News & Current Events

All about major events in the Philippines and all over the world.
Duterte approves telco franchise of Villar-owned Streamtech President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the franchise of the Villar-owned Streamtech Systems Technologies Inc. to provide nationwide telecommunications services. The President signed Republic Act No. 11089 on Oct. 18, 2018, allowing Streamtech “to construct, install, establish, operate and maintain telecommunications systems throughout the Philippines.” “The franchise shall be in effect for a period of 25 years,” the law said. The Villar family, known for real estate development, was looking for prospective partners in its bid to be the country’s third telco player. “The family is looking seriously at getting involved in the telecom side. When I say seriously, it’s possibly...
"First 2 or 3 yrs of martial law, you can open your window. Leave the house. Nobody will touch it. That's how peaceful the country was" - Enrile "So it wasn't the typical country under military rule. There's tanks on the streets... " - Bongbong "No, the people we're free" - Enrile Do you think Marcos did what is right when he declared martial law? Do you think Marcos is abusive to his power? Is the history revised to favor one side?
The 'Complicated' hitmaker has been through the "worst years" of her life after struggling with the debilitating condition but is thankful she's making her return to music and will release new single 'Head Above Water' on September 19. She wrote in a note on her website: "I spent the last few years at home sick fighting Lyme Disease. Those were the worst years of my life as I went through both physical and emotional battles... "Thank you for waiting so patiently as I fought through and still continue to fight, the battle of my lifetime. The first song I am choosing to release is called 'Head Above Water'. #WelcomeBackBabe :):):)
Police auxilary arrested on selling drugs A Joint buy bust operation by PDEA and DCPO PS-1sta ana. held today Oct 24 2018 3:30pm Danny Boy Patulot, 46 yrs of age,Police auxilary,residing at YCF Village, Fatima, Barangay San Antonio, Agdao, Davao city an agent posted as a buyer and transaction at same time when the law enforcement agencies arrested danny. recovered on his possesion the following A. 3 sachets of suspected shabu B. 2pcs of aluminum foils C. marked money used on transaction D. lighter as o the moment he is still under custody of the said police station while the said station is in process for filling case of RA9165 legal proccedures been stated and implemented for the named person above Photo attached source...
Woke up to the news this morning that senators and congressmen comprising Congress’ bicameral conference committee has just approved the "Expanded Maternity Leave" bill by adding five more days to the proposed 100-day leave. Good news dapat itong 105-day maternity leave, right? Especially for women currently in the workforce. But why do I feel like naaprubahan lang ito dahil sa nalalapit na eleksiyon? In addition, good luck din to all women na nagbabalak pa lang maging parte ng labor force. Your thoughts on this?
President Rodrigo Duterte’s administration refers to its “Build, Build, Build” as the “most ambitious infrastructure program in the history of the country,” but it turned out the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) fell way below target and even cost the government millions in bank fees. The Commission on Audit (COA) report on the DPWH for 2017 revealed that P73.351 billion worth of infrastructure projects were either delayed, suspended, terminated, or unimplemented. The delay and non-implementation of projects also resulted in a very low utilization of funds for the DPWH, which cost the agency P27.647 million in commitment fees to banks. “This indicates that management was not able to effectively manage the increasing...
REAL LIFE IN THE PHILIPPINES -payag ba kayo mga paps na may national minimum wage sa pinas para lahat pantay-pantay. -yung ibang taga probinsiya pumupunta ng manila dahil mataas daw ang sahod pero yung cost of living napakamahal naman so parang wala din. -kanino bang presidente nagsimula ang manimum wage. -sabi ng iba nung naupo na daw si cory dun na nag hirap ang pilipinas is it true? -bakit pagdating sa sahod yung mayaman lalong yumayaman yung mahirap lalong naghihirap. -yung iba daming reklamo sa sahod pero sa luho walang reklamo haha. -kaya ba marami pumupunta sa ibang bansa?
Back