What's new

Stories A Psychotic Killer

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
A Psychotic Killer
MGL Emvie

An on the loose serial killer caught Layla one mid-evening, when the unsuspecting girl left a bar and hopped in a van never to be seen again.

Johnson filed a report in the SABER Police HQ a week later. "We've traced the van." he said. "But the criminal knew that we were coming. So the criminal burned the van!"

"On the scene we smelled gasoline and kerosene. Though, the stench of burning plastic and rubber stick in our nostrils, there's a hint of peppermint perfumes, bleach, and detergent."

A small SABER Police tapped Johnson's back. She handed a paper with Selena's profile. "Our suspect."

"You work hard Cyc."

"She argued with Layla the night before Layla's disappearance but we got no evidence." Cyclops replied.

"This case is difficult. If Layla was killed, we got to find blood." Johnson said, sounding like a sigh.

And at that same moment, the HQ sirens echoes and on the speaker, Rafaela exclaimed, "SABER Police. To Lumina Ward E! The Vance apartment is on fire!"

This is what happened an hour earlier at the Vance apartment...

A beautiful chick wore a braided pink hair. She unlocked the door with the name tag 'Lesley' when the tag's glass reflected a black silhouette. Lesley failed to take a glimpse on the silhouette especially because the stranger pushed her with violence.

The stranger lit a ball and threw it at the surprised lady. Because of that, the flames of the ball splattered around the curtains and the furnitures. After that, the stranger launched to Lesley, grabbing Lesley's neck.

Lesley tried to free herself from the clutches but the stranger grabbed the figurine on the table to hammer Lesley's face.

Lesley, unconscious, was drenched in water. The stranger made sure that Lesley burns last.

However, the smoke triggered the sprinkler system couples of minutes later. Not enough to contain the flame but enough to awaken Lesley.

Lesley's eyes caught the raging flames and her face turned to the balcony to escape. Her body felt like a boulder but she kept dragging herself to safety. And from the balcony, she jumped from the third floor.

Johnson rushed to the scene. He checked the area and found Lesley, who was covered in scratches and bite marks. "She's still breathing! Take her to the hospital fast and put out the flames!" he said.

And after the Fire Department took out the flames, Johnson checked Lesley's room. Almost immediately, the scent of bleach and detergent punched his face. In that instant, the case of Layla's disappearance flashed in his mind. This case must be connected.

However, the Fire Department reported that a short circuit caused the fire, and Cyclops confirmed Selena's working schedule as a good alibi.

"Then let the doctors examine Lesley and hope we find tracks from her attacker."

The doctors examined Lesley and search for foreign objects like hair, blood, or saliva. However, not a strand was found nor a drop of foreign blood. Nevertheless, she stinks of bleach and detergent.

The doctors examined Lesley inch by inch, and when they examined Lesley's nails, the doctors found a bit of skin. Johnson ordered for a DNA test but the doctors explained that the skin might come from Lesley's own body.

The usual scenario is skins got lodged in the nails when a person scrapped an itchy skin on their body. The bit of skin could stay in the nails for days so the doctors assume the DNA will match Lesley and not Selena.

The local news catch up on this. The SABER Police suspects Selena and that police report spread to the town. So the news team search for Selena to get an interview. This became an opportunity for Selena to clear her name from the eyes of the people.

"The SABER Police suspects me for cases like murder, arson, and attempted crimes I never commit. Their basis? Feelings!" Selena said.

The interview caused an uproar. Selena pointed out that the police's whims might change someone's life if they got suspected. But thanks for the news, Selena suffered less stigma and more sympathy from the society.

However, two weeks after Johnson ordered the DNA test, the result came. The town was confident the DNA to mismatch with Selena. But Johnson and the SABER Police knew that even if the result mismatched, Selena would still fall under the SABER's radar. But surely, the police's popularity with the citizens will fall. Even the doctors that examined Lesley explained that the skin came from Lesley's own body. But the paper that Johnson received shows that the skin's DNA and Selena's DNA matched!

Without a second's delay, Johnson called the arresting team to capture Selena.

Rafaela and Cyclops pinned Selena on the floor.

"You're a dangerous criminal. We have to capture you before we tell you--" Cyclops said but Rafael cut his words.

"Selena. You're under arrest!"

Selena's confused eye's turned as if amused. She burst into laughter and exclaimed, "You found out!"

Cyclops delivered Selena to SABER HQ and Johnson interrogated the criminal.

"Where's Layla?"

"HAHAHA! She's dead!"

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!

Back