What's new

A Corvette Owner Took One Last Drive Before Selling His Car, And Promptly Crashed

arsenal1205

Intel® Xeon® Gold
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction

A driver in Greenville, North Carolina who was planning on selling his You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. the very next day lost control of the car and drove off the highway. The driver, Spencer Everette, told a local news outlet, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., he had just gone out for “one last hurrah.”

That last drive didn’t turn out so well for Everette, after he “gunned it” and slid the You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. right off the road and into a ditch, per You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

The You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. doesn’t mention how much Everette had planned on making on the sale of his late-model ’Vette, but I imagine it was a good amount of money, given that the used car market is You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. right now. His C8 Corvette is a 2020 model optioned with a high rear spoiler and a z51 performance package, per You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

To top it all off, the North Carolina Highway Patrol gave Everette a ticket for reckless driving. Luckily, no one was hurt in the incident, but, damn, if it doesn’t remind me of one of my own dumb and totally avoidable accidents.

When I was learning how to ride a motorcycle about a decade ago, I would take short laps in my neighborhood to practice shifting. One day, I remember feeling I’d You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. I had been riding all afternoon, cycling through first, second and third gear on a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., when I decided to stop. As I pulled into the garage, I thought “Aw, what the hell. I’ll take one last ride.

Yeah, I crashed. I lost traction on a gravel ρá†ch after I stopped paying attention and overestimated my progress. If I’d just put the bike away, I wouldn’t have wrecked. I learned to distrust “one last” anything that day.

ANOTHER KAMOTE ON THE ROAD!

Attachments

Back