difference

A finite difference is a mathematical expression of the form f (x + b) − f (x + a). If a finite difference is divided by b − a, one gets a difference quotient. The approximation of derivatives by finite differences plays a central role in finite difference methods for the numerical solution of differential equations, especially boundary value problems.
The difference operator, commonly denoted

Δ

{\displaystyle \Delta }
is the operator that maps a function f to the function

Δ
[
f
]

{\displaystyle \Delta [f]}
defined by

Δ
[
f
]
(
x
)
=
f
(
x
+
)

f
(
x
)

{\displaystyle \Delta [f](x)=f(x+1)-f(x).}
A difference equation is a functional equation that involves the finite difference operator in the same way as a differential equation involves derivatives. There are many similarities between difference equations and differential equations, specially in the solving methods. Certain recurrence relations can be written as difference equations by replacing iteration notation with finite differences.
In numerical analysis, finite differences are widely used for approximating derivatives, and the term "finite difference" is often used as an abbreviation of "finite difference approximation of derivatives". Finite difference approximations are finite difference quotients in the terminology employed above.
Finite differences were introduced by Brook Taylor in 1715 and have also been studied as abstract self-standing mathematical objects in works by George Boole (1860), L. M. Milne-Thomson (1933), and Károly Jordan (1939). Finite differences trace their origins back to one of Jost Bürgi's algorithms (c. 1592) and work by others including Isaac Newton. The formal calculus of finite differences can be viewed as an alternative to the calculus of infinitesimals.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  1. I

Conceptual Framework and Research Paradigm Difference

Hello po. May research po kami ulit ngayon. And medyo bago po sakin yung Research Paradigm, sa Conceptual Framework lang po ako medyo familliar. Ano po ba yung Research Paradigm? Anong pinagkaiba nila? Quantitative (Corrrelational) po yung ginagawa kong research. Nag try na po ako manood ng...
  2. C

Help Ano po difference ng Government Internship Program (GIP) at pagiging Job Order/Contract of Service (JO/CoS)?

Ano po difference ng Government Internship Program (GIP) at pagiging Job Order/Contract of Service (JO/CoS)? Both naman ay walang employer-employee relationship. But since GIP is an internship program, mailalagay po ba yun sa work experience sa resume ko kung saka-sakali or sa trainings lang...
  3. B

Exfat 32 and ntfs difference

Ano po bang difference ng exfat 32 at ntfs format sa USB salamat po sa sasagot
  4. L

Help Any difference?

May pinag kaiba ba sila pag dating sa speed. Naka 936 kase ako ngayun sa globe medyo mataas ms ko sa games. Pag nag palit bako ng ganyang router may improvement kaya?
  5. E

Help Huawei 5g modem

Mga Bossing ask ko lang anong difference ng huawei h122-373 sa H122-373A? Wala kasi ako makita specs ng With "A" sa internet.Sana po may makasagot
  6. K

Help Difference between ethics, morality and social justice.

Create a 250 essay describing the difference between ethics, morality and social justice.
  7. T

Price difference?

Hello, sa mga iphone enthusiast mga magkano kaya yung ibabagsak ng current iphone 14 pro max pag nirelease yung iphone 15 dito? also, tingin nyo kelan mag aannounce yung mga authorized resellers? chineck ko kasi yung post nila last year september 30 nila nirelease so inassume ko almost same din...
  8. L

So What Is The Difference?

CTTO 🖼️ so ano na nga ba ha Soul Calibre Scarlett OHara Professora Akira ? *special thanks kay kapatid na Soul Calibre for my electrifying banner :cool:
  9. K

What is the difference between Thanos and God?

Thanos does not really enjoy making the subject suffer during his genocide, so he just snapped them out of existence quick and painless. He had no bias, and is impartial on who should un-exist, favoring no one. He knew he was a villain, and did not compel the survivors to praise him after it...
  10. P

Trivia What is the difference between a shooting star and a falling star?

A shooting star is not really a star at all. It's a tiny piece of dust or rock that enters the Earth's atmosphere at high speed and burns up, creating a bright streak of light in the sky. These are also called meteors, and they can happen any time of the year. Sometimes you can see a lot of...
  11. I

Help Difference between ρáíd and free

Ano po ba pinagka iba ng ρáíd tutorial like coursera, udemy, skillshare sa mga free tutorial sa YøùTùbé or ibang site? balak ko sana i invest time ko sa pag aaral ng web developer course at programming language pero ang concern ko lang is alin ba dapat ang tamang piliin? ρáíd or free?
  12. P

Trivia What is the difference between "he has been to" and "he has gone to"?

Using Paris as an example location, “He has been to Paris” emphasizes the speaker's presence in Paris, while “He has gone to Paris” emphasizes the speaker's journey to Paris. There may also be the overtone of a difference between the two, in that “He has been to Paris” suggests that the...
  13. T

Help Difference between the elastic neutral axis and the plastic neutral axis.

difference between the elastic neutral axis and the plastic neutral axis.
  14. S

Age difference

Puro love story manhwa binabasa ko ngayon na puro may age difference ang ML sa FL out of curiosity ano ba tlga ang acceptable age gap pag dating sa relationship? Bkt pagka mas matanda babae ok lang pero pagka mas matanda lalaki ****?
  15. S

Difference of 6080 and 1080 MTK Dimensity Chipset

Asking po kung ano yung mas better sa battery efficiency. Balak ko kasi bumili ng new phone. Or baka may mai-recommend kayo na android phone na other 5g Chipset. Thanks.
  16. X

Help Acceleration

Explain the difference in the results of the two equations of acceleration. 2h all over t squared and M2-M1 all over M1+M2 times g
  17. L

Help May Difference ba?

