What's new

Capacitor as Battery

EriX-Zone

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
Meron na ba na ka gawa dito?
Mejo maaga pa yata ang technology na ito, pero ang benefits kasi nito safer sya , and fast charging.
If meron nakakaalam pa share naman ng knowledge nyo about this.
I dont rely much on YøùTùbé.

Mejo bulky kasi ang capacitor so, not applicable sa phones and the likes,
Sa mga vehicles most probably sya mag fit.

Gathering knowledge lang bka may nka try na.

A theoretical concept for a hybrid capacitor-battery device that could potentially be developed

One possible approach to creating a hybrid capacitor-battery device would be to use a supercapacitor as the energy storage component, combined with a specially designed electrolyte that allows for the storage of energy in a chemical form. This electrolyte would need to be carefully selected and designed to ensure that it can store energy in a stable form and that it is compatible with the supercapacitor.

The device would operate in two stages: a charging stage and a discharging stage. During the charging stage, electrical energy would be supplied to the device, causing the supercapacitor to charge up and the electrolyte to undergo a chemical reaction that stores energy in a chemical form. The charging process may need to be carefully controlled to prevent overcharging or damage to the device.

During the discharging stage, the supercapacitor would release its stored electrical energy, while the electrolyte would release its stored chemical energy, resulting in a higher energy density than a traditional supercapacitor. This stored energy could be used for a wide range of applications, such as powering electronic devices or electric vehicles.

Masyado malaki ang capacitor for most application, kung i-match ang capacity ng li-ion battery for the same purpose.

Pangalawa, masyado mataas ang self discharge rate. So hindi siya mag hold ng power na kasing stable ng battery.

Pero may mga application na bagay yan. So far ang naimpress ako na application is ung car jump starter.
Screenshot_20230412_160223_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Pwede mo i full charge ung capacitor in a matter of minutes (pwede ka kumuha ng charge sa same na battery na ijump mo), tapos discharge sya during starting, kung saan mas akma ang capacitor kesa battery dahil sa high discharge rate na kailangan dito. Bukod pa dun, hindi siya tumatanda na parang battery. Hindi ka mabibigla na nakalimutan mo pala i recharge bago bumyahe.

Attachments