What's new

Practical english lounge

Awesome! Thank you for creating this lounge and for the advice! :)

I want to improve my English communication skills too. Anyone would like to share some thoughts? :)

Awesome! Thank you for creating this lounge and for the advice! :)

I want to improve my English communication skills too. Anyone would like to share some thoughts? :)
Mostly welcome. :) Besides the comm. skills, what other reasons have you got why you wanted to hone your English command?

Mostly welcome. :) Besides the comm. skills, what other reasons have you got why you wanted to hone your English command?
I want to get promoted as a team leader :) I believe communication skills are one of the major keys for me to succeed. Also, I would like to stop using Grammarly :cautious:

Thank you guys for making this lounge, i hope i can improve my english comprehension, because my english writing and speaking skill is very bloody bad.

I want to get promoted as a team leader :) I believe communication skills are one of the major keys for me to succeed. Also, I would like to stop using Grammarly :cautious:
Indeed, being Grammarly dependent makes the brain dull up to its moronic stage. It also does not help with honing your so-called "language style and usage." Looking through your situation, it is super easy to help yourself. Learn the grammar of the chosen language (i.e., English) and you are good to go. For you have already mastered the "Expression" or style and usage and all you need is some or even one English Grammar Book. Try the Blue Book of English Grammar by Jane Strauss, it may be of great help to you. But if you want it from the very basic level. PM me. It is quite embarrassing, that is why. :D

Thank you guys for making this lounge, i hope i can improve my english comprehension, because my english writing and speaking skill is very bloody bad.
Reading does help. First, immerse then express without any concern about "grammar" then finally, furnish it with learning grammar, style, and usage. Writing is never easy without the "flow." That's the main reason why "grammar" should be your "least" concern when doing so. Want some ways on how to enrich your lexicon? Dictionaries. :D For more info and help, do PM me. For only those who truly seek it will do everything for it. :)

Last edited:
Indeed, being Grammarly dependent makes the brain dull up to its moronic stage. It also does not help with honing your so-called "language style and usage." Looking through your situation, it is super easy to help yourself. Learn the grammar of the chosen language (i.e., English) and you are good to go. For you have already mastered the "Expression" or style and usage and all you need is some or even one English Grammar Book. Try the Blue Book of English Grammar by Jane Strauss, it may be of great help to you. But if you want it from the very basic level. PM me. It is quite embarrassing, that is why. :D

Reading does help. First, immerse then express without any concern about "grammar" then finally, furnish it with learning grammar, style, and usage. Writing is never easy without the "flow." That's the main reason why "grammar" should be your "least" concern when doing so. Want some ways on how to enrich your lexicon? Dictionaries. :D For more info and help, do PM me. For only those who truly seek it will do everything for it. :)
I will deffintely try that book as well :) And as what you've said on your post, that Vocabulary is the key - I just started practicing while whatching to Rachel's English - 105 English Vocabulary Words on YøùTùbé :)

Thank you very much!

Back