What's new

Trivia Autism and LGBT identities

Kaplok Kaplok

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
Current research indicates that You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. people have higher rates of You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. and feelings than the general population. A variety of explanations for this have been proposed; You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.'s "Commission on the future of care and clinical research in autism" commented that it "might be part of a different concept of self, less reliance on or reference to social norms, or part of a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. lived experience of (and outlook on) the world."

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

Critics of the LGBTQ+ movement would use this data to undermine the rights of people who belong to this category. Due to their prejudice against both autism and non-heterosexuality.
Supporters of the LGBTQ+ movement will reject this data due to their prejudice and lack of understanding about autism, making them perform the exact prejudice that the society gave them, but towards autistic peoples.

But the truth is, this current studies only shows that we have more to learn about autism, specially the high functioning class. Also, some study suggest that "normalized" autistics - who do not have LGBTQ+ tendencies, or able to accept normalcy and heterosexuality - are the once who were able to meet their needs through their social supports. It is well known that a lot of autistic, though unable to perform socially, they may have extraordinary talents sometimes in prodigy levels. Some people may even claim that some well known prodigies are actually high-functioning autistics themselves.

What does this mean to us then?
1- We should be more accepting of autism, and their potential contribution to society. The existence of LGBTQ+ movement is a reminder of our neglect to these people, and because we dont understand the source of their non-conformity.

2- We should also recognize that the push towards transitioning might be an act of giving in to the obsessive tendency of autistic people. We might have to rethink if this is truly a solution. This procedure only takes away from looking at the root of the problem - the lack of understanding about autism and their needs unfulfilled.

3- Any rejection of the LGBTQ+ movement based on religious beliefs should be invalidated. The minds of people who have autism do not operate the same way, therefore pushing a religion on them does not solve anything. It might even be contributing to their negative perception of normalcy.

4- A good understanding of the relentless obsessive bahavior within the autism and lgbtq+ might allow us to divert this gender obsession to something more productive for the society, but it also entails that we might have sort out what is truly productive for society to norms that only serve to conformity.

Last edited:
i am more inclined to autism being not a disorder but just a neuro-diversity instead
That is the easy way to put it. And I agree.

The problem lies when we apply it in reality. Example, balik tayo sa kwento ni Gretchen Diez na binawalang pumasok sa female restroom bilang isang trans.

Now that we established that, her being an lgbtq+ person, is possibly a function of her having autism.. what course of action should we take as a solution?

That is the easy way to put it. And I agree.

The problem lies when we apply it in reality. Example, balik tayo sa kwento ni Gretchen Diez na binawalang pumasok sa female restroom bilang isang trans.

Now that we established that, her being an lgbtq+ person, is possibly a function of her having autism.. what course of action should we take as a solution?
before finding the solutionwe first identify the problem, sino ba talaga ang meron problema, "society vs Gretchen"

before finding the solutionwe first identify the problem, sino ba talaga ang meron problema, "society vs Gretchen"
Let us establish na nga n society ang may mali for setting heterosexual norms. Do we give in to the "obsessions" and belief of a trans-autist? Then therefore we must give-in to the obsession of all autist?

Let us establish na nga n society ang may mali for setting heterosexual norms. Do we give in to the "obsessions" and belief of a trans-autist? Then therefore we must give-in to the obsession of all autist?
how exactly is the obsession part sa nangyari boss?

how exactly is an the obsession part sa nangyari boss?
As a part of the original post, it can be viewed that transgenderism is a function of autism, wherein they obsess in wanting to be the gender other than their birth gender. That is how the link between autism and transgenderism is made.

The same way an autist can obsess in playing musical instruments that leads them to being a prodigy in music.

As a part of the original post, it can be viewed that transgenderism is a function of autism, wherein they obsess in wanting to be the gender other than their birth gender. That is how the link between autism and transgenderism is made.

The same way an autist can obsess in playing musical instruments that leads them to being a prodigy in music.
nope, i don't think it is an obsession but just a low self-esteem on their original gender, they just don't value themselves being on their original gender and therefore less likely to identify themselves as the assigned gender at birth, if na-observe mo hindi lahat ng lalaki na ayaw maging lalaki ay nagiging bakla lahat, some developed new genders (non-binary and gender diverse identities) a lot of genders (genderqueer, genderfluid, agender, bigender, and more) for as long as maipapalayo lang sila sa kanilang original gender so they didn't get obsessed sa pagiging bakla but they just want to be identified different from their original gender

Last edited:
nope, i don't think it is an obsession but just a low self-esteem on their original gender, they just don't value themselves being on their original gender and therefore less likely to identify themselves as the assigned gender at birth, if na-observe mo hindi lahat ng lalaki na ayaw maging lalaki ay nagiging bakla lahat, some developed new genders a lot of genders for as long as maipapalayo lang sila sa kanilang original gender so they didn't get obsessed sa pagiging bakla but they just want to be identified different from their original genders
That Is what obsession actually means. Dahil they found a higher self-esteem by a certain behavior - behaving in a gender non-conforming manner - they are continually preoccupied by this behavior and is adapted as their identity.

Meron akong inalagaan autistic noon, he is obsessed with watching Sesame Street all day long because that is his sense of comfort. He would happily wear Sesame street costumes and clothes. That is the same thing, just a different subject of obsession, dont you think?

That Is what obsession actually means. Dahil they found a higher self-esteem by a certain behavior - behaving in a gender non-conforming manner - they are continually preoccupied by this behavior and is adapted as their identity.

