experience

Experience refers to conscious events in general, more specifically to perceptions, or to the practical knowledge and familiarity that is produced by these conscious processes. Understood as a conscious event in the widest sense, experience involves a subject to which various items are presented. In this sense, seeing a yellow bird on a branch presents the subject with the objects "bird" and "branch", the relation between them and the property "yellow". Unreal items may be included as well, which happens when experiencing hallucinations or dreams. When understood in a more restricted sense, only sensory consciousness counts as experience. In this sense, experience is usually identified with perception and contrasted with other types of conscious events, like thinking or imagining. In a slightly different sense, experience refers not to the conscious events themselves but to the practical knowledge and familiarity they produce. In this sense, it is important that direct perceptual contact with the external world is the source of knowledge. So an experienced hiker is someone who actually lived through many hikes, not someone who merely read many books about hiking. This is associated both with recurrent past acquaintance and the abilities learned through them.
Many scholarly debates on the nature of experience focus on experience as conscious event, either in the wide or the more restricted sense. One important topic in this field is the question of whether all experiences are intentional, i.e. are directed at objects different from themselves. Another debate focuses on the question of whether there are non-conceptual experiences and, if so, what role they could play in justifying beliefs. Some theorists claim that experiences are transparent, meaning that what an experience feels like only depends on the contents presented in this experience. Other theorists reject this claim by pointing out that what matters is not just what is presented but also how it is presented.
A great variety of types of experiences is discussed in the academic literature. Perceptual experiences, for example, represent the external world through stimuli registered and transmitted by the senses. The experience of episodic memory, on the other hand, involves reliving a past event one experienced before. In imaginative experience, objects are presented without aiming to show how things actually are. The experience of thinking involves mental representations and the processing of information, in which ideas or propositions are entertained, judged or connected. Pleasure refers to experience that feels good. It is closely related to emotional experience, which has additionally evaluative, physiological and behavioral components. Moods are similar to emotions, with one key difference being that they lack a specific object found in emotions. Conscious desires involve the experience of wanting something. They play a central role in the experience of agency, in which intentions are formed, courses of action are planned, and decisions are taken and realized. Non-ordinary experience refers to rare experiences that significantly differ from the experience in the ordinary waking state, like religious experiences, out-of-body experiences or near-death experiences.
Experience is discussed in various disciplines. Phenomenology is the science of the structure and contents of experience. It uses different methods, like epoché or eidetic variation. Sensory experience is of special interest to epistemology. An important traditional discussion in this field concerns whether all knowledge is based on sensory experience, as empiricists claim, or not, as rationalists contend. This is closely related to the role of experience in science, in which experience is said to act as a neutral arbiter between competing theories. In metaphysics, experience is involved in the mind-body problem and the hard problem of consciousness, both of which try to explain the relation between matter and experience. In psychology, some theorists hold that all concepts are learned from experience while others argue that some concepts are innate.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  1. R

LF Work 9 Years of experience as Graphic Designer

MY PORTFOLIO Home | Ruel U. Aparicio Ruel Aparicio Dear PHC, With 9 years of experience in graphic designing, throughout my career, I have honed my skills in branding, typography, photo manipulation, banner for events and occasions and lastly in clothing designs. I have a strong understanding...
  2. L

Udemy | Teaching Online: Motivation, Experience, Marketing, Income | Limited Time Only | April 11, 2024

Teaching Online in Udemy: Motivation, Experience, Marketing course by MTF Institute (Unofficial Udemy course) What you will learn: ✅We will be happy to work with other instructors, and build partnership, if you interested, please send your CV and proposal to our email ✅Teaching Online...
  3. L

Course Udemy | *****ing the Code: Demystifying Computer Viruses | Limited Time Only | April 08, 2024

