawa had a luck that taste bitter, her thoughts bitter, and her face bitter. Not because of her looks that she felt discontented, but because of the name Corazon was popularized as someone who fly at night bearing the bloody fangs of a bat-like demonic creature. Of course, Corazon never flew during the night and her body never split into two. But because in popular fiction, the name Corazon was plastered with such horrid creatures, she was assumed as one of those creatures in the tales of horrors. Again, not because of that face that looked like it had been skewered by steelbars, nor that hair that seemed like it was crumpled barbwire, but because Corazon lived alone in her small nippa house, where it stood a great distance from the nearest village.

"Corazon will eat you if you stray in the woods!" the villagers would say to their children.

However, Corazon is a kind lady. She was generous. And everyday, she tilled the soil to grow her own food as it seemed that she didn't had children to support her. But every Sunday, Corazon would go to church except on those days when her knees would hurt.

One day, as the skies grow dark, Corazon was in the middle of the road. She was going to church when the breeze that signals the rain hit her. She immediately rush to take cover but with that knee, only a miracle could let her reach a roof before the rain could drench her. But as the raindrops echoes from the east, the first thunderstrike blinded Corazon for a split second.

When Corazon opened her eyes, the black walls of Necrokeep covered all her sight.

"Is this a cathedral?" she asked to herself while trying to comfort her aching back.

"No. This is the Necrokeep!" a voice answered from behind.

When Corazon looked back at the source of the voice, a stream of energy jolted in her *****ing legs. She walked four step away with a speed that his legs wasn't accustomed to.

There was a ghoul feasting on a human arm.

"I-is that human arm?"

"Oooh yes! Want some?"

Corazon seemed to broke her lungs when she trapped her breath in her lips while she swayed her arms to decline.

This is the Necrokeep, the fortress that became home of the undead. It was the darkest realm in the Land of Dawn that even fire cannot survive as the shadows in it consumed all that flickers light. Only the moon's blessings could penetrate this forsaken land, but the moonlight ρáíd blood, as it's shine covered the Barren Lands with a light so red, that the Abyss considered it a nightmare.

The undead in the Necrokeep brought pain and suffering, terrorizing the human realms and the elven woods. They were a force that would made the bravest heart tremble. And even the mightiest Imperial Army from the Moniyan Empire failed to contain this threat.

The undead would never be friendly to the living creatures other than their own kind. However, Corazon was in that very place. She was of human flesh, blood, and bone. Yet, the undead had never harmed her, nor they looked at her as a food. There were news before that the undead would attack travellers and peaceful human villages, yet Corazon was ignored in the very heart of the undead territory.

A crowd of ghouls and skeleton warriors rushed towards the entrance of the Necrokeep. Apparently, Vexanna, the Necromancer who held the highest power in Necrokeep, called for an announcement. Corazon was sandwiched on that crowd and she was pushed towards the halls of Necrokeep like a leaf that was carried by a rushing flood.

Vexanna appeared on the upper stage in the halls of Necrokeep. She was the Queen making a speech from a high ground.

"Dear citizens of Necrokeep! With the combined powers of our forces and the mightiest knight of mine, Leomord, we have secured victory in the war against the humans--"

When Vexanna cast a magic spell to improve the bind of summoning magic of her undead minions, she noticed the strange aura in the crowd. Vexanna searched, and gazed at Corazon.

Vexanna the feared Necromancer and Corazon the feared-- just feared, met.

"What spell do you use to unbind this summoning arts?" Vexanna asked.

Corazon heard about it in the noisy kids in the church about people being summoned into another world. She thought it was just kid's fantasy.

"Are you the one who summoned me?"

Vexanna pinched Corazon's face and skin, and then she scratched Corazon's hair.

"You don't look like an elf, you don't look like a human, at least now."

"What do you mean 'now'?

Vexanna bring forth a mirror to show Corazon's face. But when Corazon looked at herself... "Looked normal to me." she said.

"Were you a witch?"

"Sometimes I was called like that."

"A witch!" Vexanna flared, and conjured a death magic in her palms, "We don't need a witch in my kingdom!"

When the death magic hit Corazon's face, the greatest insult in her life ended. She awakened in the jeep as the kind boy tried to help her leave.

"We're in the church Lola Corazon."

When Corazon realized it was all a dream, mixed feelings of relief and disappointment filled her mind. She thought if she truly looked similar to the creatures in those horrifying place. Although, she was glad that she awakened in that nightmare, yet she was wondering, "What could that lady have with witches."

As the jeep leaves, a familiar female voice whispered, "Witches poisoned the minds of men!"

When Corazon looked back, no one was there, yet the voice continued, "Right, you're not one with the undead. You are a human with a different aura. A calm and warm white soul."

The voice were fading away.

"I think, I am dreaming again." Corazon said to herself before she walked to the church's doorstep.

---------------------------------

Note: Beauty do not define the quality of heart.
Trivia: Alice is the cause of the fall of Vexanna's Kingdom when she seduced the King of that Kingdom.

Author's Note: "Thank you for reading this short story. I am trying to be a man of literature but I am not professional. I wish to provide stories more beautiful and more entertaining. So please, I need your help. Comment your constructive criticisms, thoughts, and opinions about this story. Finally, thank you and have a wonderful day!"

Hello? Do you like the story? I'm am trying to train the arts of storytelling where the readers could understand the paragraphs. Is it easy to understand and is the paragraphs have coherence?

salamat ml guru
Thank you for reading!
Do you like the story? I'm am trying to train the arts of storytelling where the readers could understand the paragraphs. Is it easy to understand and is the paragraphs have coherence?

Hello? Do you like the story? I'm am trying to train the arts of storytelling where the readers could understand the paragraphs. Is it easy to understand and is the paragraphs have coherence?

Thank you for reading!
Do you like the story? I'm am trying to train the arts of storytelling where the readers could understand the paragraphs. Is it easy to understand and is the paragraphs have coherence?
it is very good 😅 i want to exercise this is simple 😅 thank u