Meron akong inalagaan autistic noon, he is obsessed with watching Sesame Street all day long because that is his sense of comfort. He would happily wear Sesame street costumes and clothes. That is the same thing, just a different subject of obsession, dont you think?
nope, let's say we have 3 levels: low-level, normal-level, and high-level (obsession), in a straight gender if we are given boy as gender at birth then we have normal level self-esteem on that gender and low level self-esteem on other genders different from our original, we don't have high levels of self-esteem or obsessed on our gender at birth but just a normal level of self-esteem and low level on other genders different from our original, ganun lang din ang nangyari sa LGBTQ+ they just have low level on their original gender and normal levels on the other genders different from their original

nope, let's say we have 3 levels: low-level, normal-level, and high-level (obsession), in a straight gender if we are given boy as gender at birth then we have normal level self-esteem on that gender and low level self-esteem on other gender, we don't high levels of self-esteem or obsessed on our gender at birth but just a normal level of self-esteem and low level on other genders different from their original, ganun lang din ang nangyari sa LGBTQ+ they just have low level on their original gender and normal levels on the other genders different from their original
How does this differ from obsession then?

How does this differ from obsession then?
it differs from obsession because i am not obsessed of being a boy as my gender at birth, if i get obsessed of being straight boy saka lang din ako magsasabi na obsessed din yung mga bakla sa gender na pinili nila, i choose to be boy but i am not obsessed of being a boy

it differs from obsession because i am not obsessed of being a boy as my gender at birth, if i get obsessed of being straight boy saka lang din ako magsasabi na obsessed din yung mga bakla sa gender na pinili nila, i choose to be boy but i am not obsessed of being a boy
That is a bad argument. You can't equate the choice being straight to lgbtq. Being straight is simply conforming to the norm, you dont need to be obsessed about it. It is exactly why you chose to conform, because you don't give your gender identity much of a thought.
Conversely, choosing not to be straight, assigning gender identity a great value in terms of self-esteem requires some obsession to it. An obsession to something different from the norm.

That is a bad argument. You can't equate the choice being straight to lgbtq. Being straight is simply conforming to the norm, you dont need to be obsessed about it. It is exactly why you chose to conform, because you don't give your gender identity much of a thought.
Conversely, choosing not to be straight, assigning gender identity a great value in terms of self-esteem requires some obsession to it. An obsession to something different from the norm.
that would mean you choose to be boy because that's the most accepted or conventional, well ikaw iyan, wala akong paki sa norm or whatever is conventional, if you can observe i always have the tendency to disobey what is conventional kaya malabo talagang maging reason ko iyan as to why i choose to be boy, i choose to boy because i have low self-esteem on other genders, that is the reason why i really support LGBTQ+ because i always want to fu̾ck whatever is conventional or the norm

that would mean you choose to be boy because that's the most accepted or conventional, well ikaw iyan, wala akong paki sa norm or whatever is conventional, if you can observe i always have the tendency to disobey what is conventional kaya malabo talagang maging reason ko iyan as to why i choose to be boy, i choose to boy because i have low self-esteem on other genders, that is the reason why i really support LGBTQ+ because i always want to fu̾ck whatever is conventional or the norm
Okay, it seems you are rejecting the link between autism and lgbtq+. There will be no meaningful conversation kung magbabase ka lang sa feelings mo about the topic. Mahirap mag discuss about any topic kung walang established "facts" to discuss upon.

Okay, it seems you are rejecting the link between autism and lgbtq+. There will be no meaningful conversation kung magbabase ka lang sa feelings mo about the topic. Mahirap mag discuss about any topic kung walang established "facts" to discuss upon.
nope, i still consider the link between them but i don't consider autism as a disorder, if ipapasok mo yung obsession sa autism then you consider autism as a disorder so you cannot expect magkakaintindihan tayu dito since you consider autism as a disorder and i don't

nope, i still consider the link between them but i don't consider autism as a disorder, if ipapasok mo yung obsession sa autism then you consider autism as a disorder so you cannot expect magkakaintindihan tayu dito since you consider autism as a disorder and i don't
Kaya tayo hindi nagkakaintindihan, you dont read exactly what I said. A never said that I consider it a disorder. You tend to misunderstand what I say, or assume what I mean.
Ikaw ang nag-aassign sa word na "obsession" to mean disorder and to have a negative connotation. That is why you dont want to accept it.

Kaya tayo hindi nagkakaintindihan, you dont read exactly what I said. A never said that I consider it a disorder. You tend to misunderstand what I say, or assume what I mean.
Ikaw ang nag-aassign sa word na "obsession" to mean disorder and to have a negative connotation. That is why you dont want to accept it.
yes i don't want to accept it since meron ako sariling reason and it is not obsession but low self-esteem instead, i can say to you as well that you also don't want to accept low self-esteem, autism is not even an obsession so di ko talaga mahanapan ng literature to back your claim

dagdag ko na din na meron literature that backs the claim that obsession is in fact a disorder

Last edited:
yes i don't want to accept it since meron ako sariling reason and it is not obsession but low self-esteem instead, i can say to you as well that you also don't want to accept low self-esteem, autism is not even an obsession so di ko talaga mahanapan ng literature to back your claim

dagdag ko na din na meron literature that backs the claim that obsession is in fact a disorder
Nope it is not a disorder. It is simply a state. Normal people can be obsessive too. Baka hinahalo mo ang obsession sa OCD, wherein obsession is a symptom.

Nope it is not a disorder. It is simply a state. Normal people can be obsessive too. Baka hinahalo mo ang obsession sa OCD, wherein obsession is a symptom.
wow that would mean i can have an obsession without having an OC disorder, isa na namang claim na di ko din mahanapan ng literature to back from

Back