Computer Viruses, Malware, Purpose of Computer Viruses, Spread of Computer Viruses, Difference between Viruses & Malware What you will learn: ✅What is the meaning of Computer Virus? ✅Why do people create Viruses? ✅How do viruses spread? ✅What is the difference between Computer Virus and...
  4. R

Trivia DEPRESSION AND I ( TAGALOG-ENGLISH)

Hello my name is Reina and this is my story . People know me as a cheerful kind of person i love making people happy because it fills my soul. I live in a country listed as one of the best country in the world the land of the rising sun ” Japan” . The way of life is almost perfect here. I’ve...
  5. R

Help Sino naka experience na ng ganto 16gb ddr4 ram 2x pero 8gb usable

Hellow guys enlighten me di ako sanay sa ganto tama bato ? i have 16gb ram 8gb2x ddr4 then sa bios is 8gb lang yung binasa tapos sa task manager ganyan sa pic above updated naman mobo ko biostar450mph at supported niya up to 64gb, diko alam ni try kona din linisin socket nya pinagswap ko ng slot...
  6. J

UDEMY - Chief Customer Experience Officer Executive Certification

Chief Customer Experience Officer Executive Certification Hidden content
  7. M

Gusto ko lang ishare experience ko kay juris

Hello hahaha gusto ko lang experience ko kay juris ng fb hahahah blinock ako sa lahat ng gaming group nya kasi kinequestion ko pag post nya ng IPTV na binebenta nya hahahaah ehh pang gaming group nga yun hahahaha baka may alam kayong gaming group na mas okay yung community salamat hahaha
  8. U

LF Talent HIRING!!!!! VOICE ACCOUNT SALES PERSON DAPAT MAY EXPERIENCE SA SALES

IF MAY experience ka sa sales voice account pasok ka dito please pm me pass sa newbies di kami mg tratrain
  9. P

Help MORAL EXPERIENCE

What are the fundamental elements that make up a moral experience? Explain each element.
  10. F

Beginner's Experience

11. I

Can a VPN really make us "anonymous"? (Answered based on experience and research)

For those of you who don't know, a VPN (Virtual Private Network) masks your IP to hide your real IP and overrides your DNS to keep you safe from malicious domains and IPs. So does it really make us anonymous? Technically it does, and it really does keep you safe but only if the VPN provider is...
  12. N

CSE experience

First timer ako magtake cse. Grabe 15mins nalang nasa 100 item pa ko kaya ipinagbahala ko nalang yung mga natirang items. sa sobrang pressure ko nasagotan ko yung 171-175 huhu😭😭😭 Serves as a lesson nalang talaga. Di rin kasi ako nagreview. Bawi nxt time hahaa
  13. Y

PlayStation Play Station 5 Jailbreak Sino na naka Experience?

As per the title, Sino na po nakaranas ng Jailbreak para sa PS5? Musta po experience niyo?
  14. G

Help Na experience nyo naba? Pag nag call kayo?

Naka tanggap ako ng missed call sa number ko unang number called me 2x pero diko masagot tapos naka tagged as spam number sya agad nung pag punta ko sa phone history nag send ako ng text nag sent naman sya pero nung tinatawagan ko na ang sabi ng IVR thebnumber you are calling is not yet in...
  15. J

Help Baka may naka experience sa karamdaman ko

kadagising ko sa umaga tapos dumudura may kasamang dugo(not much) tapos rusty color, if i force ko i dura mas lalala yung dugo, ty sa maka sagot! (excuse my tagalog)
  16. S

Course [Udemy 2-5-24 Limited] Learn UI UX Design Adobe XD : Learn User Experience Design

Description Welcome to the ultimate Adobe XD Masterclass, where you'll transform your design ideas into stunning user interfaces and engaging user experiences! This comprehensive Udemy course is your ticket to becoming a proficient UI/UX designer, whether you're a beginner or an experienced...
  17. B

Nintendo Mod Chip. Any risks and negative experience? please post.

