Trivia 8 Words for Introverts

Professora Akira

☯️ SôulNinetãiL☯️
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction

Aloof​

removed or distant either physically or emotionally
If anyone lobs this word at you, dear introvert, feel free to stare off, as if you are looking toward a distant horizon, the promise of land after weeks at sea a tiny flame burning in your heart.
While we most often encounter aloof as an adjective, its longer history is as an adverb used with the meaning "at a distance." The adverbial use is the one American writer Herman Melville used most, typically in the collocation "hold aloof":

Shrinking Violet​

A person described thusly is of course not getting smaller; the word shrink may typically have to do with getting smaller, but it is also used to mean "to recoil instinctively" and "to hold oneself back.

Wallflower​

a person who from shyness or unpopularity remains on the sidelines of a social activity (such as a dance) 2 : a shy or reserved person
it was often used to describe a person standing along the wall at a social function.

Unclubbable​

having or showing a disinclination for social activity : unsociable
to describe a friend who perhaps had better places to be than the Club,

Buttoned-up​

coldly reserved or standoffish
The word buttoned-up has described those who like to keep a cool distance from others.

Cool​

lacking ardor or friendliness
The polysemous cool may be overused, but when introverts want to describe themselves, its broad application may be part of its charm. Surely ardor—the relevant sense is defined in this dictionary as "an often restless or transitory warmth of feeling"—is not without negative effects, and friendliness to all can hardly be demanded of all.

Taciturn​

temperamentally disinclined to talk
The word is ultimately from Latin tacitus, meaning "silent"—the same source as the word tacit, meaning "expressed or carried on without words or speech" and "implied or indicated (as by an act or by silence) but not actually expressed.

excerpt from MirramWebster

Aloof - term that many of my workmates brand me nowadays. I dunno, sguro kaya naglie low din ako dito sa PHC kasi parang ayoko muna ng interaction sa ibang tao, virtually and physically but one thing is for sure, I miss being here in PHC. ❤️😍