What's new

Good news!

Not often these days, that I stumble upon a piece of good news... so I decided to share it with you :)
I wish that renewable energies were more aggressively promoted in our country... Personally, I live 75% on solar since 2012 already and it's a blessing talaga: no brownout and cheap monthly bill :D

Top PH solar farm starts operations

Solar Philippines’ 150-megawatt Tarlac project has begun operations in time to help ease the country’s power shortage.

Company president Leandro Leviste said the firm’s Tarlac solar farm has a full capacity of 150 MW, which can help address the Luzon grid’s power shortage. The additional supply means averting rotating brownouts for up to 500,000 households, bigger than the entire residential demand of Tarlac.

Aside from being the biggest solar power-generation facility in the country, Solar Philippines’ Tarlac project also contracted with Meralco at P2.9999 a kWh, making it the lowest-cost power plant in the Philippines and the lowest-cost solar plant in Southeast Asia.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Not often these days, that I stumble upon a piece of good news... so I decided to share it with you :)
I wish that renewable energies were more aggressively promoted in our country... Personally, I live 75% on solar since 2012 already and it's a blessing talaga: no brownout and cheap monthly bill :D

Solar Philippines’ 150-megawatt Tarlac project has begun operations in time to help ease the country’s power shortage.

Company president Leandro Leviste said the firm’s Tarlac solar farm has a full capacity of 150 MW, which can help address the Luzon grid’s power shortage. The additional supply means averting rotating brownouts for up to 500,000 households, bigger than the entire residential demand of Tarlac.

Aside from being the biggest solar power-generation facility in the country, Solar Philippines’ Tarlac project also contracted with Meralco at P2.9999 a kWh, making it the lowest-cost power plant in the Philippines and the lowest-cost solar plant in Southeast Asia.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
Nice nice , may malasakit talaga ang ating mahal na pangulong duterte , sana magpatayo pa ng maraming kagaya nito sa buong bansa

dito sa amin sa mga bukid na parts, yung di maabot ng mga electrical posts/lines ay naka solar na. tama no brownout talaga

Aba teka, iba na mga pinopost mo ngayon ah hahaha
btw maganda nga din kasi atsaka natural
I made several other threads about climate change, you know... ;)

Sana mag-developp sila maraming ibang solar plants or wind farms... Especially that these energies not only are becoming a lot cheaper but also they generate a lot of jobs! It's a win/win for everybody... we just need a real political will and not only a pre-electoral show-off...

Aba aba parang natauhan kana haa. Ipagpatuloy mo lang yan. Yan ganyan e appreciate mo mga magandang ginagawa ni Duterte. Para mas ganahan pangulo natin.
this has nothing to see with duterte... other solar plants were made under Pnoy!
To me, either Pnoy or duterte were/are really not bolder enough in promoting and developing renewable energies

Magtatayo ng Wind (windmill) Pano kung walang hangin?
Magtatayo ng Solar Pano kung makulimlim?
You never heard about batteries?? Nowadays, batteries are smaller and more reliable. The Tesla batteries are the best for big-scale plants... even for an individual if you have the (big) budget for!
There are even airports in the world running 100% on solar!

I live 75% on solar since 2012 with a small setup, even in rainy season, my batteries are always charged.

And, something important, solar is now cheaper than coal even here in the Philippines... so why using dirty diesel or coal which pollute the environment and destroy our health?

You never heard about batteries?? Nowadays, batteries are smaller and more reliable. The Tesla batteries are the best for big-scale plants... even for an individual if you have the (big) budget for!

I live 75% on solar since 2012 with a small setup, even in rainy season, my batteries are always charged.

And, something important, solar is now cheaper than coal even here in the Philippines... so why using dirty diesel or coal which pollute the environment and destroy our health?

Meron ako nyan lifePo4 32650 battery, sa ngayon 72pcs palang mahal kase 100ah in total

lithium batt to, diba? Mahirap sa solar... need special charger pag lithium...
Yes hindi lahat ng SCC o solar charge controller eh compatible dito, pero halos lahat nman sa ngayon lalo na MPPT controller mo is pwede sya gamitin, nagamit din ako ng active balancer para every cell sabay sabay mapuno o ma discharge.

Ano set-up mo ng solar? ilang kw panel kung 75% solar gamit mo

Hello po bossing, to power up water deepwell, anu anu po need ko mga materyales? At best estimate nyo po magkano budget? Salamat..

wow, this is great news. sana mas marami pang entities ang makagawa ng ganitong initiatives to raise more awareness about this

wow good news talaga yan. solar power gives additional power. additional power means less brownout. patuloy tayo mag pray na mabago ang ating energy regulartory rulings. para naman ung mga maliliit na gustong mag solar ay ma encourage at present kasi pag ung production mo sa solar e sumobra bayad ka pa.

Back