Im about to try modding my swtich oled. Pwede pahingi heads up or advise sa mga nakaexperience na. Thank u
  18. L

Help Smart and TNT Sino naka experience ng ganito?

Guys sino ba naka experience ng connection sa smart or TNT na simula 11pm ng gabi hanggan 6am nang umaga napakabilis ng connection gaya ng screenshot ko, tapos pagdating ng 7am to 10pm maayos naman connection pero ang problema ko lagi nawawala ang connection tapos bumabalik ulit, malapit kami sa...
  19. J

Help BURGMAN STREE EX. YOUR CURRENT EXPERIENCE.

Mga boss canvas lang po ako ng mga experience niyo kay BurgmanStreet EX. Planning to buy this feb. kindly share your cons and pros, maraming salamat <3
  20. K

Help How to improve user experience? Bot only

How designer to improve user experience by combining emotions in computing, using multiple modes of interaction? #bot
  21. A

Why I don't like globe as an ISP. (based on my experience)

Why I don't like globe as an ISP? Here's why. (Based on my experience) Here's speed test without VPN: Upload is higher. Download is lower. Which is utterly BS. When pinging google.com it has frequent RTOs (request time out) without connecting to the VPN. Cloudflare Warp VPN to the rescue...
  22. B

Help Sniper 155 experience

Sa mga naka pag sniper 155 na almost or longer than 1 year. kumusta experience nyo? ano mga minor issues na naencounter nyo at ma rerecommend nyo parin ba?
  23. E

Referral Legit Free Bitcoin Earning Opportunity: My Experience with Krypto Machine

In the vast sea of cryptocurrency websites promising free earnings for simple tasks, it's challenging to separate the genuine opportunities from the scams. Recently, my quest for a legitimate free Bitcoin earning platform led me to the discovery of Krypto Machine. Skeptical at first, I decided...
  24. J

Course UDEMY - Etsy: The Ultimate Guide to Boosting Your Business 12/05/2023

Grab na guys habang available pa. just please hit like button for more useful sharing. thanks Hidden content *Take note that this is limited time only guys. Enjoy 😊
  25. J

Course UDEMY - User Experience Design Professional Certification 12/04/2023

Grab na guys habang available pa. just please hit like button for more useful sharing. thanks Hidden content *Take note that this is limited time only guys. Enjoy 😊
  26. E

LF Work Pa tips naman sa mga may experience na sa final interview sa vxi call center

i just passed my initial interview this day tips sana for final interview yung mga out of the box questions like for example how can you introduce used towel to your costumer ? how can you express love if you are a cactus ? If you are a worm how will you convince a bird not to eat you ? like...
  27. K

Help Looking for laravel backend dev for capstone rush yung may experience na sa shoes ecommerce

looking for laravel dev or team na kayang mag rush ng project kahit yung may gawa na dati basta matapos lang project namin walang kwenta dev na nakausap namin dati eh ayaw kami sipatin for capstone purpose
  28. P

Course [LIMITED] UDEMY PREM'IUM COURSE I HOW TO BECOME A CLOUD ARCHITECT WITH NO EXPERIENCE | CERTIFICATE GUARANTEED I DEEPMODS

This course includes: 2 hours on-demand video Access on mobile and TV Full lifetime access Certificate of completion What you'll learn Why you should consider becoming a cloud architect How to get started learning about cloud architecture What is the salary range of a cloud architect What are...
  29. K

My first anniversary experience

Ngayon lng ako nakaranas ng anniversary haha, pero ano ba yung mga possible na pagsubok na kakaharapin namin pagtagal ng relasyon namen. And ano po ma suggest nyo para mapatibay pa namn kung ano man ang meron kami
  30. S

Help Research introduction "the study on the effectiveness of customers experience and satisfaction of ambiance and good services of restaurant" (bot)

Research introduction "the study on the effectiveness of customers experience and satisfaction of ambiance and good services of restaurant"
  31. S

