What's new

Closed My first online website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahal ang python powered servers. Tsaka baguhan palang siya, bakit ka mag susuggest ng high level language? Pabibo lang ganern?

noname18 suggestion is not a bad one. It's one of the possible good choices out there. Python is not a low level language like assembly or C. Django makes it easy (well easy is a relative term) to build websites just like with Ruby on Rails. Creating a simple html web page with plain JavaScript and CSS isn't difficult at all (I guess this is also relative to the person). You can do it less than a day (again I'm bias here). The difficult part is when you go beyond simple. The devil is in the details.

The reason why frameworks like Django are worth learning is when you work with a team of developers, you guys have a base expectation of the dev workflow. Also you do not want to create your own framework (unless one you are solving a problem that current frameworks aren't capable yet).

We should also not dismiss noname's suggestion regarding the free hosting on Heroku. So let's see how hard is to deploy an app in Heroku and let's see if it's really free.

Here's what I did:
1. Create an account in Heroku
2. I installed the heroku client for mac via brew install heroku/brew/heroku
3. I logged in to the heroku client
4. I cloned this NodeJS starter project You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
5. I went to the project's directory via terminal
6.I typed heroku create
7. Suddenly my test app is freely hosted in Heroku.
You can verify it by going to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

For full instructions, you can go here You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Wow. I'm surprised. It's that easy. No money down. I got a free hosting. Anyone can create an account. Anyone can run a command on a terminal. I don't think you need to be ultra intelligent to do those steps. Also it's free.

Back to the topic of frameworks. I am not suggesting that the person skips learning the basics and intricacies of the language whether it's Python, Java, JavaScript etc. You got to learn those.

If we wanna really skip the discussion of framework and we want to minimize the technology, then we should not focus yet on html and css implementation but rather focus on the principles of good UI design.

Some questionable decisions on the OP's website:

• White fonts on a very busy background. WHY?
  • Centered text content. WHY?
  • Semi transparent drop-down. WHY?
  • Proper grammar. Ok I'll be lenient on this one

You don't need html or css expertise to understand why those are not good design decisions.

noname18 suggestion is not a bad one. It's one of the possible good choices out there. Python is not a low level language like assembly or C. Django makes it easy (well easy is a relative term) to build websites just like with Ruby on Rails. Creating a simple html web page with plain JavaScript and CSS isn't difficult at all (I guess this is also relative to the person). You can do it less than a day (again I'm bias here). The difficult part is when you go beyond simple. The devil is in the details.

The reason why frameworks like Django are worth learning is when you work with a team of developers, you guys have a base expectation of the dev workflow. Also you do not want to create your own framework (unless one you are solving a problem that current frameworks aren't capable yet).

We should also not dismiss noname's suggestion regarding the free hosting on Heroku. So let's see how hard is to deploy an app in Heroku and let's see if it's really free.

Here's what I did:
1. Create an account in Heroku
2. I installed the heroku client for mac via brew install heroku/brew/heroku
3. I logged in to the heroku client
4. I cloned this NodeJS starter project You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
5. I went to the project's directory via terminal
6.I typed heroku create
7. Suddenly my test app is freely hosted in Heroku.
You can verify it by going to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

For full instructions, you can go here You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Wow. I'm surprised. It's that easy. No money down. I got a free hosting. Anyone can create an account. Anyone can run a command on a terminal. I don't think you need to be ultra intelligent to do those steps. Also it's free.

Back to the topic of frameworks. I am not suggesting that the person skips learning the basics and intricacies of the language whether it's Python, Java, JavaScript etc. You got to learn those.

Ok pixkit very awesome OPINION :)

light or dark background nafo focus kc attentuon sa background hindi sa content layout should be header body footer

Status
Not open for further replies.