Professora Akira

☯️ SôulNinetãiL☯️
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction
Tip#1
Practice speaking English alone
-
It is so important to be able to speak English alone. It will give you the opportunity to improve your skills without all the distractions of having someone else respond to or react to what you are saying.
You can practice speaking English alone by simply describing what you are doing right now or at the meantime. It doesn’t matter if you are at home, at work at the grocery store or anywhere, just speak softly to yourself as you are doing it. This way, you are learning and practising speaking English in context.

Tip#2
Shadowing English exercises
-What is Shadowing? To shadow someone to learn a language means to observe them in their environment doing the things they normally do. In other words, when you shadow someone you are learning how to speak the language by observing how they speak it.
Shadowing is the best way to learn how to speak a language quickly. It is a great way to make sure you are using the correct pronunciation and the correct grammar. By that you will be surprised how much you will pick up even if you are just watching and not talking yourself. It is a little like “muscle memory” except that you are memorizing the right words and the right pronunciations instead of the movements you need to perform a certain task.

Example of shadowing:
-Watch an easy English TV series or a YøùTùbé video. Listen to a sentence, stop the video, then try to repeat what they said exactly. You may need to repeat the same sentence a few times to get the same pronunciation.

Tip#3
Listen and record yourself

-By listening to yourself speaking and then comparing the recording with what you heard, you will be able to hear and identify problems instantly. You should do this daily also. You can also record yourself speaking some sentences or dialogues you learned, or by reading English articles, you will be immersed in the language without even realizing it.

Tip#4
Learning English with songs/tongue twisters as well
-Memorizing your favourite English songs will help you improve your English by simply hearing the language. This is an excellent way to improve your listening skills also. The words and the music of the songs will become embedded in your mind. You should also listen to songs you don’t like. Why? Simply because it will toughen up your ear and make it more sensitive to the language. Find the English lyrics (words to the song) and then start singing along with the music. Remember, learn the correct words as well.Tongue Twistrs help clarify the pronunciation of words and also
stretch and strengthen the muscles which you use to speak.

Tip#5
English speaking practice with yourself in the mirror
-
Practicing your English speaking in the mirror helps you become more confident in speaking. If you do this often enough, you will soon find it easier to speak English naturally even when you are not practicing.

Tip#6
Use Flashcards
Used flashcards as an aide to improve your speaking and listening skills. Try making a bunch of them up (one for each day of the week) and then put a different English word or group of English words on each one. Then, you can start practising speaking about what is on the flashcards.

Tip#7
Practice speaking with audio messages or voice notes

try sending voice notes or audio messages. This will force you to speak more than just write. It will also force you to pay attention to your pronunciation and to use proper English. It will also improve your listening skills because now you will have to pay attention to what people are saying instead of just reading what they say to you.Send your voice notes or audio messages to yourself and then respond to them. All of this combined will improve your speaking skills tremendously. You can use your voice recorder app on your phone as well for this exercise.

Tip#8
Speaking with reading
A great English speaking practice is by reading English aloud. You can do this by messages from friends, reading social media posts, reading emails at work, as long as you are reading it out loud so that you can hear it. You can practise your English speaking a lot when it comes to reading.

Tip#9
Learn Popular English Phrases
-The benefit of learning popular English phrases is because it helps you be more understandable and relatable to your friends and family who may not be as advanced in their English language skills as you. Plus, knowing these phrases will also help you when you travel because you will have something useful to say.
If you learn just 10 or 20 of the most common English phrases, it will make your conversations much more interesting and enjoyable. Don’t just learn English phrases, but practice speaking them.

Tip#10
Surround yourself with English
The more English you are exposed to, the faster you will grow your English skills Listen to English songs, watch English movies and series. Completely surrounding yourself with English every day.

excerpt from ESL/englishclub

Thank you for sharing po, Late support here.

I just also wanna share my thoughts about this post. During my high school days and as i freshman i set a goal that english would my forte, that i must learn from it and be able to write and speak confidently. That is why i always read books, short stories, novels and news papers. i love watching anime' and back then anime's are dubbed in english and whenever i here a word from them i get my pen and write it down on my tiny notebook and after watching i look the meaning of that word on my english- tagalog dictionary. And i'm quit amaze 'coz whenever i hear our teacher talking in front of the class i can barely understand what she says. I would'nt say that i'm fluent but even right now i'm still learning how to be confident in front of the crowd.

haynaku prof.. ang hirap mag compose ha.. haahhaha.. pero salamat po dahil sa post nyo na ito ay alam maraming buhay ang mababago.. Tandaan nyo lang... practice to be more confident because no one is perfect hehe......

Thank you for sharing po, Late support here.

I just also wanna share my thoughts about this post. During my high school days and as i freshman i set a goal that english would my forte, that i must learn from it and be able to write and speak confidently. That is why i always read books, short stories, novels and news papers. i love watching anime' and back then anime's are dubbed in english and whenever i here a word from them i get my pen and write it down on my tiny notebook and after watching i look the meaning of that word on my english- tagalog dictionary. And i'm quit amaze 'coz whenever i hear our teacher talking in front of the class i can barely understand what she says. I would'nt say that i'm fluent but even right now i'm still learning how to be confident in front of the crowd.

haynaku prof.. ang hirap mag compose ha.. haahhaha.. pero salamat po dahil sa post nyo na ito ay alam maraming buhay ang mababago.. Tandaan nyo lang... practice to be more confident because no one is perfect hehe......
hehe thanks for sharing your thoughts,gladly appreciate it .

Back