What's new

Closed Building External SSD NVMe vs sata

Status
Not open for further replies.

ektarabel47

Enthusiast
I’m building an external ssd but I don’t know which drive to get- I can currently get the 860 EVO for $78 while I can get the Crucial P1 for $88. I’m mainly using it for gaming so the most important thing here would be loading and reduction in stuttering. The computer I’m building this for uses USB-C (3.1 Gen 2) or USB A (3.1 Gen 1). I’ll be buying the best enclosure to take advantage of the speed up to the throttling due to the USB.

If you're going to choose between NVME and SATA, then choose NVME. Why?

t0peGXs.png

Also, if you have a Thunderbolt Port, then use that instead of USB 3.1 Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Source👇
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/13/18518127/portable-ssd-external-thunderbolt-3-usb-c-samsung-x5-t5-specs-test-how-to

Attachments

I’m building an external ssd but I don’t know which drive to get- I can currently get the 860 EVO for $78 while I can get the Crucial P1 for $88. I’m mainly using it for gaming so the most important thing here would be loading and reduction in stuttering. The computer I’m building this for uses USB-C (3.1 Gen 2) or USB A (3.1 Gen 1). I’ll be buying the best enclosure to take advantage of the speed up to the throttling due to the USB.
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back