TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
MAKES: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 serving equals 348 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 713 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until heated through. Stir in macaroni. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.