What's new

Help Closed Loop LED Christmas Lantern with Music

Aviatrix

Eternal Poster
Established
Reaction
Hi! Baka po meron dito may alam paano namin maeexecute yung project na binigay samin. Puro lang kasi kami online simulation ng mga lab exercises. Wala pa kaming hands-on experience kaya clueless kami ano po gagawin dito huhu.

Project: Closed Loop LED Christmas Lantern with Music

Specs:
  • activated by motion and sound sensors
  • when the device is on, the music keeps playing for 2 hours straight unless stopped immediately (by clapping twice)
  • when the device is on, the led lights are off during day time and on during night time. Dancing/blinking lights following the beat.

This is much, much bigger than what we know at this moment. I would really appreciate any form of help. List of materials, link to a site na may circuit design, any po huhu pleaseee 🥺

This is much, much bigger than what we know at this moment

If this is your Final Project, this project do really make a lot of sense dahil ang daming electronic components na bawat isa eh dapat naituro independently. Pero kung hindi, I guess may mga topics pa kayong di napagdadaanan and unfortunately, dagdag sakit sa ulo at pasakit lang tong project na to sa inyo unless tyatyagain mong mag self-study.

Eto young key points na sa palagay ko ay makakatulong sa bawat bahagi ng project nyo.
  • For motion activation, you either need a literal motion sensor or make your own circuit via either IR resistor or laser + photoresistor combination.
  • For the sound activation, you need a transistor triggered by a condenser
    • for clapping exactly twice, you need counter IC and relay for this.
  • For the music part, the best way to do it is to code it via Arduino. You can also do this by purchasing an IC that records sound/music (nakita ko lang tong IC na to sa YT di ko alam kung may nabibili dito satin) but you will need an external circuit for this to play in a loop.
  • For daytime and nighttime automation, the trick is to use a photoresistor in conjunction with a potentiometer to adjust for sensitivity.
  • For the blinking lights, cascaded 555 timers in astable operation is the key.
Kung ikaw ay Engineering student, I challenge you to compute the values ng mga data ng mga components na bibilhin nyo. From resistors to capacitors to transistors up to making your own code if you will use Arduino. Sobrang dami mong matututunan I promise.

Tip: You can search for the exact circuit of this project marami naman sa online. I-tweak mo lang yun base sa advice ko above and by trial-and-error, for sure mapapagana nyo yun.

Disclaimer: This is purely based on what I know as an electronic enthusiast and sa mga konting napag aralan ko nung nag aaral pa ako. Your responsibility is to verify these advice by asking other professionals or pwede ring by trial-and-error. Supporting information can be found in the internet.

Last edited:
If this is your Final Project, this project do really make a lot of sense dahil ang daming electronic components na bawat isa dapat naituro independently. Pero kung hindi, I guess may mga topics pa kayong di napagdadaanan and unfortunately, pasakit lang sainyo tong project na to unless tyatyagain mong mag self-study.

Eto young key points na sa palagay ko ay makakatulong sa bawat bahagi ng project nyo.
  • For motion activation, you either need a literal motion sensor or make your own circuit via either IR resistor or laser + photoresistor combination.
  • For the sound activation, you need a transistor triggered by a condenser
    • for clapping exactly twice, you need counter IC and relay for this.
  • For the music part, the best way to do it is to code it via Arduino. You can also do this by purchasing an IC that records music but you will need an external circuit for this to play in loop.
  • For daytime and night time automation, the trick is to use a photoresistor in conjunction with a potentiometer.
  • For the blinking lights, 555 timer stable operation is the key.
Kung ikaw ay Engineering student, I challenge you to compute the values of data you need to purchase a certain component. From resistors to capacitors to transistors up to making your own code if you will use Arduino. Sobrang dami mong matututunan I promise.

Tip: You can search for the exact circuit of this project marami sa online. I-tweak mo lang yun base sa advice ko above and by trial-and-error, for sure mapapagana nyo yun.

Disclaimer: This is purely based on what I know as an electronic enthusiast and sa mga konting napag aralan ko nung nag aaral pa ako. Your responsibility is to verify these advice by asking other professionals or pwede ring by trial-and-error. Supporting information can be found in the internet.
Hi! Yes it is a final project po, but we haven't reached the lessons for sensors and arduino yet. It is also my first time encountering photoresistors and timer stable operation ☹️

So, thank you so much po for your reply. At least I have an idea na po where to start and work from there ☺️

Back