Not open for further replies.

Argument

Forum Guru
Elite
Solutions
Reaction
“If you think math is hard, try web design.”

Learning Web Design

Web design” is a pretty open-ended term. Often people who are new to web design feel overwhelmed at everything there is to learn. That’s understandable, but just remember that it’s like any other discipline; with proper dedication and focus you’ll progress quickly. Here’s my favorite advice to new web designers on learning web design:

Learn how the web works.

I’m always amazed at how many web designers focus on learning “just what they need to know” and ignore how the web actually works. Without understanding how web servers, protocols, browsers, and other related web technology works, you’ll never really understand the context of why you do the things you do, and what makes one practice better than another.

Determine an area of focus, and start there.

There are a lot of areas of web design that you could specialize in, so I’d recommend learning as much about them as you can, to determine which areas interest you. Then, spend as much time learning about your specific area of focus as possible. Once you achieve a level of proficiency, begin to branch out into other areas as well.

Never stop learning

The web is constantly evolving. Even if you become the absolute best there is in a specific field, chances are new techniques and approaches will come along within the year that will make your current skill set less desirable. Understand that being a good web designer means embracing the changing nature of the web.

Break things!

There is no better teacher than experience. Build and experiment constantly. Ask yourself, “what would happen if I?...” or “wonder if I could build?...” and then go out and build it. If you’re like me, you’ll fail a good bit of the time, but the process of trying things and breaking them will make you that much better. Always challenge yourself.

Diba yung Web Design yan yung UI/UX ba na tinutukoy nila sa mga Job Openings sa mga companies? pero feel ko necessary parin dumaan jan kung may balak pumunta sa Back-End Role ang isang IT/CS Grad.

May math parin ang web design pero un nga lng di maxado agressive sa mathematics. kung may mahirap man na mga courses yun yung Engineering like all of those na engineering courses haha. di kasi ako engineering grad. kaya di ko rin alam ang pakiramdam ng nag aaral sa engineering course.

Status
Not open for further replies.