What's new

Closed Understanding Colossians 1:15-20 / Firstborn vs First to be created.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1523148
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1523148

Hi!
Advance Merry Christmas!!

Colossians 1:15-20
[15]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
[16]For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things have been created through Him and for Him.
[17]He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
[18]He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
[19]For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,
[20]and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

This verse in one of Paul's Epistles is commonly misunderstood by which Paul, allegedly, said that Christ was created.

A quick background, the theme of Colossians is to inform humanity that Jesus Christ is:

1. A Creator.
2. A Savior.

A Creator was NOT Created.

As Genesis 1:26 used PLURAL words "US" and "OUR" when describing God. That is already a clue that there are MORE THAN 1 PERSON present during the creation. I believe it is the Trinity.

Now, about the used of FIRSTBORN.

FIRSTBORN = SUPERIOR

That is what Apostle Paul meant,
CHRIST IS SUPERIOR IN ALL CREATION NOT "FIRST TO BE CREATED".

One example of this is:
Psalms 89:27
"I also shall make him(David) My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.

Where God is pertaining to David being the "first born". Clearly David is NOT the "first created man" rather SUPERIOR BEING / KING.

Hope this helps.
God bless sayo!

d4911f69838584581538e8e0a87ce58e.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.