What's new

Help Locking LTE Bands - PLDT Home FX-ID3

Juan_75

Honorary Poster
Established
Hello experts,

I am trying to understand what difference it makes when locking one (1) LTE band on our modem versus letting all the LTE bands' frequencies flow in.

Currently locked to bands 28 and 3 on my modem, but I'm wondering what happens when I lock all the bands on this FX ID3.

Many in this community suggest only selecting one band and lock it, but due to uncertainties as to which bands are available in my area I am thinking of simply locking all of these bands and hope for the best results.

What are your thoughts? Looking forward to your help.

Thank you in advance!

1585623172026.png

currently locked to b28; YøùTùbé is very slow

Attachments

View attachment 812410

currently locked to b28; YôùTùbé is very slow

At the time I'm writing this, I'm trying to lock it to Band 40 but it forces itself to Band 3.
I'm not sure if this setting is even working at all.
I'm currently in a Globe-dominated area (Cell Tower is just one block away) and Smart signal is too weak.

For me, selecting all available bands is almost the same as setting your modem to "Auto" coz it will decide based on certain signal parameters which band is the best for you.

I'm thinking that the modem could be behaving by:
1. setting itself to B28 first by default regardless if you set it on other bands since you're far from the tower
2. will set you to B3 or B40 if you're if you're close or
3. the modem is just struggling to get a stable signal (based on reviews of this unit)

At the time I'm writing this, I'm trying to lock it to Band 40 but it forces itself to Band 3.
I'm not sure if this setting is even working at all.
I'm currently in a Globe-dominated area (Cell Tower is just one block away) and Smart signal is too weak.

For me, selecting all available bands is almost the same as setting your modem to "Auto" coz it will decide based on certain signal parameters which band is the best for you.

I'm thinking that the modem could be behaving by:
1. setting itself to B28 first by default regardless if you set it on other bands since you're far from the tower
2. will set you to B3 or B40 if you're if you're close or
3. the modem is just struggling to get a stable signal (based on reviews of this unit)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Freelancerage! Would you know if this modem is capable of LTE CA?

Pano po mahanap best spot?, Nakakalito ung app e
First, you need to identify the fastest LTE band working in your area. You do that by placing your modem in the usual spot where you get the best internet speed in your home, then perform a speed test for every LTE band independently.

Once you get to identify the LTE Band that's perfect for your location, that's when you open Network Cell Info Lite. Make sure you have your phone's data set to LTE only. Grant all necessary permissions and make sure that "Location" is on.

Go to the "Raw" tab of the app and from there you will see your phone provide you information on every LTE band and their corresponding strengths your phone is detecting.

Once you find the best spot, put your modem there! Make sure to place your modem on the exact spot where you detected the best strength because the slightest move of the modem from the "spot" can drastically change the speed that you will get.

Here's my set-up.
I have a question regarding your setup on the times drop down boxe/s. When you set this up. Is there a specific time that the current band that you have selected ( e.g., band 1 ) will switch over to another band like band 28,41 and other bands.
I wanted to know tips from you guys.
Mind telling me as well the current firmware version that you are using?
btw I am using PLDT 1.1.0