What's new

Closed Are You Ready For A Job Interview? Lesson #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TS please advise... I am currently working as an office clerk but because of the very low income, it motivates me to apply in a call center.

My problem is that I'm not yet resigned.I don't want to resign yet until I find another job.
It is a ok to say in the interview that im currently working and looking for better job? Isn't it a bad image?Or should I need to lie , or will I say i'm already resigned.

Hi TS please advise... I am currently working as an office clerk but because of the very low income, it motivates me to apply in a call center.

My problem is that I'm not yet resigned.I don't want to resign yet until I find another job.
It is a ok to say in the interview that im currently working and looking for better job? Isn't it a bad image?Or should I need to lie , or will I say i'm already resigned.
yama
The risk is high but it is doable. In case you get the job while hiding the fact that you are still employed, you should be ready. In addition to the possibility of losing your job, if you obtained your job by lying on a resume, you may not be able to sue your employer, even if your employer has violated your legal rights.

Courts and other legal professionals have dubbed this legal strategy the "after-acquired evidence" theory. Evidence that supports this theory has included:

1.Having been terminated for cause from a former position and failing to disclose or admit to it.

2.Not putting a former employer on a resume.

3.Making false statements about education, experience or holding professional licenses.

4.Concealing or failing to reveal a former felony conviction, and

5.Making up a college degree during an interview.

On the brighter side, you can remain quiet about it and continue with your job on a call center... it is just better to know that legally you cannot sue your employer when worst comes to worst.

Last edited:
yama
The risk is high but it is doable. In case you get the job while hiding the fact that you are still employed, you should be ready. In addition to the possibility of losing your job, if you obtained your job by lying on a resume, you may not be able to sue your employer, even if your employer has violated your legal rights.

Courts and other legal professionals have dubbed this legal strategy the "after-acquired evidence" theory. Evidence that supports this theory has included:

1.Having been terminated for cause from a former position and failing to disclose or admit to it.

2.Not putting a former employer on a resume.

3.Making false statements about education, experience or holding professional licenses.

4.Concealing or failing to reveal a former felony conviction, and

5.Making up a college degree during an interview.

On the brighter side, you can remain quiet about it and continue with your job on a call center... it is just better to know that legally you cannot sue your employer when worst comes to worst.
Hi TS thank you very much for that definite and very substantial explanation. That was very well said.

I'm still planning to apply.
I'm struggling what will I gonna answer to questions like "Why are you leaving your company?". The fact that I don't see any reason to leave except for the very low income.
Another issue is that, they will come to know that I did not yet file my resignation, then why should they hire me if they will gonna wait?. I don't want to resign yet because I'm afraid to the possibility that I will become unemployed if will not get hired soon.Once I get the job that's the time for me to resign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back