What's new

Closed Climate Change- what can we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mga ka phc, eto po yung letter na ine-email ko sa mga govt offices, eto yung una kong email, sa barangay namin. Di po ako miyembro ng anong organisasyon, kusang loob ko lng tong ginagawa.

Attention:: Emergency

Brgy. Chairman and Subordinates:

I am a concerned citizen in this barangay. This is generally addressed to all humans in this planet-earth. The intent of this letter is to alarm you with the global crisis we are now currently experiencing, to take actions the very soonest possible if not immediately because we almost ran out of time.

We may not feel and sense the presence of this crisis, but its clear that we have witnessed the impact of "climate change" in the past few years.

What can we do?
1. plant trees
2. eat less meat especially beef
3. strictly prohibit burning of any garbage
4. encourage your constituents to reduce travels by cars planes ships etc.
5. promote healthy habits like walking and travel using bicycles
6. conduct awareness programs to all residents on what is "discipline" when it comes to waste disposal procedures
7. promote renewable energy(solar wind etc)
8. discourage residents in using single-use plastics if possible as a sign of boycot to companies concerned
9. think of any measures that could at least spread awareness to this critical situation all throughout the city the province the country and the whole world
10. implement the rules with sincerity and dedication for the future of our generation
P.S. conserve water & electricity

For further clarification, this is not a demand nor a request, rather a challenge on how we care for the future and at the same time a call on your competence as our leaders in the community. Thank you.

Very respectfully yours,

Anonymous Environment

Last edited:
We can't tell yet whether we caused this climate change (cc) or it's inevitable based on the history of the Earth. CO2 (human) emission was one of the hypotheses but it is weakening its stand as the major contributor of global warming because no clear evidence yet to show CO2 is the major cause of it. IPCC, which is the intern'l org for cc, is losing credibility because of data manipulation issues to further the narrative of CO2 emissions as the driving force of cc, hence, skepticism arises to this hypothesis. That's why they are looking for other angles and scientists in different fields are collecting data to find out more. Venus is the actual planet with global warming and theories are formulated how Venus ended up like that. By those theories alone, with an actual manifestation of the problem, it makes more sense to check those for considerations.

So the best approach, imo, is to wait what the expert in the fields will find out about climate change first before we formulate policies. Policies based on compassion alone won't work and sometimes ended up more disastrous. That's what history is always trying to teach us.

PS: Universe, or our own galaxy per se, is almost no known life existence, yet it's very chaotic that the possibility of the Earth to get destroyed via external force is higher.
Seems definitely you are redirecting your answer to the theories you relied on. I wonder how a person with excellent writing skills, persuasive conversation strategies
and creative paragraph construction is NOT capable in reacting accordingly, to the simplest form.

I have to apologize but I must tell you that how come you cannot analyze things on your own. You always rely on your references/sources. If I am your professor, I will tender resignation effective immediately. You are defeating the purpose of education.

Knowing this as
maybe, an off-topic, I just hope for your consideration, again, No offense.

Seems definitely you are redirecting your answer to the theories you relied on. I wonder how a person with excellent writing skills, persuasive conversation strategies
and creative paragraph construction is NOT capable in reacting accordingly, to the simplest form.

I have to apologize but I must tell you that how come you cannot analyze things on your own. You always rely on your references/sources. If I am your professor, I will tender resignation effective immediately. You are defeating the purpose of education.

Knowing this as
maybe, an off-topic, I just hope for your consideration, again, No offense.

Because I am redirecting you to your idea that CO2 emission as the major driving force of cc based on the policies you suggested. I am not closing doors to the CO2 issue because it is a health hazard in my observation (like in Mongolia and China with air pollution crisis). Just don't make policies without proper grounds and study. That's my only concern. Are we already clear on that? I shared my idea because there are some things to consider with rational alternatives to this issue rather than rely to the ideology that these env'tal activists are trying to stick in everyone's mind.

Pardon me if I may sound impolite, but thankfully, you're not my professor who, I think, is ideologically possessed and succumb to the idea without even checking the other side of story. I am not saying I am not bias because I am, but to dispense my idea is what close-minded people will do and intellectually lazy.

