What's new

Stories A Life of Getting Pursued

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
A Life of Getting Pursued
MGL Emvie

The stubborn Ravens pursue our party with determination. For months, the church was on our trail. We ran and hid but the strength of these Ravens seemed far from waning. Nevertheless, we have the guts to be patient and to survive.

We just need to wait for a bit longer. Live far from troubles and keep a low profile just like the other day.

After we camped in a deep forest, our party spread to work on our morning routine. When the dews had all but evaporated and the fog cleared, I piled sticks and branches to start a smokeless fire. I built a temporary table to work on the onions and garlic.

While I grind and chop the fragrant herbs, Julian came, with him three elks, four birds, and one large fish. He coiled the games with his chains and dropped them before the flames.

"Is this enough?" he said.

My brows jerked at his remarks. "I guess it will be enough." I said. "Are you trying to left the predators of this forest without preys to hunt?"

"It's not my intention. Nothing personal, just doing my mission." he said. "Arbiter of Light."

I turned my eyes at the games and pulled a bird from the pile. "You should learn to call me Xavier."

"Alright. Arbiter of Light."

Arbiter of Light? Really. A sigh burst from my lungs.

When Julian turned his back, I called, "Where's Yin?"

Julian simply signalled his eyes to Yin's direction and continued his steps.

Yin sat on a huge branch shooting a smile. He waved his hand while he ate an apple. "I have this for you too."

A sackful of wild fruits dropped under Yin.

Fruits? Don't dropped it or it will get smashed! But before I could express a reaction, the sack was stuck on a string and left the fruits hanging.

That reminds me. "Where's Melissa? Is she done?"

"Let me check on her." Yin replied.

Melissa set up traps to capture food and to prepare an escape route in case we came under attack. She spread strings of threads and release her creepy dolls around to watch over the surroundings. Working for many years for the church, those dolls still creep me out. The church expressed its distaste on that kind of magic but honestly, I feel goosebumps when they are around me. In time, I may get over it.

The demon inside Yin also put me in constant guard and I still feel the awkward atmosphere around Julian. But even so, I will protect these kids from the greed of the church and from the evil intentions of the Abyss.

The food was ready and I set the dishes on the table with four seats. Eagles, parrots, and hummingbirds came to hang out on top of the trees. Tree lizards also came to take a peek, and foxes and lone wolves crawled around the bushes. I am such a great chef! The fragrance of my cooking captured the feral denizens of the forest. Maybe I could tame them too but where did the kids go?

At the moment my sight caught the shadow of the fearsome and the most skilled Raven of the church, an aura of terror spread. Julian's presence was so intimidating that the urge of flee and flight instinct drove the animals away. A raven that even the eagles and the tigers will fear. But it could be Yin or Melissa who walked behind. But not Yin with his Innocent smile, and definitely not Melissa with that mischievous grin. Even though Yin in his body carried the spirit of a demon and Melissa with his curse magic, they looked too much innocent and friendly without a hint of evil or darkness in their heart. These is an unusual party.

"Come over! Food's ready!" I exclaimed.

"It's a feast!" Melissa cheered and overtook the Julian. She grabbed Yin and asked him to sat beside her.

"You've got to thanks Julian for this." Yin said.

"You were the one who foraged the forest empty." Julian replied.

Yin sent a silent "hehe" with a smile. He pulled a leg of the roasted bird and it triggered the party to launch an all out attack onto the foods. The feast started.

"I didn't catch anything! It's unfair. I am stuck roaming around tying threads on the trees." Melissa exclaimed.

The disappointment in Melissa's tone seemed genuine. Does she thought this is a game? If the two could gather this many, what will be left on the forest if Melissa joined in? So, I gulped the tea on my bamboo cup and thought of an encouragement.

"But thanks to your threads we feel secured. Melissa, we would be in constant stress if we always feel we could be attack in any moment."

"Stress? Definitely not me!" Yin said.

"Not me too." Julian retorted.

I almost bit my tongue when they replied. These kids just don't know how to cooperate.

"But why did you gather this much food?" I asked trying to change the subject.

But Melissa face turned serious out of the blue.

"Melissa?" I sounded.

"Someone stepped on it." she said. "They're here!"

We agreed to evacuate and sealed it with a united nod. We were already full but Yin tried to sneak another leg from the roasted bird.

"Leave it. We need to hurry." Julian exclaimed.

We rushed away but I remained in the rear to cover the kids' backs. While protecting the escape a took a glance at the pursuing Ravens, and realized the dullness of their cheeks and their sullen eyes. They move like a slug and it looked like they won't be able to balance if they hop onto the branches.

Julian's eye and mine's eyes met.

"So that's what it is. The extra food is for them. Yin. Julian. You're too kind." I whispered to myself.

I then signalled Julian a nod that I understand.

----

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!

intersting paps.. ikaw nag sulat nito? i liked how you demonizing the church 😂 pero anong church ba yung tinutukoy mo dito? christian church ba?..

my suggestion is lawakan mo pa yung story nito gawin mong novel and i self publish mo sa Amazon Kindle.. who knows baka may maka spot nito na major publishing house at maging best seller author ka 👍

intersting paps.. ikaw nag sulat nito? i liked how you demonizing the church 😂 pero anong church ba yung tinutukoy mo dito? christian church ba?..

my suggestion is lawakan mo pa yung story nito gawin mong novel and i self publish mo sa Amazon Kindle.. who knows baka may maka spot nito na major publishing house at maging best seller author ka 👍
Maraming salamat sa feedback, sa reply mo palang, panalo na'ko 😉 Monastery of Light po ang church na tinutukoy dito, at lore expansion po yan ng Land of Dawn Universe (Story World ng Mobile Legends).

Cover.png

Attachments

parang sasuke at naruto sila yin at julian at si xavier nman ang kanilang teacher na si kakashi nakakabitin nga lng adventure nila 😁😁

parang sasuke at naruto sila yin at julian at si xavier nman ang kanilang teacher na si kakashi nakakabitin nga lng adventure nila 😁😁
Lore yan eh 😆😆 Expansion yan sa original story ng ML kapag Lore... Napanood mo na siguro yung time na hinabol sila ni Alice and friends 😆 tapos tinulungan sila ni Julian, this is an event just after that time.

Lore yan eh 😆😆 Expansion yan sa original story ng ML kapag Lore... Napanood mo na siguro yung time na hinabol sila ni Alice and friends 😆 tapos tinulungan sila ni Julian, this is an event just after that time.
hndi ko napanood hahaha pramis dito ko lng nlalaman sau mga kwento nila