What's new

Closed Angry doc's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother pulls two toddlers, a son and daughter, to the ER while carrying an infant. "Walang OPD nang Linggo," your nurse tells them. Seeing the youngest is in distress, you check them up. Turns out, they came from the mountainside of the town. This is the parents' only free day.

"Hingang malalim, exhale," you instruct them while finding out ALL of them have pneumonia.

"Hingang malalim, exhale," you instruct yourself as you also find out there's a fourth child in the way. You check, the sick mother carries yet another in her womb. Due in one week.

You, a newbie doctor, scramble to calculate what drips to order. You admitted one but in effect, five.

You finally finished writing what meds to start to treat the sick family. Yet you still struggle to find answers for this sick nation.

You can't help but get angry: first, to the parents for not taking enough care of their offspring and not planning their family.

But then you think how many are impoverished by this very system that pushes the parents to labor day in day out just to provide food for the table.

You can't help but be angry: secondly, with yourself.

For all the privilege afforded to you, how can you not have any power to change this mess?

You step back, you have your limits. You are not alone. You are doing your best.

You can't help but be angry: third, at corrupt politicians and rich elite.

For all the profits and fat pockets are nothing but theft from workers' wages and farmer's harvest.

How dare they ride their fckin jet planes while my patient can barely afford their P20 trike ride?

You can't not be angry at the shitty mess of a system we have: the Haves got them all while all the Have-nots have are illness and poverty.

Where there are no guns to decimate the poor, the gross negligence of people's welfare is bound to starve and kill them.

And here you are, you bird app user. With the limited power vested on you by thy middle class privilege.

You can opt to dwell on daily petty nonsense or at least devote some time to know more and join the underserved's struggles. I hope I choose the latter. I hope we do.

On all fronts, the crazy man of the Palace wages war on the poor.

It's time to attack the titans, battle this system that cages people's dreams and spells death for the common people.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

parang komunista yung awtor nyan ts a...
?? why? If you were in his shoes, feeling so helpless and hopeless when very poor patients come to consult you, I bet you will agree with him... as I do! But maybe you are very rich not to understand the plight of the poor :(
Why right away being communist when you want to help very poor people? Is there no other option??

Last edited:
Tweet ng taga UP yan eh, di kailangan isisi sa gobyerno ang lahat, yung mga katulad mo din kasi nagpalala kung anong sitwasyon mayroon ang bansa natin, ipinamana ang mga sangdamakmak na problema ng mga nagdaang administrasyon, pilit ginagawan ng mga paraan yang mga problemang iyan, hindi perpekto ang kasalukuyan subalit mas higit na pipiliin ko yung ngayon kesa yung mga nagdaang namuno, pero hindi ko idinaan lahat ng tuligsa sa ganitong platform, sa halip ginampanan ko ang bagay na alam ko ay maaring maitutulong ko, maliit man ito, lalo na sa paningin ng mga katulad mo na pumuna na lang ng pumuna, at pumutak na lang ng pumutak, Tanong ko lang sayo ts, kung ang mga nasa Gobyerno ba ay panig sayo at sa gusto nyo, o ang pinunong dinala nyo ang syang nakaluklok ngayon, asan na kaya ang mga katulad mo? ang nag tweet ng doktor na yan, at yung mga karakter sa tweet na yun? Anong Pilipinas na kaya ang mayroon ngayon? Muli di ko idadaan sa dakdak at sisi, magpapatuloy ang buhay sila man o hindi sila ang nakaluklok

Tweet ng taga UP yan eh, di kailangan isisi sa gobyerno ang lahat, yung mga katulad mo din kasi nagpalala kung anong sitwasyon mayroon ang bansa natin, ipinamana ang mga sangdamakmak na problema ng mga nagdaang administrasyon, pilit ginagawan ng mga paraan yang mga problemang iyan, hindi perpekto ang kasalukuyan subalit mas higit na pipiliin ko yung ngayon kesa yung mga nagdaang namuno, pero hindi ko idinaan lahat ng tuligsa sa ganitong platform, sa halip ginampanan ko ang bagay na alam ko ay maaring maitutulong ko, maliit man ito, lalo na sa paningin ng mga katulad mo na pumuna na lang ng pumuna, at pumutak na lang ng pumutak, Tanong ko lang sayo ts, kung ang mga nasa Gobyerno ba ay panig sayo at sa gusto nyo, o ang pinunong dinala nyo ang syang nakaluklok ngayon, asan na kaya ang mga katulad mo? ang nag tweet ng doktor na yan, at yung mga karakter sa tweet na yun? Anong Pilipinas na kaya ang mayroon ngayon? Muli di ko idadaan sa dakdak at sisi, magpapatuloy ang buhay sila man o hindi sila ang nakaluklok
wow... what a long post coming from you :ROFLMAO:
I will just answer to this: "lalo na sa paningin ng mga katulad mo na pumuna na lang ng pumuna, at pumutak na lang ng pumutak"... You don't know me and you judge me by the anti-duterte/administration threads I make. You don't know what I do, what I did to help people... I know very well the problems encountered by indigenous and poor people because I work and volunteer to help. If I am anti-duterte it's because I see, on the field, what his policies are doing to these people. He is anti-poor. His way to alleviate poverty is to kill the poor, to cut on the education and health budget so he can have a nice private jet for example... I will never be on the side of a dictator, oligarchs, corrupt...

Status
Not open for further replies.