No Experience Needed: Getting Your First Interview In The Video Games Industry by Anne-Christine Gasc

Dowload and Access this E-Book/PDF file for FREE. 😉 Book Description: You can’t get the job without the experience but you can’t get the experience without the job. This book explains the problem faced by hiring managers to help you understand what you are up against, and it gives you...
  32. C

G·TM TM UnliFunAliw Experience

Share ko lang experience ko with unli funaliw (nawala na kasi unlidata ko T_T) Wala na akong all-access data. And Facebook apps lang na access kapag nakasalpak sa modem (R051) yung sim ko, also pag bypass naman gamit yung mga funaliw configs dito ayaw mag connect (302 lagi) So gigastories...
  33. R

Help Baka may naka experience sa karamdaman ko

Nababahala napo kasi baka may naka experience na neto, Parang may plema o ano mang bumabara sa lalamunan na parang malapot pero kapag spit ko is parang laway na mabula, tas minsan din pag spit ko may bahid ng dugo, any suggestions po?huhu nagpa sputum na ako negative naman laway ko
  34. P

Anyone can share there real life experience?

Just curious lang po, kung paano kayo nakakatawid every problem, every sucess, every fail, or everytime you feel useless. Since graduating student ako, hindi ko pa alam kung anong gagawin ko in the future, papaano ko laalgpas yung problema kapag dumating, anong gagawin ko kapag nag success ako...
  35. K

Help Anong sulit sim/Telco best experience mo?

Anong masasabi mo po sa experience na sulit sa bulsa ang mga promo nila at event sa mga telco dito sa pinas, comes with Internet access & Call to Txt?? DITO VS SMART ( TNT, SUN) or GLOBE ( TM, CHERRY SIM)
  36. R

Help Unli go149(promo bypass using modem?) in my experience

Mga sir working naman yung mga vpn pang bypass sa unli go149 promo pag nakadata ako pero sa dalawang modem ko di tlga sya nagcoconect.
  37. R

LF Work Experience on Wordpress/Shopify development

Bukod sa OnlineJobs PH, san pa po pwede mag apply for a remote work? More on Wordpress and Shopify development po yung work experience ko. Maraming salamat po sa sasagot.
  38. M

DEPRESSION: The Worst Feeling You'll Ever Experience

Storytime: I was diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) last November 2022. Yung first na gamot ko is Alprazolam as anxiolytic at Escitalopram as SSRI Antidepressant. First week ng pag inom ko, I feel so tired at nag aalburuto yung sikmura ko. Probably dahil...
  39. B

False Awakening sino na naka Experience Neto?

False Awakening sino na naka Experience Neto? Kaka experience ko Lang Hindi na Ako nakatulog 🤣😅 Yung False Awakening po ay Yung gumising ka pero nasa panaginip ka parin Na notice ko Lang nasa False Awakening Ako ,1,2 last 3 Nung binanggit ko Lang doon na Gusto ko na ma Dedo 😅 dun na Ako...
  40. E

Help Sino po may experience dito ng pag babuyan na negosyo?

may katanungan lang po ako hehehe...halimbawa ilang kaya magagastos from 70kilo na baboy gagawing inahin😅 ...
  41. L

Baka may GTA 5 online acc po kayo, pa experience lang po

Gusto ko lang po ma experience sana, Thank you!!
  42. Y

LF Work Looking for any work with no experience

Student friendly at preferably sana kung work from home. Kakatapos lang S.Y namin kaya kailangan ko ng work para may ipon ako habang wala pang pasok. you can dm me para pag-usapan. thank youuu.
  43. R

Help LF Part Time WFH(No experience)

Hello po currently bakasyon namen and gusto kopo sana mag work homebase po kaso wala po akong experience.
  44. N

Delete

45. S

Help DITO sim

Malakas bo ba signal ng dito sa la union? Sino napo naka experience? Or ano mas prep na sim sa la union? Tia mga boss
Back