story

A story within a story, also referred to as an embedded narrative, is a literary device in which a character within a story becomes the narrator of a second story (within the first one). Multiple layers of stories within stories are sometimes called nested stories. A play may have a brief play within it, such as Shakespeare's play Hamlet; a film may show the characters watching a short film; or a novel may contain a short story within the novel. A story within a story can be used in all types of narration: novels, short stories, plays, television programs, films, poems, songs, video games, and philosophical essays.
The inner stories are told either simply to add entertainment or more usually to act as an example to the other characters. In either case, the inner story often has a symbolic and psychological significance for the characters in the outer story. There is often some parallel between the two stories, and the fiction of the inner story is used to reveal the truth in the outer story. Often the stories within a story are used to satirize views, not only in the outer story, but also in the real world. When a story is told within another instead of being told as part of the plot, it allows the author to play on the reader's perceptions of the characters—the motives and the reliability of the storyteller are automatically in question.
Stories within a story may disclose the background of characters or events, tell of myths and legends that influence the plot, or even seem to be extraneous diversions from the plot. In some cases, the story within a story is involved in the action of the plot of the outer story. In others, the inner story is independent, so that it can either be skipped over or be read separately, although many subtle connections may be lost. Sometimes, the inner story serves as an outlet for discarded ideas that the author deemed to be of too much merit to leave out completely, somewhat analogous to the inclusion of deleted scenes with home video releases of films. Often there is more than one level of internal stories, leading to deeply-nested fiction. Mise en abyme is the French term for a similar literary device (also referring to the practice in heraldry of placing the image of a small shield on a larger shield).

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  1. G

Continuous Story (5-10 words each) [Tagalog version]

Mag start ako ng 10 words then sundan nyo ng another 10 (minimum 5, max 10) words hanggang makabuo tayo ng story. *bahala kayo sa ano gusto nyo idagdag, problema ng kasunod sa inyo kung paano nya dugtungan *huwag lang yung patungong kalibugan, as much as possible Game start! ▶️ May isang...
  2. R

The story of the Moon and the Sun - Created Eclipse.

The story of the Moon and the Sun Long before God decided to create the world, Sol, a beautiful young man with golden hair and riding a brisk hair, observed in the distance a beautiful and mysterious woman named Luna, with very white skin and a beautiful black hair, leaving He immediately fell...
  3. S

Help Testament: The Story of Moses 2024 salamat po

Wala lang po ako Netflix update i got from other source Testament The Story of Moses
  4. N

Android App Minecraft Story Mode MOD APK 1.37

⭐️MOD Features Unlocked ⭐️ Download Link 👇 Hidden content
  5. S

Help The article of stamina by Rica Mary perez how would you describe the subject of this article? (Bot)

The article of stamina by Rica Mary perez how would you describe the subject of this article?
  6. R

SAN ROQUE Cathedral Church Story.

SAN ROQUE CATHEDRAL CHURCH The San Roque Cathedral, simply known as Caloocan Cathedral, is now the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kalookan. It began as a small chapel in 1765 in an area called Libis Aromahan (Sitio de Espinas) when the Parochial Vicar of Santo Niño de Tondo Parish, Rev...
  7. Y

Help Pa Recommend Anime (Complete Story po sana)

any gerne or kahit madaming episode po basta complete yung istorya ayus lang po Thanks in advance po.:AnimeBite:
  8. R

The origins of the Piano - The Story of the Piano's Invention

The Piano's Ancestor was a Monochord Instrument Instruments can be divided into three categories based on how they produce sounds. Those categories are string instruments, wind instruments, and percussion instruments. The piano's ancestry can be traced back through various instruments such as...
  9. S

Hollywood Story MOD APK v11.14.5 (Unlimited Diamonds)

Hidden content Unlimited Diamonds *use diamonds to buy banknotes and you can get the mod.
  10. E

Direct Link The Love Story - Gigi de Lana (2024)

Hidden content OGG 320 kbps Vorbis | Google Drive 26 songs | 2h 5min https://open.spotify.com/album/3AA1wkZh6HI3rk2Yx2i2DC?si=oV509KuISTCzlTUQdfOoZg
  11. Z

Story Time/Share Ko Lang

So as usual habang nagtuturo me sa mga bata kanina biglang may program yung brgy hall dito samin. Cutting of Ribbon para sa bagong brgy hall. Tho nasanay na kami dito na kung may program sa Gym at sa brgy hall, sobra talagang maingay as in sobra to the point kahit na nakalapel mic kana eh...
  12. S

Very Sad Story

13. I

Poems Behind every strong person, there is a story that gave them no choice

Behind every strong person, there is a story that gave them no choice
  14. C

Sumakay sa bus short story

nag commute ako sa bus ganito pa nangyari! Kanina, may babaeng umiiyak sa bus, nalaglag daw kasi yung last money nya. Sabi ng kundoktor, saan mo po ba nalaglag miss? Hinde daw alam ng babae kung saan nahulog yung 500 nya. Medyo maawain talaga ako sa mga ganito eh, kaya sabi ko, eto miss 100...
  15. N

Episode - choose your story unlimited gems and passes

meron po ba episode - choose your story unlimited gems and passes mod apk or gems and passes generator
  16. P

Omegle Story

Anong omegle story nyo?
  17. D

Jeepney Story

Hi, hingi po sana akong advice how to make convo with girl na nakakasabayan kong bumamaba sa jeep,pag nakakasabayan ko na kasi nawawala na confident ko gusto ko siyang makilala pa
  18. D

STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R (JB Switch) USA

Title: STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R Release Date: Nov 02, 2023 Hidden content
  19. I

