What's new

Closed 8 TRAITS OF PARANOID THINKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeanh

8 TRAITS OF PARANOID THINKERS

1. Confirmation Bias

A suspicious person is a person who has something on his mind, and searches intensely for confirmation of his anticipations. He will pay no attention to rational arguments except to find in them some aspect or feature that confirms his original view.

2. Attention bias.

The instrument for an individual's confirmation bias is his attention. His attention is intense and exceedingly narrow in focus. For example, a person with low self-esteem is highly sensitive to other people ignoring them. They constantly monitor for signs that people might not like them.

3. Disorders of reasoning.

Once a suspicious person accepts a belief based on some evidence, he is reluctant to give it up. When hearing new evidence, he is less likely to revise his original judgments about the possibility of alternative explanations.

4. Distorted reality.

The paranoid person imposes a biased view on the actual world. Their thought processes go from belief to evidence. A paranoid person generally listens and watches only for specific clues that interest him, which tie into suspicious beliefs. For instance, in a conversation with a coworker, he overlooks nuances and misses the true intent as he fails to read between the lines, instead focusing on what he wants to see.

5. Persecutory delusion.

They are blaming individuals and they explain life events by blaming others. For example, they explain negative events (e.g., losing a job) by attributing them to the malicious intentions of others rather than worrying about whether they are inadequate in some way. (The flip side of persecutory delusion is
grandiosity , which serves to defend against anxieties and vulnerabilities. In an attempt to cope with low self-esteem and the fear of that no one loves them, they convince themselves that everyone does.)

6. Paranoid projection.

Projection is the substitution of an external threat or tension for an internal one that one's self denies. For example, “I hate him” becomes “He hates me.” This mental operation is central to paranoid thought. For example, a paranoid person who has made a small mistake on the job will search for clues of disapproval (or dislike) in his boss’s behavior. When he finds that sign, the biased anticipation becomes a conviction of disapproval.

7. Overvalued ideas.

An overvalued idea is a simple idea that resembles a delusion, and often guides specific behavior. An example is knocking on wood to protect yourself against misfortune. Many people endorse the "10-second rule" that says you can eat food that has fallen on the ground only if you pick it up immediately. One aspect of superstition is the idea of magical thinking—that you have control over the world. Many hotels don’t have a thirteen floor. But what could happen to a guest on the 13th floor that would not occur on the 14th floor?

8. Erroneous sense-making .

The suspicious person can be absolutely right in his perception and at the same time absolutely wrong in his judgment. Making sense is a deep human motivation, but it is not the same as being correct . Michael
Gazzaniga (2008) argues that the pressure to justify one’s actions reflects the operation of “an interpreter system” in the left-hemisphere (analytical) brain. The interpreter (the “I”) is driven to generate explanations and hypotheses regardless of circumstances. In other words, the brain only perceives what it wishes to.

Hmmmm.... san mo ba nakuha ito Jeanh ? :confused:
I think the true author of this article got confused about being suspicious and being paranoid.
They are two different things.
I'am ultra paranoid but I'am nowhere near the points being raised in this topic. Although I admit I always disapprove about so many things. :D

ito yun oh:hilarious:
enhanced-buzz-13281-1328133343-4.jpg

sa wakas di na nagerror

Attachments

di ko makita..are you joking on me :meh:

ayan nagamit ko tuloy yung rare at antique english ko

Paranoia can sometimes be a good thing. It means you are conscious of your surroundings and situation that you can percieve the probabilities of certain events. Problem is fear though...if you fear too much that your mind gets clouded and you are no longer sane enough that your consciousness is convoluted. Fear is a good thing, it makes s aware of the negative results therefore we can take action to avoid or diminish the damage or repercussions. All in all, if one can be conscious enough to notice his or her mannerisms at the first few instances then your are actually above the norm and can therefore make use of some of your untapped brain powers my friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.