Yung unlidata sa *123# tsaka dun sa gigalife na unlidata?
  18. R

Help Unlidata vs unlifam

May difference po ba sa speed ang unlifam vs unlidata sa rocket sim kaya magkaiba price?
  19. D

Difference between Free VPN & ρáíd?

What are the differences,? Are free vpns unsecured?
  20. C

Help MQ-725 via RJ45 to Laptop. Is there a difference in speed?

Good day mga ka-PHC! May MQ-725 ako as a source of internet pero since i'm living inside a concrete building, need ko siya ilagay outdoors para makasagap ng magandang signal, however, dahil sa thick concrete wall, mahina ang nakukuha kong internet indoor sa laptop ko, pero pag nasa outdoor near...
  21. Y

Help Ano difference ng Elite sa Contributor?

Bukod sa kulay, may different features po ba yung dalawa?
  22. L

Help Difference

Can you explain the difference of murder and homicide?, and provide an example scenario
  23. S

Help AMD Ryzen 5 5600x VS AMD Ryzen 5 5600g

Ano po ang difference, uses at function ng ryzen 5 5600x at ryzen 5 5600g at ryzen 5 5600g? Thank You in advance mga lods.
  24. F

Big difference between all terrain and trail wheel

Bumili ako ng pang trail na gulong 26x1.75 pamalit sa all terrain na 26x2.35. First ride palang nafeel ko na yung difference. Naisip ko na parang bumigat lalo pag pedal pero in denial ako kasi mas malapad yung lumang gulong at hindi ko na din mapapalitan yung na order ko na bago. Few weeks...
  25. H

Help Difference of AMD Radeon and AMD Radeon Vega

Hello, habang naghahanap ako ng possible na bilhing laptop, naniningin ako sa mga AMD Ryzen na laptops, and so far may mga nakikita akong iGPU nila na AMD Radeon and AMD Radeon Vega (as mentioned sa title), ano much better sa kanila or faster ganon? Thanks in advance sa idea
  26. P

Trivia What is the difference between "if" and "whether" in English?

The word "if" is used when there is one potential outcome, such as "I'd like to know if you want to go to the movies." The word "whether"¹ is used when there are at least two² potential outcomes, such as "I'd like to know whether you want to go to the movies or stay home." Correlative...
  27. O

Course BIT CT AND BSIT difference course

hello! Nag kaubusan kasi ng bsit na course dito samin wala rin comsci na inooffer, goods na kaya yung industrial? same lang kaya sila ng tinuturo at job opportunities. Meron daw bsit pero under daw sa college of management and entrepreneurship, hindi siya sa college of technology.
  28. T

Trivia The difference between WEB-DL, REMUX, & UHD Bluray

What is UHD BluRay? - A UHD BluRay is all the files from the entire BluRay Disc (menus and extras included), so the quality is the same as the original copy. The Remux is the video and audio of the disc packed in a .mkv file without losing quality but without menus and extras, often just...
  29. T

What's the difference?

mga boss, anong difference ng bibili ka ng windows key sa third-party seller vs download lang sa internet ng mga kms activation?
  30. P

Trivia What is the difference between 'through' and 'via'?

The difference between via and through can be seen in these two sample sentences. I drove home via the grocery store. I drove home through the grocery store. Via means by way of. Through means, to move in one side and out the other. Of course we will use via and not going inside the store.
  31. P

Trivia What is the difference between saying 'could have' and 'might have' in an English sentence?

“Could” and “might” are called modal verbs, and are used in support of other verbs, called main verbs. “Could” is also the past tense of “can,” and “might” is the past tense of “may.” In practice, using “could” in a sentence gives the likelihood of an occurrence greater possibility than “might.”...
  32. P

Reset and reformat

In your own words, what is the difference between reset and reformat sa PC
  33. P

Trivia What is the difference between "May I come in?" and "May I get in?"

“May I come in?” is used for asking permission to enter a room. Usually we knock and then say these words. We use the words come in as most of us walk into the room. “May I get in?”, “get in” is used when we ask somebody whether we can jump into a boat, or a swimming pool, or get into a bus...
  34. P

Trivia Is "I'm doing great" grammatically correct?

No. It is an idiomatic, grammatically incorrect response to an idiomatic, ungrammatical question: “How are you doing?” The question should be, “How are you feeling?” The answer would then be a grammatical “I’m feeling great!”
  35. P

Trivia What is the difference between "Advice" and "Advise"?

Advice Advice is a noun. When we have a problem, we ask someone for their advice. It is like a recommendation message about what might be done to address the problem. For instance: My professors always give us good advice. My advice is, always use your brain. Advise Advise is a verb...
  36. K

Ano difference ng MTB, Road Bike at Gravel bike

Pa help mga bike experts, bagong salta kase ako sa bulacan at medyo mahirap ang transpo kase pila dito pila doon at medyo mahal ang pamasahe.. Since around manila lang ang work ko kaya ko naman ibike from home to work. Penge ako insights niyo kung anong bike ang recommended sa malubak at...
  37. P

Difference between NV1 AND NV2 SSD'S?

nakakalito ano po pagakakaiba nila?
  38. C

Difference of Android Studio & Android Studio Code

Good eve po, ask ko lng po kung ano pinagkaiba nung dalawang yan?
  39. P

Spot The Difference

buti pa yung dahon,mahal,eh ikaw ba? 🥴
  40. K

What's the difference between kinky and perverted?

Kinky is when you tickle your girlfriend with a feather, perverted is when you use the whole bird.
  41. D

Help Difference between Google tv and Andriod tv.

Ask ko lang po ano pinag kaiba ng dalawang yan ui lang po o pati processor? meron kasi akong nakita na same model isa nka google tv at yung isa standard na android tv.
Back