What's new

Closed A Woman's Sudden Mood Change (What Clueless Men Must Do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

queencee

Forum Expert
Reaction
rBNv2xo.jpg
Guys, have you ever wondered why your sweetie can be so unpredictable? One moment she’s sweet like honey and makes you feel like you’re the luckiest guy on the planet. The next moment she can get so angry and unhappy that you begin to doubt if she really loves you, or if she’s at all happy in your relationship.

And ladies, do you feel like you’re forced to go on an emotional roller coaster ride every month? For a few days a month you feel like you’re on the top of the world, then everything seems to go downhill. You battle moodiness, sadness, anger, and all sorts of emotions that seem to come out of nowhere, and without any warning, to whäçk you off balance. You’re left to wonder, Why is it so hard to be a woman?

During these times, perhaps you think it’s your fault and that you should just be better at dealing with it. You should be happy and cheery all month long. Or perhaps you think it’s because there’s something seriously wrong in your relationship.

Then the dark clouds clear and everything seems fine again – until the cycle repeats itself, month after month. Confusing isn’t it? Have you ever wondered what this is all about?
I surely have. I used to think I was quite unique, and that I had a lot of work to do to be a better person. But as I got older – and hopefully wiser – I began to wonder if there wasn’t some universal pattern to a woman’s monthly mood fluctuations.
And as it turns out, there is.
As you know by now, estrogen and progesterone, those two naughty *** hormones, are primarily responsible for a woman’s monthly cycle. So their peaks and valleys also have a direct effect on the ebbs and flows of a woman’s moods. Let me illustrate this using a 28-day cycle as an example...

Week 1 (The Spring) As estrogen begins to increase after your menstruation, you also begin to feel better. After the aches and pains and the emotional roller coaster of your last cycle, you begin to feel renewed and refreshed. After a long winter, spring is finally here. Your outlook is increasingly optimistic, and your energy begins to turn outward.

Week 2 (The Summer) – Estrogen is on the way to its monthly peak. You feel beautiful, sê×ÿ and energetic. Feeling that you’re on the top of the world, your amazing energy flows outwards, generously towards your projects and your relationship. And everyone around you delights in your presence.

Week 3 (The Fall) – After ovulation, estrogen takes a steep nose dive, but luckily the increasing progesterone catches you from falling all the way to rock bottom. You don’t feel as excited, energetic and confident as in the hot summer. Doubt and insecurity creep up on you, and you may feel cranky, grouchy or moody. Your energy begins to turn inward now, and you feel the need for some downtime to just catch a breath and chill.

Week 4 (The Winter) – When estrogen and progesteroneboth take a dive in week 4, you’re sent on that wild roller coaster ride. Angry outbursts, crying spells, depression, irritability, mood swings, fatigue, aches and pains and poor concentration can all hit you, and you don’t know what to expect – or when to expect it. All you want is to do is wí†hdráw and hibernate in your little cave. But people just won’t leave you alone! What a tough and stormy winter!

But before you lose hope, try and remember that spring is just around the corner.
The point I’m trying to make here is very simple. As human beings, we are bound to experience the ups and downs, and ebbs and flows life presents to us. This is a universal truth.
But as women, we experience physical, emotional and mental ups and downs every month, thanks to our monthly cycles. When we understand the cyclical nature of our life, relationships, menstrual cycles, moods and energy, we can learn to not take everything too personally, and learn to ride the ups and downs with more ease and grace. It’s not you or your partner’s fault. No one is to blame. It’s the natural cycles of being a woman.

6wtG1qh.jpg
Dig the chart? I guess what I'm trying to say is...

C8QZyB4.jpg

Don't be mortified or put up a fight if one day you'll see your sweetie acting like a "Morticia Addams"...just chill :hilarious:

TIYtIL0.jpg

Now here is your guide in case she becomes
"Morticia Addams"...

Every man knows that even the most sweet and loving girlfriend can morph into a raging lunatic every once in awhile. And while it might be your first impulse to blame PMS, be aware that there are more forces at work in her sudden mental shifts than just "that time of the month." Automatically blaming hormones is likely to escalate the problem and have you running for cover.

A bad day at work, a fight with a friend, family #forbidden#, or even a seemingly small disappointment can all lead to a girlfriend that is all over the emotional map. While it isn't your duty to make everything OK, it is worthwhile for you to uncover the root of the problem or do your best to try and not provoke her into an unnecessary argument. Read on for a few easy tips to tackle any unanticipated mood and make it out alive.
Mood: Distant
A woman that is pulling away from you and is not responsive to your presence can be a curveball that most men aren't expecting. If you've only encountered conflicts involving yelling and the hurling of projectiles in the past (both situations where retreating is the obvious course), it might be hard to resist the urge to chase down a woman that is acting in a detached manner.
However, when you find yourself faced with a girl that doesn't want to talk, it's usually best to give her a little breathing room to pull herself together before you start digging into what's going on. If you push her to talk before she is ready not only will you not get the facts, you'll most likely wind up with a resentful and defensive woman on your hands.
Mood: Depressed
If her mood swing is leaning toward emotional meltdown rather than raging rampage, your woman is probably going to be in need of comfort and encouragement rather than space and time alone (both of which might make her mood even worse). Try giving her a little physical but non-sexual affection to let her know that she is cared for and appreciated. If her bad mood lasts longer than expected, try setting up a date night reminiscent of happier times, like a return to a favorite restaurant or a memorable destination.
A surprise like this delivered unexpectedly can do wonders to lighten her mood and let her know that you are going to stick it out and help her through a rough time rather than bail when she isn't at her bubbly best.
Mood: Angry
There is a big difference between provoked anger and the unjustifiable variety. If her foul mood is a result of something you've said or done, step up and take the apology initiative rather than wait for her to form a battle plan and call you on it. But if it's out-of-the-blue rage that's stepping into your relationship, the last thing you want to do is apologize out of turn. Instead, probe cautiously to find out the actual source of the problem. Avoid making sweeping judgments or offering rash solutions.
Be prepared to back off quickly if she isn't able to have a civil conversation or articulate her thoughts in a rational manner — if that happens, refer back to the entry on being distant.
How to deal with her neediness, stress, and more welcome changes of mood..​
-QueenCee

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.