year

A year or annus is the orbital period of a planetary body, for example, the Earth, moving in its orbit around the Sun. Due to the Earth's axial tilt, the course of a year sees the passing of the seasons, marked by change in weather, the hours of daylight, and, consequently, vegetation and soil fertility. In temperate and subpolar regions around the planet, four seasons are generally recognized: spring, summer, autumn and winter. In tropical and subtropical regions, several geographical sectors do not present defined seasons; but in the seasonal tropics, the annual wet and dry seasons are recognized and tracked.
A calendar year is an approximation of the number of days of the Earth's orbital period, as counted in a given calendar. The Gregorian calendar, or modern calendar, presents its calendar year to be either a common year of 365 days or a leap year of 366 days, as do the Julian calendars. For the Gregorian calendar, the average length of the calendar year (the mean year) across the complete leap cycle of 400 years is 365.2425 days (97 out of 400 years are leap years).
In English, the unit of time for year is commonly abbreviated as "y" or "yr". The symbol "a" is more common in scientific literature, though its exact duration may be inconsistent.
In astronomy, the Julian year is a unit of time defined as 365.25 days of exactly 86,400 seconds (SI base unit), totalling exactly 31,557,600 seconds in the Julian astronomical year.The word year is also used for periods loosely associated with, but not identical to, the calendar or astronomical year, such as the seasonal year, the fiscal year, the academic year, etc. Similarly, year can mean the orbital period of any planet; for example, a Martian year and a Venusian year are examples of the time a planet takes to transit one complete orbit. The term can also be used in reference to any long period or cycle, such as the Great Year.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  1. S

Happy 3rd Year Anniversary

Maraming salamat po sa lahat PHCorner... Green na ah😭
  2. C

Is it allowed to repeat a year in college?

For context: I kinda lost my focus this school year, having ups and downs. From having an average of 1.5 nung first year to having INC as my average (5 INC courses to this last term be exact). I attend classes pero walang pumapasok sa utak ko (not even dozing off, nakikinig ako and I hear the...
  3. S

Trivia 111 year old from England is now the world's oldest living man - Guinness

John Alfred Tinniswood is now the world’s oldest living man, following the death of 114-year-old Juan Vicente Pérez (Venezuela). John was born in Liverpool on August 26, 1912 – the same year the Titanic sank. Despite his advanced age, he can still perform most daily tasks independently: he...
  4. S

Contest X5 1 year cornhub rémíùm

Hidden content list of winners po
  5. S

Contest Cornhub rémíùm (solo account) 1 year

Hidden content Pag walang feedback sa makakakuha babawiin ko
  6. O

Crypto Binance 1 year investment Goal!!!

Starting amount 1k or $17 Day 1 Daily upload ko para masubaybayan nyo mga trades ko!!!😅
  7. R

Help I'm currently 1st year college BSIT

Any tips po para maka adopt or matuto ng mabilis sa programming and kung saan mag sisimula. SHS Strand: STEM Thankyou po!
  8. I

Looking For Buying Reddit account at least 1 or more year older with karma

Hello! Buying po ako reddit account with at least 1 or more year older with karma. Gcash transact. PM me on my viber 09669681919. Thank you!
  9. K

Contest ? Year ultimate fan na crunchyroll perosnal mo pag nanalo ka :o

Choose Number mga idol From 1-23 draw will be done at 3 pm mamaya goodluck 1 year ito kaya sulit pag nag renew personal mo na ito at baka mag renew pa ulit next year draw ko mamaya via Wheel of Names
  10. R

Help After a year

Mga lods, nag-notify din ba sa inyo na ma-expired yong sim? Mas OK pala ibang no expiry load like sa Smart.
  11. J

3rd Year Computer Engineering Design Project Thesis Helpp!!

Hi guys! So currently, 3rd year computer engineering student ako and we’re lacking of ideas na huhu. Bali, all of the presented topics namen were rejected most of it ay pang agriculture. Can you guys suggest some topics for Memorandum of Research (MOR)? Nakafocus palang to mismo sa research then...
  12. M

Help 5 Capstone Titles po sana huhu for 3rd year IT student

pwede pong makahingi ng suggestions for capstone titles po huhu. Thank you in advance!
  13. P

Happy 3rd Year To Me :)

Ayy hindi ko alam na 3rd year na pala ako hahahah Salamuch PHC Community 🥰 To More Giveaways hahaha sana sa 4th year ko may thesis na sa pag carding hahahah joke lang powz.
  14. M

Help Capstone Project Title for a 3rd Year IT Student

More on Website System na kailangan sa school or kahit outside the school po. Except for: Student management system Inventory system Enrollment system Library Management System POS
  15. T

Help 365 advanced pay level-up99 + level-up299

papatong ba sa 1year 96gb yung 28gb o hihiwalay?
  16. X

Help 3rd year student Asking for advice for capstone.

Hello guys our prof suggest kasi na gumawa ng game development sa capstone pero wala kaming alam about game development pero web development medjo goods nayung foundation. Baka may ma suggest kayo na system na magana para sa web development na may AI or anyhting the hindi information system.
  17. O

For Trade 1 Year HULU

Hidden content
  18. B

Help best discounted 1 year load

Any tips and tricks para sa mas tipid na 1 year load, or tricks kay dscm para may discount kay 1 year na load? Ang nakita ko kasi kay dito app yung 1year na 713 pesos. Mastaluv mga master
  19. C

Closed Tinder Gold Redeem Code 1 Year (02.14.24)

Done po Spin Video https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/1g7uv2gcg0arqyv/Recording_2024-02-14_142741.mp4/file
  20. L

Referral Next year na listing.. HABOL NA

Download Imota app and join 600k+ users mining #Otara tokens at imota.io and enter my referral code: Gi3Bm5Zv Otara token set to launch Mainnet in 4/2024 and Listing in Q1/2025. IMOTA APP nasa playstore Link: Imota - Web3 Earning & Mining - Apps on Google Play Lagay mo tong Code ko para...
  21. Y

YEAR 2024, CHAPTER CLOSED

Ctto ; )
  22. A

DITO MERON NA BA LAHAT? 1 YEAR PROMO CHINESE NEW YEAR!

Sarap naman kapag naka DITO! 🥰 Meron na ba lahat?
  23. F

Lunar New Year memes 2024

Gong Xi Paka! 🧛🏻‍♂️ Kung Hei Batchoy! 👨🏼‍🍳 How to Train your Dragon social post era: Happy Chinese new year! 🐲
  24. C

Referral ANTTIME Lunar New Year Airdrop

🧧 ANTTIME Lunar New Year Airdrop 🧧 ANTTIME Happy Lunar New Year Airdrop Complete all tasks and receive Total 100 USDT & 100,000 TIME points 🎁 REWARDS? 100,000 TIME Points (200 TIME Points per 1 winner / 500 PPL) 100 USDT (Ranked via the number of GLEAM referrals) 🥇 30 USDT x 1 🥈 20 USDT x 2 🥉...
  25. H

Help Unli 1 year dito

Pano mag reg dito sim for 1 year
Back