What's new

Help About Restriction Code Driver's License

RoShanXian

Forum Veteran
Elite
I am currently driving 4 wheels and old restriction code pa which is no.2 only. I want to drive a motorcycle pero wala naman sa restriction code ng license ko, so paano ang process magdagdag ng pang motor lng? Pahelp po sana kasi magrerenew na din ako ngayong year.

If you currently hold a Philippine driver's license with a restriction code of No. 2, you are only authorized to drive a motor vehicle with four wheels. In order to drive a motorcycle legally, you need to upgrade your driver's license to include a restriction code of No. 1.

Here are the steps you need to follow to upgrade your driver's license:

1. Attend a driving school accredited by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and complete the required hours of training for driving a motorcycle.

2. Take and pass the written and practical examinations for driving a motorcycle at any LTO Licensing Center or District Office.

3. Pay the necessary fees for the upgrade of your license.

4. Wait for your new driver's license with the upgraded restriction code to be released.

Note that you can only upgrade your driver's license once you have held your current license for at least six months and it is not expired or suspended.

I suggest that you visit the LTO website or any LTO Licensing Center or District Office to get more information about the process of upgrading your driver's license.

Back