What's new

Tutorial Clever Answers to "Why Are You Single?"

Professora Akira

☯️ SôulNinetãiL☯️
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction

1. “I'm focusing on my career.”​

[You] will choose partnership when [you] find someone who values [you] and is willing to put in the same amount of work [you] are.

2.“I'm just not settling.”​

It calls for you to be more “selective” and not settle for anything less, but the result is well worth it.

3. Weddings are expensive, and I have expensive taste in vacations, clothes, and footwear.”​

I like my money right where I can see it — hanging in my closet.”

4.I don't need a partner to prove that I’m worth something.​

When you rely on your romantic relationship for your self-esteem, it drains it and sets it on a really unhealthy path.”

5.Why don't we talk about my job promotion instead?”​

it's important to take a deep breath and tell them about all the positive things you have made happen and that you're proud of.”

6.I'd rather have a significant income than a significant other.​

You can take care of yourself all by yourself, thank you very much.

7. I'm fabulous, and I haven't found anyone equally as fabulous, that's why.”​

You're really just telling it like it is. Again, you’re not in a rush to be in a relationship and life is far too short to settle for anything you’re not completely happy with.

8.I'm in a passionate love affair with myself.”​

If you’re being real and choosing not commit to anyone but yourself, that’s great,” he explains.

9.As Cher Horowitz says, “You see how picky I am about my shoes, and they only go on my feet.”​

You can always count on Cher Horowitz from Clueless to tell it like it is. You might be picky because you don’t want to be in a relationship simply for the sake of being in a relationship. It’s like finding the right pair of shoes: it may require a lot of searching, but once you do find them, you know it was worth the effort.

10.I'm not single. I'm married to food.”​

As Edwards says, "The question [someone asks about why you’re still single] is so ridiculous, an even more ridiculous answer is needed sometimes.”

11.I don't know. Why are you still married?”​

If they want to ask the hard questions, you go ahead and ask them right back

12.So far, every person I've met has been unimpressive.”​

This response is best delivered completely deadpan. If they’re not impressing you, why waste your time? You could be cuddling with your pup for a movie night instead

13.Well, it's likely because I haven't found the right person yet.”​

Life is too short and the people we surround ourselves with are really important to our quality of life. Staying selective and not settling should be a source of pride not shame.”

14.When I’m ready to be in a relationship, I have no doubt I will find my person.”​

This response suggested by Edwards is straight and to the point. “The main idea is to center your answer around why your life is great right now just the way it is and to not let anyone else’s pressure be your own,” he says.”

15.I still haven't met a person who is as good as prime rib tastes.”​

And prime rib is expensive, too.

16. Single is the new black.”​

I mean, you're just being trendy.

17.. “I can't commit to a dinner reservation, let alone another human being.”​

It's all about priorities. Obviously.

18.I’m enjoying this time in my life when I get to focus on myself and becoming whole as a person.”​

This is another awesome response suggested by Edwards. It’s all about self-love, people. Loving yourself before you welcome someone else into your world is key.

19.Why settle for one partner when I can date around?”​

At this point in your life, you may be swimming in the dating pool and having a great time doing it. You’re learning what’s really important to you, your likes, and your dislikes when it comes to a future partner.

20.I'm dating myself — why would I need a partner?”​

You are the best dinner date and Netflix and shopping companion, after all.

21. Want to ask my ex? I can give you their number.”​

The “why are you single?” question is rude and ridiculous, so your answer can be both of those things, too. If it makes them feel uncomfortable, then they’ll know how you feel. Sounds fair to me.

22.That’s a bold question.”​

There’s no rule saying that you have to answer their question. You can simply comment on their decision to ask it. Hopefully, they’ll learn from this and stay quiet next time they’re curious about someone’s single status.

23.I’d rather be picky now than unhappy later.”

When it comes to finding your person, it’s a good idea to take your time. And, TBH, it’s a much better option than rushing it and ending up with someone you are less compatible with.

excerpt from EliteDaily