Direct Link Francis M - The Story of Francis M (Ultimate Collection)

Francis M - The Story of Francis M (Ultimate Collection) FLAC Francis Michael Durango Magalona (October 4, 1964 – March 6, 2009), also known as Francis M., was a Filipino rapper, singer, songwriter, television personality, actor, and entrepreneur. He is regarded as an influential figure in...
  20. X

Sad story

21. C

A Love Story

22. T

Story lng to guys

Wag masyadong seryosohin. Hidden content
  23. P

Story Time (wag maoffend ah, learn instead)

So i have this workmate who goes to work and he doesn't drink water like when on duty, he only drink flavored drink or just carbonated drink if not, its like 2 years now thats a habit. So he said that he is acidic when my manager asked him about why does he not take coffee, is acidic a logical...
  24. Y

Fbdown - Story saver v14.2 (ρrémíùm)

PLEASE NOTE THAT : This app is NOT affiliated with or endorsed by Facebook's official network. Why this Story Saver for Facebook is special ? All in one app: ★ Story Saver for Facebook ★ Photo downloader for Facebook ★ Video Downloader for Facebook ★ Story Saver for Instagram ★ Photo...
  25. M

The Story Star Wars Hidden Empire (TPB) (2023)

The Story – Star Wars – Hidden Empire (TPB) (2023) Qi’ra’s final plot to take down the Empire! The mysterious criminal syndicate Crimson Dawn and its leader, Lady Qi’ra, have become the galaxy’s most wanted now that Emperor Palpatine has realized the scope of their plans against him and moves to...
  26. M

The Story Star Wars The High Republic The Blade #1-4

The Story – Star Wars – The High Republic – The Blade Hundreds of years before the Skywalker saga, witness the birth of a Jedi legend! Porter Engle is perhaps the most skilled lightsaber wielder in the High Republic. With his sister and fellow Jedi Knight Barash Silvain, he travels the galaxy...
  27. T

Help Request: Psycho Lost Tapes of Ed Gein

Baka pede po makahingi ng link nitong bagong documentary na Psycho Lost Tapes of Ed Gein. Maraming salamat po
  28. S

My Story (Other Viewers)

mga lods wala ba talagang paraan para malaman kung sino ung mga "others" na nagvview ng my story sa fb?
  29. J

WebNovel Konosuba Vol1-17 with Side Story epub

1.16 GB folder on MEGA <
  30. U

Help Baka naman po may 10x10 2 storey kayo na plan

Patulong naman po baka merob kayung 10x10 na plan 2 storey na may plumbing at electrical plan po pang prelim lang po
  31. G

Help Toy Story 4

HELLO GUYZ SINO PO SA INYO MAY BAGONG LINK NG TOY STORY 4 720P LANG PO, PASHARE NAMAN PO NG DOWNLOAD LINK THABKYOU IN ADVANCE .
  32. S

Story Time Muna

Isang bank manager ang nagugulat sa isang lola na nagde-deposit lagi ng malaking pera kada linggo meron na itong 30 milyon sa bangko at kada linggo ay nadadagdagan pa ito. Nakatuwaan niyang tanungin ang matanda.. Bank Manager: Lola, bakit po ba ang laki ng nade-deposit nyo? Ano po ba ang...
  33. F

OASIS-WHAT'S THE STORY MORNING GLORY 24BIT-44.1KHZ

LINK:Easyupload.io - Upload Files and Share Them Easily
  34. A

Anime Studio Story v2.2.5 APK

Hidden content
  35. K

Wattpad story_One Night Stand with a Stranger

HEY GUYS! KUNG MAY TIME KAYO AT KUNG TYPE NINYONG MAGBASA NG MGA ROMANCE COMEDY NA MAY HALONG MGA sê×ÿ SCENES FEEL FREE TO READ MY STORY! ON GOING PA PO ITO BUT DON'T WORRY DAHIL DAILY UPLOAD NAMAN PO.! AND FOR THE STORY LINK: https://www.dreame.com/story/3779811840 PROLOGUE ----...
  36. R

A Story Of Modern Love.

🖼️ Ctto.
  37. A

Help Request: Ben Tumbling: A People's Journal Story

Baka po may nakatabi kayong old movie dyan
  38. R

Ulan Love Story

M: SaU-LAN ako naging masaya F: ako Rain nman
  39. S

True Story

*Credits to the rightful owner of the photo.
  40. P

Love Story

Dati ang love story nagsisimula sa "Once upon a time". Pero ngayon "Lasing kami that time".🥴
  41. Y

Foreign Music The Story Of Us by Taylor Swift (320 kbps)

🎧 Track: The Story Of Us 👤 Artist: Taylor Swift 💽 Album: Speak Now (Deluxe Edition) 📅 Date: 2017-06-09 Link: I posted this thread to share the relatable and meaningful lyrics of this song. I hope someone here see this and try to understand the lyrics of this music. It’s all yours...
  42. C

Android App Promeo Story & Reels Maker v6.7.0 Pr3mium

Promeo – Story & Reels Maker v6.7.0 Pr3mium Size: 104MB Create stunning designs with no effort. Easily customize ready-to-use templates with simple tools and share them online to get more likes and followers. Pick from 10,000+ optimized, editable templates that are customizable with vivid...
  43. S

My Hotpot Story 1.8.1 APK + MOD (Unlimited Money)

My Hotpot Story 1.8.1 APK + MOD (Unlimited Money) Download Link My Hotpot Story 1.8.1 APK + MOD (Unlimited Money) DownloadHidden content
Back