What's new

Stories Belerick's Gift

WhatMV

Forum Veteran
Reaction
Belerick's Gift

By MGL Emvie

The stars in that Christmas night shot beams at Aamon and Gusion's house. The two lived alone under the same roof, and it seemed two wish were about to be granted.

Knock! Knock!

Gusion slouched to the stairs, so Aamon rushed to pick the visitor. Suprised, he was! There was a treeman at their doorstep!

Like a stag with horns that branched out like roots, the treeman stood upright wearing green clothes and red cape. It extended its arm and introduced himself politely.
"Belerick, the North Pole guardian. By Santa's order, please accept this gift!"

"But none could live in the North Pole!"

"Magic. Santa and his elves could survive because I gave life to the grey wasteland."

Gusion hurried and called his brother. But he broke his momentum when he saw the treeman talk. Yet Belerick just handed him the gift, ignoring Gusion's shock.

"What's this?"

"A seed. Plant it in a safe place. It'll grow to something that your heart mostly desire. A precious material thing that will give meaning to your life. But just like life being a gift from God, this gift shall be returned in the ends of your days. Your desires will come true! Christmas is real but Santa won't be coming to town tonight."

The siblings nodded, and the treeman walked three steps away. A magic sleigh appeared in thin air to carry the treeman towards the cover of the moonlight.

Excitement filled Aamon's heart. He was idealistic, so he went to the baseball court to plant the seed. "A beautiful mountain or a field of flowers may appear." he said.

Nevertheless, Gusion planted his at their house's backyard.

Seven days later, the seed hadn't shown any signs. They thought they were scammed or probably they were just so drunk that Christmas eve. Until it happened in the tenth day when Gusion awakened in the morning, surprised to see a sportscar in their backyard.

Slim in blazing colors, fabulous and elegant, the sportscar shines like a crystal. Gusion planted the seed in the edge of the backyard so it uprooted the mango tree beside. The tree's huge body fell over the sportscar but when Gusion checked, the impact hadn't even left a dent or scratch.

"What! How about a knife?" he said.

But the car was unscratchable!

Aamoon hurried, "What about my seed!" he said.

But the ground on that field looked undisturbed. Someone might had found what grows in there but Aamon tried to dig the site. There he found a camera.

Aamon and Gusion were happy even though Aamon expect something different. But it was Gusion who has a smile that almost reach his ears.

"Camera? Is that fun to play with?"

Aamon replied a nod..

With his sportscar, Gusion rushed and drifted in the streets of Lightborn Capital. His name turned into gold when he joined the car racing industry. Known as quick and swift like the wind, none can catch Gusion's speed. His skills provide extraordinary performances that left the audience holding their breaths. A magnet to the ladies, and envy to all men. Gusion's presence and his name became spectacular especially when the police cars chased him. Popular as the mischievous racer of the capital, Gusion enjoyed stardom, living his life to fullest; thanks to the treeman's gift.

Nevertheless, if Gusion's day was filled with hype and fun, Aamon lived in peace and silence. With his camera, he took moments and freezes the time in Azrya Woodlands in his pictures. Gusion was like thunder and lightning, all has heard or seen him, but a select few knew Aamon. Living in isolation, Aamon spent his time capturing the beauty of nature. And he would even spend days camouflaged in the wild just to catch a perfect moment.

Gusion thought that Aamon lived in loneliness.

And so after many decades, the brothers became legends in their fields as the swiftest and famous and the capturer of beauty and history. However, their hairs had become white. And their trembling knees had brought them in Eruditio's Home for the Aged. Yes too old. Their youth and fun days had long gone.

Gusion gazed at his legendary sportscar, missing the wheel that became his partner for several decades. But just opening the sportscar's door requires great effort now. All he could do was gaze and remember the good old days. "You were unlucky to spend your life in loneliness and silence, bro."

But Aamon, with his trembling knees, came and handed dozens of pictures at Gusion.

"Another set of pictures again, bro?"

Six years. Aamon kept giving pictures to Gusion, telling stories of each images that he took during his younger days. He filled his face with smile, intoxicated in his stories and nostalgia even if his mind had became fragile.

Nevertheless, Gusion had forgotten most of his lifetime, remembering only the glories of each year and sometimes even failing to recall those good old days. Unlike Gusion, Aamon seemed to still live on those golden years.

Gusion started to realize that Aamon's gift were better. Everyday Aamon had dozens of pictures to show, and dozens of stories to tell. Aamon's life were forever printed on those pictures while Gusion's memories fell into oblivion.

As Gusion's eyes turned teary, Aamon passed him dozens more picture. He thought like, 'again?' but his lips shook. His face failing to hold his tears. These pictures were shots and records of Gusion's stardom.

"I'd been watching you, my little brother."

Awkward as it is to see old people becoming drammatic, Gusion still hugged his brother.

Several months later, in middle of a silent night, Belerick came back to take the seeds ; the sportscar and the camera.

"How about these pictures?" Gusion said.

"No. It's yours." Belerick replied before vanishing again in the moonlight.

Belerick once again circled the world every Christmas, looking for the next master of the seed of gift.

Author's Note: "Thank you for reading this short story. I am trying to be a man of literature but I am not professional. I wish to provide stories more beautiful and more entertaining. So please, I need your help. Comment your constructive criticisms, thoughts, and opinions about this story. Finally, thank you and have a wonderful day!"