What's new

Closed Duterte Is Turning Philippines Into A More Corrupt And Less Democratic State

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Philippines is getting a more corrupt and less democratic state under President Rodrigo Duterte. That's according to recent rankings published by international agencies.

The Philippines is the 113 least corrupt nation out of 180 countries, according to the 2019 Corruption Perceptions Index reported by Transparency International. That's 14 notches below the 2018 ranking and 18 down from 2015 before Duterte becomes President!

Meanwhile, the Philippines slid down one notch in the Economist Intelligence Unit's (EIU) Democracy Index for 2019, to 54th place.

That's on top of two notches it slid in 2018.

Rising corruption means that President Duterte's anti-corruption rhetoric that helped him grow in power was just that — rhetoric. Meanwhile, his death squads and attacks on media have undermined the country's democratic institutions, without helping the Philippines in the corruption front.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

For my DDS 'friends" who cannot understand why it's bad that the rating went down:

Bumaba ang rating nya: ibig sabihin mas malayo sya sa top 10...
Number 1 sa listahan ay pinaka magandang bansa, then number 2... number 3... hangang number 180 ang pinaka corrupt. Pilipinas ay # 113. Noon 2015 #95 ang Pilipinas.

Last edited:
Ang tanging pagkakamali lang na ginawa ng mga Pilipino ay hinayaan natin mamuno mga Aquino ng maraming taon at nakita nyo naman ang resulta..

wala ka naman aasahan dyan sir, galing yan sa forbes.com
american magazine yan, galit ang america at us senators kay pres digong, kaya sa issue ng corruption ay masasabi ko hindi tapat na ulat at statistic yan

doon naman sa pagiging less democracy.. huwad nman ang demokrasya umiiral sa aten from the very first day it was drafted and created by american, pinamahanan tayo ng mga amerikano ng huwad na demokrasya at economic system na papabor sa neo colonialism nila.

kong maging totalitarian goverment tayo under pduterte may masama ba doon?
wala masama sa sistema na yan.

at kung babalikan natin ang kasaysayan ng isa sa pinaka great empire of history
nakamamit ng emperyong romano ang kanyang golden age under the constitutional reform and dictatorship of Julius Caesar

american magazine yan, galit ang america at us senators kay pres digong, kaya sa issue ng corruption ay masasabi ko hindi tapat na ulat at statistic yan

doon naman sa pagiging less democracy.. huwad nman ang demokrasya umiiral sa aten from the very first day it was drafted and created by american, pinamahanan tayo ng mga amerikano ng huwad na demokrasya at economic system na papabor sa neo colonialism nila.

nakamamit ng emperyong romano ang kanyang golden age under the constitutional reform and dictatorship of Julius Caesar
+A ako dito,

AFAIK yong mga democrats/liberal na american senators lang ang galit kay duterte dahil sa Human Rights kuno. Kaya galit si duterte kay Obama(demonicrats/libtard) nung siya pa ay Presidente ng US.

Pag nakipagtalo ka sa mga taong ganito, walang katapusan ang argumento. These are ρáíd individuals USED to spread negative information about the Duterte administration. In short, nobody wins. This person still got ρáíd and eventually we are just preys of the negative vibes corrupting our minds. Let's just stick to what we really are experiencing in the Philippines. I think mas concrete pa rin yung actual nating nakiktia kaysa mga puro salita at banat nila online. Alam naman natin kung ano talaga ang totoo.

By the way, matagal nang ganyan yang si awinahe. If you continue reacting to his/her posts, it will just gain traction and eventually magiging effective pag spread nya ng negative information. So I suggest, just ignore these kind of people though ironically nag cocoment ako no? haha. Anyway, I just want everyone to at least see the bigger picture. Mabuhay mga ka PHC!

Pag nakipagtalo ka sa mga taong ganito, walang katapusan ang argumento. These are ρáíd individuals USED to spread negative information about the Duterte administration. In short, nobody wins. This person still got ρáíd and eventually we are just preys of the negative vibes corrupting our minds. Let's just stick to what we really are experiencing in the Philippines. I think mas concrete pa rin yung actual nating nakiktia kaysa mga puro salita at banat nila online. Alam naman natin kung ano talaga ang totoo.

By the way, matagal nang ganyan yang si awinahe. If you continue reacting to his/her posts, it will just gain traction and eventually magiging effective pag spread nya ng negative information. So I suggest, just ignore these kind of people though ironically nag cocoment ako no? haha. Anyway, I just want everyone to at least see the bigger picture. Mabuhay mga ka PHC!
No... I am not ρáíd as you say... I bet you and many like you here, in PHC, are ρáíd trolls... obvious naman! If I was a ρáíd troll like you I will just post nonsense comments on threads as you do. My threads are always made with sources and references unlike your non-sense comments (when I say you I'm talking about all the dds, not YOU specifically)
And if really I wanted to have more reactions (in order to be ρáíd as you said) I will make my threads in tagalog not English... As so many here don't understand English...

Any of the dds I met here have really good argumentation on why one should prefer duterte... always turning to curse or saying ρáíd troll but no valid argumentation...

same thing corrupt pa rin kahit before duterte. so what's your suggestion? reality bites that corruption is everywhere ts. kahit sa mayayamang bansa may corruption.

same thing corrupt pa rin kahit before duterte. so what's your suggestion? reality bites that corruption is everywhere ts. kahit sa mayayamang bansa may corruption.
If you click the link provided, you will see that they talk about previous governments and corruption (and compare to other Asian countries). You are right corruption has always existed, it's not new. But since duterte is president it got worse... a lot worse! He was elected on a "anti-corruption" platform and he is the worst corrupt one!

kase nailalantad na sa pilipinas ang mga corrupt. kaya nagkakaron ng bilang. samantalang sa ibang bansa hindi pa nahuhuli mga corrupt kase mismong sila sila corrupt din. isipin mo na lang lahat ng lugar sa mundo may corrupt, dito lang sa tin nahuhuli na ang corrupt , good news nga yon kase nababawasan na sila,

But since duterte is president it got worse... a lot worse! He was elected on a "anti-corruption" platform and he is the worst corrupt one!
sad ba ang mga pinoy to a worse corrupt philippines? do pinoys now wants to oust duterte like trump?

My threads are always made with sources and references unlike your non-sense comments
Look who's talking. Yes you have your sources, question is how reliable are these sources? You are just depending on their information which you cannot ascertain whether it's a fact or not. And if for you my comments are nonsense, I don't mind. I know the rest of the PHC Community is with me. Nonsense? Okay. I respect your opinion. You better respect mine.

okay lang naman sana ung puro tira ka nalang sa mga politiko, pero sana naman tirahin mo din ung mga nakaraang administrasyon!!! ang kukupaall at sobra sobra ang ginawa nila nun tahimik kalang? para hindi ka naman masyado mapansin na bayaran wag ka mamili ng titirahin!! khit papano gumawa ka naman ng article tungkol kay panot na nakita mo masama,. o kaya sa mga senador ng DILAW para hindi ka HALATA masyado tsong!

To people who keep on downvoting my threads and posts:
do you really think that I care about these "likes/dislikes" :ROFLMAO: This is just good for kids! Grow up, guys!

To people who keep on downvoting my threads and posts:
do you really think that I care about these "likes/dislikes" :ROFLMAO: This is just good for kids! Grow up, guys!
then grow up too, if you post something (like this) then you have to answer those questions, of course its your freedom to post but make sure you have the guts to absorb the impact of the others who have freedom to comment on your thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back