I think I shared enough of my povs and I rest my case here to avoid circular arguments. But if you have new ideas to share, feel free to do so. I feel like we need this kind of discussion for awareness and to avoid the pathology of ideological possession. Thank you. :)

@dummy01

"Just don't make policies without proper grounds and study. That's my only concern. Are we already clear on that? "

There are thousands of studies made by reputable scientists showing that C02 is the main culprit ...

Even big oil firms acknowledge the problem of gas emission like:

Shell
“We agree that action is needed now on climate change, so we fully support the Paris agreement and the need for society to transition to a lower-carbon future. We have already invested billions of dollars in a range of low-carbon technologies

ExxonMobil
We believe climate change is a serious issue and it’s going to take efforts by business, governments and consumers to make meaningful action. Reducing greenhouse gas emissions is a global issue and requires global participation and actions.

Chevron
“Chevron is taking action to address climate change by investing in technology and low-carbon business opportunities that could reduce greenhouse gas emissions

PetroChina
“We implement the low-carbon development strategy proposed by the Chinese government, and we strive to be the supplier of clean energy and the promoter of low-carbon transition of the society, and share the practices of greenhouse gas control with industry peers and all segments of society.

Total
“Total is fully aware of the challenges represented by climate change, has acknowledged the link between greenhouse gases and climate change publicly for several decades

ConocoPhillips
“As we work to safely find and deliver energy to the world, addressing climate-related issues is a high priority. We recognise that human activity, including the burning of fossil fuels, is contributing to increased concentrations of greenhouse gases (GHGs) in the atmosphere that can lead to adverse changes in global climate.

Petrobras
In its operations, Petrobras seeks to apply technologies which have as a direct consequence the reduction of carbon intensity, with significant results already achieved

Climate emergency: what the oil, coal and gas giants say
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Because I am redirecting you to your idea that CO2 emission as the major driving force of cc based on the policies you suggested. I am not closing doors to the CO2 issue because it is a health hazard in my observation (like in Mongolia and China with air pollution crisis). Just don't make policies without proper grounds and study. That's my only concern. Are we already clear on that? I shared my idea because there are some things to consider with rational alternatives to this issue rather than rely to the ideology that these env'tal activists are trying to stick in everyone's mind.

Pardon me if I may sound impolite, but thankfully, you're not my professor who, I think, is ideologically possessed and succumb to the idea without even checking the other side of story. I am not saying I am not bias because I am, but to dispense my idea is what close-minded people will do and intellectually lazy.

I think I shared enough of my povs and I rest my case here to avoid circular arguments. But if you have new ideas to share, feel free to do so. I feel like we need this kind of discussion for awareness and to avoid the pathology of ideological possession. Thank you. :)
WOW! Is'nt it you redirected to hide the fact that we humans are big factor of climate emergency and that you just can't accept it because you are highly dependent on studies of scientists where in basically anyone doesnt have to be a scientist to determine and conclude the cause, its just simply common sense, a basic ideology.

You should thank your professor then. for the headache and lot of sacrifice hoping that before the semester ends, he may be able to motivate your paranormal intellect or else he will be forced to endorse you to a school for autism.

I apologize again for the silly words, I find you so amazing. Until then bro, good luck and thank you!

There are thousands of studies made by reputable scientists showing that C02 is the main culprit ...

Even big oil firms acknowledge the problem of gas emission like:

And there are reputable scientists showing CO2 is not the main culprit, thus it's still debatable. You know, I will not argue with you or anyone if this is a scientific fact already. Yes, there are studies, but the debate is still on going. So, can we wait until it became scientific fact? I could be wrong to where I stand, but for now, I'll stick to what I know is more reasonable.

As for big corporations, generally, they are under the bureaucracy of int'l org so it's not suprising they would acknowledge it. Otherwise, they would have problems dealing with the global market.

I don't want to repeat myself since all I read from you is how certain you are about the CO2 emissions as driving force of cc. I guess I'll just leave it to anyone who will read the thread to which side they think they are in the climate change issue.

basically anyone doesnt have to be a scientist to determine and conclude the cause, its just simply common sense, a basic ideology.

