What's new

Smartbro won't connect to the internet despite having load

carluy96

Enthusiast
Reaction
My SmartBRO pocket WiFi worked quite well the first week I used it, but when my load expired and I reloaded to a certain promo, it hasn't connected since.

It still connects to my devices, but there is no internet to speak of.

It does have that yellow exclamation mark on the WiFi symbol when connected on my laptop, and when I prompt to use the troubleshooter, it says that the DNS isn't responding.

I'm not much of a tech guy, so I'd appreciate any type of help regarding this issue. Admittedly, it's become really frustrating turning the pocket WiFi on and off again.

no i thinks so but someone knows how to fix it i gues

d kasi sko nakagamit ng pocket wifi sa smart mobile data kasi gamit ko na try ko si smart na block eh
may palatandaan si smart kung blocked d na lalabas yong mobile indicator nya

is the signal bar blinking or lit up solid? if it's lit up solid, possible block yang sim mo for heavy usage.

With my device, the signal bar is red and does blink when I restart it, but solid or otherwise invisible when in use.

Honestly sa tingin ko po very likely po 'hung cause an sinabi n'yo. I relied heavily on my PW.

no i thinks so but someone knows how to fix it i gues

d kasi sko nakagamit ng pocket wifi sa smart mobile data kasi gamit ko na try ko si smart na block eh
may palatandaan si smart kung blocked d na lalabas yong mobile indicator nya
If I may ask po, which is the mobile indicator as device? Ang hindi lang po nagla-light up ay 'yung signal bar symbol po. Appreciate the responses po.

With my device, the signal bar is red and does blink when I restart it, but solid or otherwise invisible when in use.

Honestly sa tingin ko po very likely po 'hung cause an sinabi n'yo. I relied heavily on my PW.
possible block yang sim mo for heavy usage, just call smart customer service *888, let them know that data indicator wont turn on or when you go to GUI page of your pocket wifi - connect button wont work.

possible block yang sim mo for heavy usage, just call smart customer service *888, let them know that data indicator wont turn on or when you go to GUI page of your pocket wifi - connect button wont work.
Will do po, I'll see if that'll be the solution I'm looking for. Seems blocking is common with these things based on what I've read in other threads.

block na po yan kapag red bar
'Di ko po namalayan na block na pala indication noon. Akala ko 'di lang s'ya makasagap ng signal.

Will do po, I'll see if that'll be the solution I'm looking for. Seems blocking is common with these things based on what I've read in other threads.
when you access the GUI page of your pocket wifi, is the signal bar has an "x" marked? what about try to hit on connect button, if it wont work - block nga yang sim mo. call trams nalang, they'll create a case/ticket, then data connection will restore within 24-48hours..

when you access the GUI page of your pocket wifi, is the signal bar has an "x" marked? what about try to hit on connect button, if it wont work - block nga yang sim mo. call trams nalang, they'll create a case/ticket, then data connection will restore within 24-48hours..
How does one open the GUI page for this po? I apologize, I'm undoubtedly a n00b in this situation.

How does one open the GUI page for this po? I apologize, I'm undoubtedly a n00b in this situation.

1. Make sure your connected to your pocket wifi
2. open your browser
3. in the address bar, type 192.168.1.1 and hit on enter
4. the log-in password (if you haven't changed it yet) type "smartbro"

try this ( credit to: askhideki.com)

1. Access You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. it is a bit tricky, as you will need another internet access because in the first place, your SMART SIM wont let you connect to the internet.
  2. If you can access SMART’s site, good for you, you have to manage your SIM account on the web interface. Register your number (the one that was blocked and you wish to unblock) if you haven’t done so.
  3. After successful login, select the number, then go Phone & SIM option and select International Roaming.
  4. Choose deactivate service, then submit.
  5. Voila, that’s it.
Be sure your device with the SIM that needs unblocking is on airplane mode or not powered on.

Wait for a few minutes and try to connect.

SMART-CONNECTED.png

Enjoy! Just repeat the process if ever you gets blocked again.

same as mine, my smart bro blocked 5days dont have data and i already call smart hotline and sending email but still my problem wont solve
#rip smart bro
#red tide is real

Back