What's new

Closed Why Exactly Are We Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doppleghost

Honorary Poster
Reaction
A lot of people just sort of muddle through life, not knowing what they were born into this world for. They take life as it comes and, I hate to say this, call this trait as "faith" in God. They'll tell you that God planned their lives out for them and what's bound to happen is bound to happen, and not even a person of Hercules' strength, Isaac Newton's genius and Mother Teresa's altruism can change that programmed fate. Resent me if you want, but I'd say this kind of perspective in life is a surefire way to be a perpetual loser, unable to get anything off the ground, and who'll lie in his deathbed regretting why he never plucked up enough courage to take responsibility over his life. Now before you hurl negative remarks at me, it's not the "faith in God" thing I'm saying is the culprit--it's cowardice.

The Buddha said, "life is suffering" and I totally agree with that. Life is scary. Time and time again, we find ourselves buried in a mountain of obstacles, hardly able to breathe. But if you're not a victim of utter narrow-mindedness, you'll see that it's actually the problems that make life worth living. Once you get past through the hurdles, you'll come out brimming with pride, feeling like you can conquer the world. That's the beauty of our ostensibly dismal existence. It takes tremendous grit to tell the world, "I am a master of my fate, the captain of my soul." But it takes even greater valor to stop blaming others and assume complete responsibility over one's life. I strongly believe that we carve out our destinies. I believe that's what God meant when he said he endowed us with "freewill." As Spiderman's uncle so aptly puts it, "With great power comes great responsibility." We have power to decide on the course of our lives, and whatever mistakes we commit along the way, bring with them lessons. We're supposed to learn these lessons. Mistakes make us wiser. But more often than not, we fail to listen to what life is desperately trying to teach us. We commit the same slips, and same destructive moves and each time, life clamors furiously to be heard. In most case, when we do manage to open our eyes, it is already too late and we're left wishing we could turn back time.

Each of us came here for a reason. It is our task to find out for ourselves what that reason is. I have found mine and ever since I did, I have plunged heart and soul into accomplishing my mission. It's not easy. I don't think it's never easy but difficulties do not deter me. I will keep moving ahead. Along the journey, I shall not forget to keep my feet on the ground to take care not to lose my integrity. When I have attained my goals, when I know my life will not have been a waste, and when I die, I'll be able to rest in peace, knowing that I had made my life worthy of remembrance.

hindi ang diyos ang nag bigay sa atin ng freewill
he created and endowed each human being with intellect, and self determination.
after it wala na siyang paki alam/sa buhay mo sa buhay ng sino man

why we are here? what is the meaning of life? what is our purpose ?
those are esoteric and fundamental questions since the beginnng of human history

naging katanungan ko din yan from the beginning of my spiritual journey those questions are my motivations to embark on the research and studies of world religion, esoteric and occult tradition

then naniwala ako noon na kaya tayo andito is to glorify, to worship god by living in a god-centered life

but now i realized ang kasagutan ay nasa sarili din natin the answer is within our self in our very being -the reality and the fact of human existence is - life is meaningless

its not a pessimistic idea what i mean is: tayo ang siya gumagawa ng purpose at meaning ng buhay natin
andito tayo sa mundo upang bigyan ng purpose, at kahulugan ang atin buhay

eksakto ng sinabi ni james allen a philosopher and writer excluded and kicked hard god in the head (and i think he is still in comma/eternal sleep)
when he said:

a man is the master garderner of his soul and the director of his own life

Kawikaan 16:9

Ang puso ng tao ay kumakatha ng kaniyang lakad: nguni't ang Panginoon ang nagtutuwid ng kaniyang mga hakbang.

May tungkulin tayong gagampanan

Ecclesiastes 12:13

Ito ang wakas ng bagay; lahat ay narinig: ikaw ay matakot sa Dios, at sundin mo ang kaniyang mga utos; sapagka't ito ang buong katungkulan ng tao.

God gave freewill at may offer siya may incentive pa

Deuteronomio 30:19 Aking tinatawag ang langit at ang lupa na pinakasaksi laban sa inyo sa araw na ito, na aking ilagay sa harap mo ang buhay at ang kamatayan, ang pagpapala at ang sumpa; kaya't piliin mo ang buhay, upang ikaw ay mabuhay, ikaw at ang iyong binhi;

Last edited:
hindi ang diyos ang nag bigay sa atin ng freewill
he created and endowed each human being with intellect, and self determination.
after it wala na siyang paki alam/sa buhay mo sa buhay ng sino man

why we are here? what is the meaning of life? what is our purpose ?
those are esoteric and fundamental questions since the beginnng of human history

naging katanungan ko din yan from the beginning of my spiritual journey those questions are my motivations to embark on the research and studies of world religion, esoteric and occult tradition

then naniwala ako noon na kaya tayo andito is to glorify, to worship god by living in a god-centered life

but now i realized ang kasagutan ay nasa sarili din natin the answer is within our self in our very being -the reality and the fact of human existence is - life is meaningless

its not a pessimistic idea what i mean is: tayo ang siya gumagawa ng purpose at meaning ng buhay natin
andito tayo sa mundo upang bigyan ng purpose, at kahulugan ang atin buhay

eksakto ng sinabi ni james allen a philosopher and writer excluded and kicked hard god in the head (and i think he is still in comma/eternal sleep)
when he said:

a man is the master garderner of his soul and the director of his own life
Kawikaan 16:9

Ang puso ng tao ay kumakatha ng kaniyang lakad: nguni't ang Panginoon ang nagtutuwid ng kaniyang mga hakbang.
Hello to the two of you I'm sorry to inform you that this is my short essay written few years ago so this is not open for debate. Well it's up to you if make some statements but I'm not interested for correction or anything. I'm glad that two people noticed my work so thank you and I will continue to share my piece...hoping it will be appreciated and label them to avoid confusions.

Hello to the two of you I'm sorry to inform you that this is my short essay written few years ago so this is not open for debate. Well it's up to you if make some statements but I'm not interested for correction or anything. I'm glad that two people noticed my work so thank you and I will continue to share my piece...hoping it will be appreciated.

no worries sir i am not here to engage on a debate on anyone just sharing my thought and opinion regarding on your essay.. anyway thanks din sa pag share ng essay mo.. i enjoyed reading your essay

Hehehe. Its every youths question in every generation.. Tanungin nyo mga magulang nyo.. baka magkaroon kayo insight sa buhay. Stop asking ur peers, ask the older generation. Take it or disregard it.🙏🏻

Hehehe. Its every youths question in every generation.. Tanungin nyo mga magulang nyo.. baka magkaroon kayo insight sa buhay. Stop asking ur peers, ask the older generation. Take it or disregard it.🙏🏻
Thank you for a wonderful advice. I already found mine and I hope everyone who failed will see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.