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all to read this from you. :)

And there are reputable scientists showing CO2 is not the main culprit, thus it's still debatable. You know, I will not argue with you or anyone if this is a scientific fact already. Yes, there are studies, but the debate is still on going. So, can we wait until it became scientific fact? I could be wrong to where I stand, but for now, I'll stick to what I know is more reasonable.

As for big corporations, generally, they are under the bureaucracy of int'l org so it's not suprising they would acknowledge it. Otherwise, they would have problems dealing with the global market.

I don't want to repeat myself since all I read from you is how certain you are about the CO2 emissions as driving force of cc. I guess I'll just leave it to anyone who will read the thread to which side they think they are in the climate change issue.

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all to read this from you. :)
Good for you✌🏿️Anyways, I look forward for your passion to any further discussions. Your participation on issues in relation to this CC is highly recognized, considering that I somehow learned lots from you even though misunderstandings came along the way. In fairness, your logic can be associated to a lawyer.

Walang magagawa yung mga climate scientist dahil nga maraming mga politicians and scientist ay nasa payroll nang mga oil companies.

Just imagine na kung walang gasolina magkakaroon tayo nang possible economic recession worst mag collapse ng global economy that would lead to civil unrest at syempre worried din yung mga elites sa kanilang profit.

funny-NSS-USA-President-Dutch-1.jpg

Attachments

Walang magagawa yung mga climate scientist dahil nga maraming mga politicians and scientist ay nasa payroll nang mga oil companies.

Just imagine na kung walang gasolina magkakaroon tayo nang possible economic recession worst mag collapse ng global economy that would lead to civil unrest at syempre worried din yung mga elites sa kanilang profit.

funny-NSS-USA-President-Dutch-1.jpg
Yun po sir, sad reality, corruption is always present. But still I am optimistic that someday hydrogen or kahit electric vehicles na lng will dominate kasi parang imposible mawawala ang langis.

Attachments

Even the USA the world 2nd largest contributor of greenhouse gases next to china wí†hdráw from the Paris Agreement.. because it will cost a lot of money if implemented.

Even the USA the world 2nd largest contributor of greenhouse gases next to china wí†hdráw from the Paris Agreement.. because it will cost a lot of money if implemented.
Well, Trump is not really a smart guy, is he? Going to be impeached soon and I think the next president will go back to the Paris Agreement. And china just think of colonizing the planet!
Regarding economics:
Shifting to renewable energies is proven to generate huge revenues, far more than the loss.
If nothing is done, the worldwide cost of the climate emergency will be many trillions of dollars and ruin the world economy (studies)

The most active signatories of Paris Agreement now is CHINA.. China is the largest greenhouse gas emitter followed by the USA. USA claimed that signing with that agreement will cost them a lot of money and possibly could harm the american jobs. But for CHINA this is an opportunity for their technology and businesses. The biggest manufacturer of renewable energy source devices or even machinery are based in china like Solar Panels.. China also has 38 nuclear power reactors in operation and 19 under construction eliminating the reliance of coal-fired power plant...

Last edited:
The most active signatories of Paris Agreement now is CHINA.. China is the largest greenhouse gas emitter followed by the USA. USA claimed that signing with that agreement will cost them a lot of money and possibly could harm the american jobs. But for CHINA this is an opportunity for their technology and businesses. The biggest manufacturer of renewable energy source devices or even machinery are based in china like Solar Panels.. China also has 38 nuclear power reactors in operation and 19 under construction eliminating the reliance of coal-fired power plant...
I totally agree about china green renewable energies. Sadly, while they develop these energies and phase out their own coal plants, they also send a lot of coal to other countries... playing on 2 boards at a time (anything to make money!)

Good news!
Renewable electricity overtakes fossil fuels in UK for first time
It is the first time that electricity from British windfarms, solar panels and renewable biomass plants has surpassed fossil fuels since the UK’s first power plant fired up in 1882.

The new milestone confirms predictions made by National Grid that 2019 will be the first year since the Industrial Revolution that zero-carbon electricity – renewables and nuclear – overtakes gas and coal-fired power.

British coal plants are shutting down ahead of a 2025 ban. By next spring just four coal plants will remain in the UK

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.