What's new

Closed arduino project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredddmakita

Addict
Reaction
hello po , patulong po sana ako if paano gawin or may way po ba na ma e update or palitan ko po ang phone number na naka program sa arduino,
yung project ko po kasi ay Smart Animal Feeder po with sms notification, yung pag sesendan po nung sms notification ko po ay naka program na sa arduino , at possible din po ba na makagawa ng parang GUI nya na pag a updatan po ng phone number na pag sesendan ng notification?
salamat po sa sasagot .

1. paano gawin or may way po ba na ma e update or palitan ko po ang phone number na naka program sa arduino?
- Kung nasa iyo yung soft copy ng code/program, edit mo yung naka-initialized na CP number don tapos i-upload mo kay arduino para ma-overwrite yung code na naka-load kay arduino.

2. possible din po ba na makagawa ng parang GUI ?
-Yes possible, gamit ka ng 4x3 keypad arduino module, I2C 16x2 Arduino LCD Display Module at kung may alam ka sa coding using ArduinoIDE.

I think the problem is you hardcoded the credentials or the phone number in your Arduino.

Ideally your Arduino should only be sending sensor data. For example if your Arduino is supposed to send a flag that the feeder is running, then it should just send that data. It should also probably send an ID that identifies that Arduino (probably a GPS coordinate if you have the module in your Arduino or a hardcoded id). If you have 10 feeders, you need a way to identify which feeder is sending notification and hence the need for an ID (or whatever identifier).

Your Arduino should send this sensor data to a custom web service that you've written. The responsibility of this web service is to encapsulate that Arduino data and be the one responsible for requesting an sms notification to whatever SMS provider you want to.

This web service will also be responsible for associating this Arduino data with a specific user/ sms number from the database. The advantage of this is you now have the option to change the phone number in the database. You don't need to edit each Feeder's Arduino program just to update the number. The ID of the Arduino is associated with a specific phone number in your database.

Now for the GUI. All you really need to do is to create a web application that will do CRUD (create, read, update, delate) operations on this database.

I think the problem is you hardcoded the credentials or the phone number in your Arduino.

Ideally your Arduino should only be sending sensor data. For example if your Arduino is supposed to send a flag that the feeder is running, then it should just send that data. It should also probably send an ID that identifies that Arduino (probably a GPS coordinate if you have the module in your Arduino or a hardcoded id). If you have 10 feeders, you need a way to identify which feeder is sending notification and hence the need for an ID (or whatever identifier).

Your Arduino should send this sensor data to a custom web service that you've written. The responsibility of this web service is to encapsulate that Arduino data and be the one responsible for requesting an sms notification to whatever SMS provider you want to.

This web service will also be responsible for associating this Arduino data with a specific user/ sms number from the database. The advantage of this is you now have the option to change the phone number in the database. You don't need to edit each Feeder's Arduino program just to update the number. The ID of the Arduino is associated with a specific phone number in your database.

Now for the GUI. All you really need to do is to create a web application that will do CRUD (create, read, update, delate) operations on this database.

This is the solution to my problem but i dont know how or where can i get a cotum web service?

This is the solution to my problem but i dont know how or where can i get a cotum web service?

I assume you mean "custom" web service. Well, it's custom. That means you don't get it from other people. You create one from scratch.

I don't know what your language expertise. Let's assume you know Python. Just Google "Simple API Python". If it's Java, "Simple API Java". Based on your previous response, I would take you're a newbie with writing custom APIs, so give yourself sometime to learn this. You will at least need a week (to be an intermediate would take months and to be a master it would take years probably)

Status
Not open for further replies.